What did you do this past weekend?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

What did you do this past weekend?

Post by tyrolean_skier »

We attended Iceman's playoff game on Saturday. They won so they move on to the next playoff game. We did boating both days and we got really cooled off while out over the water. So cool in fact, that I had to wear a jacket for a good part of both days. I know those of you who were inland cannot believe that but it is true. The ocean breezes definitely cool things off at this time of the year. I also spent a few hours yesterday shopping for summer clothes for the Snow Princess since she has outgrown the things from last summer. We did have a little adventure this afternoon but I will let SkiDork post the details on that one.

Hope all of you had an enjoyable weekend.
snowsprite
Post Office

Re: What did you do this past weekend?

Post by snowsprite »

I wonder what this little adventure is!

We went swimming w/ our friends on Saturday, Zig read his flag day essay at the elks (it's really nice--he got an award from them. I will try to post it).

Then we went to VT for the night/day. It did cool off suddenly late this afternoon, earlier it was pretty hot & muggy, even for VT. Then there was an incredible downpour. I think it dropped like 15 degrees in 10 minutes once the r*in started. You suddenly heard a dull roar that was not the distant thunder: it was the entire state of Vermont shouting "Hooray!!!!"

It was a great weekend...but much too short as always.
8)
Sprite

tyrolean_skier wrote:We attended Iceman's playoff game on Saturday. They won so they move on to the next playoff game. We did boating both days and we got really cooled off while out over the water. So cool in fact, that I had to wear a jacket for a good part of both days. I know those of you who were inland cannot believe that but it is true. The ocean breezes definitely cool things off at this time of the year. I also spent a few hours yesterday shopping for summer clothes for the Snow Princess since she has outgrown the things from last summer. We did have a little adventure this afternoon but I will let SkiDork post the details on that one.

Hope all of you had an enjoyable weekend.
I like wine.
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

My wife decided to show the kids how to do the Pogo stick this weekend. I wasn't watching, but she started doing it and right after she started, she heard a pop and went down. My older son came running and got me and I got her up off the ground. Took her to the ER. She tore her ACL and is on crutches and a big brace to keep her from bending her knee.

She's going to try to see a regular orthopedist today and see what the deal is. I'm predicting she'll need surgery as she messed up her knee once before skiing and it probably never healed right then.

Other than that it was a great weekend!
Hey Jude
Black Carver

Post by Hey Jude »

Sunday I had to go to a bridal shower on Staten Island, a mere 57 mile ride from my house. How long do you think that takes? Try 3 1/2 hours! Sat in the trenches for over an hour and a half because they were doing Sunday road work, oh, wait, what road work? They had all the lanes closed backing up traffic for miles, but there was only one crew doing any work! Bless all of you who live and work in Manhattan and the boroughs and have to drive around out there.

I could have driven to Vermont in the time it took me to go to Staten Island, hay caramba!
Girly, tough is not enough!
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

I'm not telling.
ImageImageImageImage
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Damn that sux, it's bad enough to tear an ACL skiing, but on a pogo stick. Hope it's not too bad. :cry:
LINYbob wrote:My wife decided to show the kids how to do the Pogo stick this weekend. I wasn't watching, but she started doing it and right after she started, she heard a pop and went down. My older son came running and got me and I got her up off the ground. Took her to the ER. She tore her ACL and is on crutches and a big brace to keep her from bending her knee.

She's going to try to see a regular orthopedist today and see what the deal is. I'm predicting she'll need surgery as she messed up her knee once before skiing and it probably never healed right then.

Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Fed baby, burped baby, change diapers. Had some fun reading posts of people ripping into andy. Jumped in if I thought I could add value. Replaced and moved sprinkler valves. Cleaned garage.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

LINYbob wrote:My wife decided to show the kids how to do the Pogo stick this weekend. I wasn't watching, but she started doing it and right after she started, she heard a pop and went down. My older son came running and got me and I got her up off the ground. Took her to the ER. She tore her ACL and is on crutches and a big brace to keep her from bending her knee.

So sorry to hear about your wife's injury. Hopefully it is not too bad and it can be repaired. Keep us updated on her status.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Hey Jude wrote:Sunday I had to go to a bridal shower on Staten Island, a mere 57 mile ride from my house. How long do you think that takes? Try 3 1/2 hours! Sat in the trenches for over an hour and a half because they were doing Sunday road work, oh, wait, what road work? They had all the lanes closed backing up traffic for miles, but there was only one crew doing any work! Bless all of you who live and work in Manhattan and the boroughs and have to drive around out there.

I could have driven to Vermont in the time it took me to go to Staten Island, hay caramba!
Did you take the Throgs Neck coming from Connecticut. That construction has been going on for a while. I got stuck in it one Sunday coming back from K - it added something like 45 minutes to my drive back.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Helped daughter with her end of year French project which was really interesting considering that I don't speak a word of the language.

Tried to teach the younger dog to be a well behaved pooch and not:

a. chase cars.
b. drag his owner all over creation
c. attempt to have sexual relations with the huge (100+ lbs) dog up
the street. (Props for trying. He'd need a ladder but that isn't
stopping him).

Made enough chicken jerky to last the rest of the month.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Made enough chicken jerky to last the rest of the month.
Sounds good BigK, how do you make this?

Sprite
I like wine.
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Made enough chicken jerky to last the rest of the month.
Sounds good BigK, how do you make this?

Sprite
I like wine.
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Hey Jude wrote:Sunday I had to go to a bridal shower on Staten Island, a mere 57 mile ride from my house. How long do you think that takes? Try 3 1/2 hours! Sat in the trenches for over an hour and a half because they were doing Sunday road work, oh, wait, what road work? They had all the lanes closed backing up traffic for miles, but there was only one crew doing any work! Bless all of you who live and work in Manhattan and the boroughs and have to drive around out there.

Did you take the Throgs Neck coming from Connecticut. That construction has been going on for a while. I got stuck in it one Sunday coming back from K - it added something like 45 minutes to my drive back.
The Throgs Neck construction is done. They have all the lanes open again. I don't know what they have to show for the construction over the winter - it looks the same as before.

An observation - I used to live in Houston, TX, and moved back about 15 yrs. ago. to NY. Now we have satellite radio in the car and for kicks we listen to Houston traffic from time to time. It's kind of funny, but the same roads are *still* under construction - in the same spots - as they were in the '80s. I honestly think they just do it for fun.
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
So sorry to hear about your wife's injury. Hopefully it is not too bad and it can be repaired. Keep us updated on her status.
One nice thing about KZone - its a great medical resource too. I'm printing out lots of threads related to MtnMan's ACL injury to show to my wife so she'll know what she's in for this summer. It sounds like it's not going to be too much fun.
nancie2k
Slalom Racer

Post by nancie2k »

did lots more planting, emptied the hot tub, cleaned and refilled it,had to clean it after all the traffic it had last year with all the kid's parties. worked on cleaning the pool, lots of vacuuming!! we only put the mesh cover on over the winter and the bottom was full of gunk like a scummy pond. at least now i can see the bottom of the pool. i put the heater on and will go in it later today :D
had to carry the outdoor carpet and lay it out around the pool all by myself-husband had to go back under anesthesia on wed to have his wound drained and irrigated-he got a hospital infection somehow and had been oozing tons of gunk that even grossed me out :shock:
the dr said it was worse than he had thought, took longer to do the procedure because he had to go back under the muscle. he is on double the dose of antibiotic, and recovery has been set back quite a bit. he is so depressed. he stayed in his pj's til this morning when he went in to work for a few hours
my tomato plants are looking great! :D
it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it :)