Blue Chatterbox

Re: Sunday 2 11 24

Post by Dude GFY »

Best report ever Beast Fans.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Agreed. After such a great day yesterday, we paid for it.

Tricks mentioned Highline was ok by 1:00 due to the sun.
Where is Happy Hour ?
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Stayed at Snowshed waiting for Sup to open - did not want to do the schlep to K1! Did the wrap around to Bearclaw to Anti-venom to lower Skyburst - a lot of large ice balls and not a do-over. WF closed early. Over to Cruise which was frozaroy, or marbles, but seemed like it would soften up with the sun on it. Back to Snowshed via chair to nowhere and there were so many Brits and beginners, we thought it best to get out of there! Have to say, it was much better than the one-and-done that we expected! After the past week of beautiful sunshine, think Mother Nature was reminding us who is in control😂🤣😂
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Upper Chute was good. Lower was a train wreck. Riding the Canyon quad saw a father and son waiting at the bottom of Cascade as mom did the treacherous slide slip down. Their convo at the top, “sure honey, you can do this”. After? Well, bet that’s gonna be one dead bedroom for a while.
wannabeskibum
Bumper

Post by wannabeskibum »

Somehow managed to ski about a dozen runs sampling everything. ROTD was the final run down header -
Skis - Blizzard Brahma 88, Nordica Enforcer 104
Age - over 45 years @ Killington
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Flush, soft bumps all day. A little thin, but tight left edge was rock free.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Good day for a lotta laps in the peace park with the kiddos.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

rogman wrote: Feb 11th, '24, 18:11 Upper Chute was good. Lower was a train wreck. Riding the Canyon quad saw a father and son waiting at the bottom of Cascade as mom did the treacherous slide slip down. Their convo at the top, “sure honey, you can do this”. After? Well, bet that’s gonna be one dead bedroom for a while.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!
Bumper

Post by 180 »

twilkas wrote: Feb 11th, '24, 19:13
rogman wrote: Feb 11th, '24, 18:11 Upper Chute was good. Lower was a train wreck. Riding the Canyon quad saw a father and son waiting at the bottom of Cascade as mom did the treacherous slide slip down. Their convo at the top, “sure honey, you can do this”. After? Well, bet that’s gonna be one dead bedroom for a while.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

From Highline we watched someone lose their board and slide the whole length of Lower O today
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

:twisted:
Rogman I love your post!

I see this a lot with the experienced skier new to K. Or in the intermediate skill set. The screaming, crying and yelling “ easy I hate you.. wait till get down”.

The boy or girl friend said “you can do it it’s easy”about the ice then sand. The bottom part of cascade( expert black and one of my favorite trails) is tricky with good snow but changes fast. Packed real snow to man made. Firm, to ice and sand.
I personally have mastered both with caution. Yes I have fallen there and did the death slide. More cautious now with sharpened skis and better textured ski pants.
I always pray thank God I got down this section Without getting hurt.
Now I check the daily groomed trails report, after the warm weather to the overnight freeze to ice and will take a green instead. The re-groom doesn’t always work, but operations and ski patrol tries to keep us safe.
R
Yes folks the the happy couple room may not be so happy for awhile or they may break up.

Just to brag to your friends that you did an expert trail in slick ice isn’t worth it.
Follow the skier’s and rider’s code. Safety first.
wgo
Beginner On Rentals

Post by wgo »

What's the deal with the open trail count going from 155 to 108 in a single day?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Everything that was soft on Saturday is now frozen solid. If it didn't get groomed it isn't open.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

daytripper wrote: Feb 12th, '24, 09:20 Everything that was soft on Saturday is now frozen solid. If it didn't get groomed it isn't open.
Tried a couple low angle woods runs...lost 3 fillings.
ImageImageImageImage
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

wgo wrote: Feb 12th, '24, 09:16 What's the deal with the open trail count going from 155 to 108 in a single day?
Mushy spring Saturday...freeze/thaw Sunday. Sun didn't make enough of an appearance to soften anything very much.
ImageImageImageImage