Crime

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Crime

Post by easyrider16 »

TheLurker wrote: Feb 19th, '24, 17:35 The article below indicates at least six of them required bail.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/18/us-news/w ... melee/amp/
Two of these migrants are now in ICE custody and will likely be deported. Why not all of them?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 21st, '24, 09:50
TheLurker wrote: Feb 19th, '24, 17:35 The article below indicates at least six of them required bail.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/18/us-news/w ... melee/amp/
Two of these migrants are now in ICE custody and will likely be deported. Why not all of them?
Because in NYC it is illegal for the NYPD or anyone in the DAs office or city government officials to contact ice to get them deported.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

But if ICE knew about two of them, how could they not know about all of them? I mean the NY post did.

Also, I agree that's a stupid policy. Local law enforcement should be *required* to tell ICE that it's picked up illegal/undocumented migrants.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

easyrider16 wrote:But if ICE knew about two of them, how could they not know about all of them? I mean the NY post did.

Also, I agree that's a stupid policy. Local law enforcement should be *required* to tell ICE that it's picked up illegal/undocumented migrants.
No can do in a sanctuary city.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit