Do you trust the Skyeship?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: Do you trust the Skyeship?

Post by MrsG »

Not big lodge people to warm up - that's when we do a trip to Rt4, to warm up in Skyship!
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

today was a no peak to creek day
and i missed it
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
Eddytheyetti
Green Skidder

Post by Eddytheyetti »

Killington without stage 1 puts vertical under 2k feet. That’s not going to be good for marketing. And that would cut out a lot of green and blue terrain. Maybe it works if you push through with the interconnect.

I’d rather see them double down on it. Overhaul the lift and replace the boxes with bike friendly boxes. Extend the bike park down to route 4 and make that the center of operations for early and late season biking . We could have a full month plus of bike and ski season overlap in the spring and fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

We already lost Sunrise and now someone wants to get rid of Stage 1. No f*** way. I enjoy Killington's longest trails, even though I normally prefer steeper terrain. The lodge is being renovated, but the lift clearly needs some attention. How hard is it to do an overhaul like they did on K1. That's all that it needs.
simpletwist
Blue Chatterbox

Post by simpletwist »

I love skiing down to Skyeship and catching it at 4pm for my last run. It's a great addition to the mountain and one of the things that sets it apart from everyone else.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Just get me one working lift that gets me up Skye Peak from Needles, don't care which!
ImageImageImageImage
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

While I don't ski it that often, I'm glad its there. I particularly like when the non-Great Eastern routes near the bottom are open, Touchdown and Valley Plunge. Peak to Creek is a right of passage. Killington should put up signs at various spots to note the changing climate from alpine to riverside. Really, there should be a whole guide. And free "K3000" stickers for kids who complete it. Do I trust it? Nah. But I'm not about to carry my own evac kit either. Just give me a free hot chocolate voucher for the delay and we're cool, Killington.

So is the bar open inside yet? Asking for a friend... :mrgreen:
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

rogman wrote: Jan 24th, '24, 17:28 While I don't ski it that often, I'm glad its there. I particularly like when the non-Great Eastern routes near the bottom are open, Touchdown and Valley Plunge. Peak to Creek is a right of passage. Killington should put up signs at various spots to note the changing climate from alpine to riverside. Really, there should be a whole guide. And free "K3000" stickers for kids who complete it. Do I trust it? Nah. But I'm not about to carry my own evac kit either. Just give me a free hot chocolate voucher for the delay and we're cool, Killington.

You would have to include a pipe saw to open the doors if you wanted to self evack on the gondolas. Might be a little bulky.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Dude GFY
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Dude GFY »

Big Bob wrote: Jan 24th, '24, 18:07
rogman wrote: Jan 24th, '24, 17:28 While I don't ski it that often, I'm glad its there. I particularly like when the non-Great Eastern routes near the bottom are open, Touchdown and Valley Plunge. Peak to Creek is a right of passage. Killington should put up signs at various spots to note the changing climate from alpine to riverside. Really, there should be a whole guide. And free "K3000" stickers for kids who complete it. Do I trust it? Nah. But I'm not about to carry my own evac kit either. Just give me a free hot chocolate voucher for the delay and we're cool, Killington.

You would have to include a pipe saw to open the doors if you wanted to self evack on the gondolas. Might be a little bulky.
Nah...half the doors dont even close right...just give them a push
HomeyTim
Beginner On Rentals

Post by HomeyTim »

F no. 2 years ago I had to let the lifty in the top shack know that the door in the cabin I rode up on was about to fall off…. The first COVID year was heaven for me being able to ride Needles Quad mid-week.

I was talking to a lady this week whose cabin smashed into the cabin ahead of hers leaving the terminal because the one ahead didnt launch….

That lift is sketchy AF. And the barn for the cabins isn’t confidence inspiring to say the least…. I’m surprised its still standing given the giant cracks in the walls and the rotten wood everywhere…

The lift is necessary for a number of reasons… I also like some of the terrain down there when it’s open (Home Stretch, Plunge etc).
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Agree with Low Rider and GMCrra above; the lift and it's "terrain" are part of K. If nothing else, there's the Valley Plunge finish [or maybe that's gone now after the July flooding event.

K4Man - The heaters DID work. I believe over time they just stopped using them [and for some reason left all the gas doors open [that looks like sh*t]. The radio never worked.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

The only lifts that are trustworthy are the Northbrook quad, bear chair and snowdon triple. The rest have some sort of issue or another it seems.
Maybe CQ4 as it had quite a lot done to it this offseason
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

ozzy wrote: Jan 24th, '24, 19:55 The only lifts that are trustworthy are the Northbrook quad, bear chair and snowdon triple. The rest have some sort of issue or another it seems.
I don't recall many issues with the snowshed double.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

ozzy wrote: Jan 24th, '24, 19:55 The only lifts that are trustworthy are the Northbrook quad, bear chair and snowdon triple. The rest have some sort of issue or another it seems.
All fixies no?
ImageImageImageImage
Eddytheyetti
Green Skidder

Post by Eddytheyetti »

ozzy wrote:The only lifts that are trustworthy are the Northbrook quad, bear chair and snowdon triple. The rest have some sort of issue or another it seems.
The northbrook is a crap shoot as on any given ride there might be 6 passenger crashes at the top, or bottom, that stop the lift and make the average ride time way too long for that short of a rise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk