Black Carver

Friday

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

Do not hit Giant Killer. That is all.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: Friday

Post by MrsG »

Snow surface good over here, but that fog is game changer! Other than the Brits being here, where are all these people from! Rams/lower Snowshed lots full - half upper Snowshed too!
my poor knees
Green Skidder

Post by my poor knees »

skibikeclimbguy wrote: Feb 2nd, '24, 11:06 Do not hit Giant Killer. That is all.
Where is Giant Killer, I don't see it on the map
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

MrsG wrote: Feb 2nd, '24, 11:12 Other than the Brits being here, where are all these people from! Rams/lower Snowshed lots full - half upper Snowshed too!
Friday is the new Saturday
Where is Happy Hour ?
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

my poor knees wrote: Feb 2nd, '24, 11:56
skibikeclimbguy wrote: Feb 2nd, '24, 11:06 Do not hit Giant Killer. That is all.
Where is Giant Killer, I don't see it on the map
Try the pico map.
Where is Happy Hour ?
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Bloody Brits.

They're over paid, over sexed, and over here.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Brits do not have cars here - think they only arrived to the mountain around 11:00 am! This earlier crowd is from somewhere else! Last season, Fridays were like this - first time this season seeing it this bad - maybe Ikon peeps waited unti Feb to go out! Went to P.O., and Fog seemed to have lifted - hope afternoon great out there - be safe!
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

KingsFourMan wrote: Feb 2nd, '24, 12:30 Bloody Brits.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

G-smashed wrote: Feb 2nd, '24, 13:16
KingsFourMan wrote: Feb 2nd, '24, 12:30 Bloody Brits.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Haha,agreed!

Between 1942 and 1945, nearly two million young Americans were sent to Britain to join the Allied invasion of Nazi-occupied Europe. Most had never been away from home; most of their hosts knew about America only through Hollywood films. What has been called America’s friendly occupation of Britain transformed both countries, as well as the lives of those who experienced it.

There was an inevitable clash of cultures. G.I.s were warned the British “don’t know how to make a good cup of coffee.” Britons complained that the only problem with the Americans was that they were “overfed, overpaid, oversexed, and over here.” Even so, the partnership worked. George Mason University history professor Kevin Matthews explores what Winston Churchill called the “special relationship.”
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

another foggy start though it did lift throughout the session. another warmish day. crowd wise felt more like a sunday except they didn't leave early. 9-2 shift.

the usual highline start. might have been a half inch of new snow filling in the 'roy. very nice. headed to bear to seek refuge from the fog. much better viz. all the groomers there skied well. the recently groomed upper WF very good. not good was shorty which was groomed concrete. lower OL was "ok" but not enough for us to wanna ski the whole run.

needles runs good. lower stitch still good. lower vertigo snow mixed w scratch. "ok" at best. supe & lark skied well. recently groomed old supe very good. recently groomed mid o - not as good. lot more scratch. continue to enjoy the hard bumps on low road.

in the canyon, escapade very good. cascade surprisingly good considering it was afternoon. LEF similar. not good was double dip. can use another groom. royal flush was beyond GETS. ridge run hard bumps w ice in between.

vagabond good. upper chute good. had to hug the left edge on upper GB. lower very good. one of the best surfaces of the day. overall a very good day. have a feeling this weekend's gonna be crazy crowded.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

The surface on Dipper went from terrible to pretty good half way down as you skied out of the fog and suddenly it was soft snow and visibility!
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

No South Fridge scheduled tomorrow, ugh.
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

newpylong1 wrote: Feb 2nd, '24, 20:04 No South Fridge scheduled tomorrow, ugh.
This happened last weekend and it was open. The website also says Ramshead is on hold so.. take with a howdy sized grain of salt.
Ski It If You Can!..
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Stay in the trees. The branches tend to catch the freezing r*in. Somewhere Nowhere is real nice as is the Light, Dipper Woods.
Attachments
PXL_20240202_211404581.jpg
PXL_20240202_211404581.jpg (462.74 KiB) Viewed 755 times
PXL_20240202_211407878.jpg
PXL_20240202_211407878.jpg (424.52 KiB) Viewed 755 times
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 2nd, '24, 20:25
newpylong1 wrote: Feb 2nd, '24, 20:04 No South Fridge scheduled tomorrow, ugh.
This happened last weekend and it was open. The website also says Ramshead is on hold so.. take with a howdy sized grain of salt.
Thanks. It does say scheduled now, along with Snowshed double. I have a feeling I'll be riding the slugs today.