SkyeShip Gondala > Number of busted chairs..

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: SkyeShip Gondala > Number of busted chairs..

Post by Captain Hafski »

Stormchaser wrote: Feb 13th, '24, 16:57 Can anyone tell me why there are only 2 RFID gates for an 8-person lift?
Easy - It has nothing to do with capacity of the chair/cabin - It has to do with how long it takes to load one chair/cabin. If there is 20 seconds between cabins, 5 seconds for each person to get through.

Did you forget about the Fast Track lanes as well ! :D
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Never seen the two gates be a bottleneck at Needles. There’s only 3 on the K1 (2+1 for singles). Not a problem there either.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

I finally got caught up in the Skyship debacle 2 Saturdays ago when we had that big snowstorm.

I took a late day run down GE to check it out down there and get some water in the lodge. Took about a 15-20 minute break then hopped back on the Skyship. Starting at about halfway up to Needle eye base, it stopped about 5 or 6 times for extended periods and when it was running it sounded really strained. The trip to the bottom of Needles took about 35-40 minutes. They were forcing everyone off at the bottom of Needles in a panic. I parked at bear that day and about an hour or so later when I was leaving, I saw about a 100 or so people waiting to be picked up down there by shuttle buses. What a sh*t show. I was lucky to have made it out of there without getting stranded down there in that mess.

For my inconvenience, I got a voucher for a discounted lift ticket as long as I went to a customer service desk within 24 hours.

That lift is in serious need of an overhaul like the K1 received a few years back. I can't believe how much this is happening and there is seemingly no plans to overhaul or replace it. Killington's list of pressing infrastructure needs is daunting, and Powder doesn't seem to be willing or able to keep up with it.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

KingsFourMan wrote: Apr 2nd, '24, 11:18 I finally got caught up in the Skyship debacle 2 Saturdays ago when we had that big snowstorm.

I took a late day run down GE to check it out down there and get some water in the lodge. Took about a 15-20 minute break then hopped back on the Skyship. Starting at about halfway up to Needle eye base, it stopped about 5 or 6 times for extended periods and when it was running it sounded really strained. The trip to the bottom of Needles took about 35-40 minutes. They were forcing everyone off at the bottom of Needles in a panic. I parked at bear that day and about an hour or so later when I was leaving, I saw about a 100 or so people waiting to be picked up down there by shuttle buses. What a sh*t show. I was lucky to have made it out of there without getting stranded down there in that mess.

For my inconvenience, I got a voucher for a discounted lift ticket as long as I went to a customer service desk within 24 hours.

That lift is in serious need of an overhaul like the K1 received a few years back. I can't believe how much this is happening and there is seemingly no plans to overhaul or replace it. Killington's list of pressing infrastructure needs is daunting, and Powder doesn't seem to be willing or able to keep up with it.
I emailed Mike Solimano about a number of things, including the state of the Skyeship Gondola, that I perceived as operational failures this season. Much to my surprise, I was shocked when he told me to go ski somewhere else...as he doesn't get complaints like this from most customers.
ImageImageImageImage
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Really he said "go ski somewhere else?"

That's "Really" as in surprised not sarcasm.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Apr 2nd, '24, 12:07 Really he said "go ski somewhere else?"

That's "Really" as in surprised not sarcasm.
Really. Blew me away.
ImageImageImageImage
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Can we see a screen shot of the email? I'm surprised any ski resort GM would address their customers like that.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

snoloco wrote: Apr 2nd, '24, 13:02 Can we see a screen shot of the email? I'm surprised any ski resort GM would address their customers like that.
email.jpg
email.jpg (125.51 KiB) Viewed 315 times
ImageImageImageImage
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Then he doubled down.
email2.jpg
email2.jpg (121.63 KiB) Viewed 311 times
ImageImageImageImage
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Then he stopped responding.
email3.jpg
email3.jpg (229.08 KiB) Viewed 307 times
ImageImageImageImage
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

To his credit, he did take the suggestion of bringing in mountain ops early for the last storm. Too little, too late for me.
ImageImageImageImage
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

I am surprised he responded the second time. You can't really expect him to get into a back and forth with you.

It's not that your original complaints were wrong, but they were kind of very generalized. For instance, you didn't actually specifically mention the Skyeship or ask what their plans were for it. And it's not like you just offered some criticism, and he said "go somewhere else". YOU said you were leaving, and he basically said if you are that unhappy maybe you should.

On the other hand, his remarks saying that your complaints are outliers, and he doesn't get negative feedback from anyone else, are pretty stupid. Mike's attitude toward criticism has increasingly become more condescending.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Apr 2nd, '24, 13:38 I am surprised he responded the second time. You can't really expect him to get into a back and forth with you.

It's not that your original complaints were wrong, but they were kind of very generalized. For instance, you didn't actually specifically mention the Skyeship or ask what their plans were for it. And it's not like you just offered some criticism, and he said "go somewhere else". YOU said you were leaving, and he basically said if you are that unhappy maybe you should.

On the other hand, his remarks saying that your complaints are outliers, and he doesn't get negative feedback from anyone else, are pretty stupid. Mike's attitude toward criticism has increasingly become more condescending.

I honestly didn't expect any response. Just felt he should know the disappointments are driving a very loyal customer away.
ImageImageImageImage
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

So you dump your girlfriend/quit your job/leave your resort and you expect her/them to beg you to take them back? That’s not how it works. It’s more like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=45X0_m1KYQM
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

rogman wrote: Apr 2nd, '24, 14:34 So you dump your girlfriend/quit your job/leave your resort and you expect her/them to beg you to take them back? That’s not how it works. It’s more like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=45X0_m1KYQM
I asked for nothing, just broke up and explained why.
It's not me, it's you...
ImageImageImageImage