tuesday 2/20 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 2/20 report

Post by skiadikt »

another perfect 10 bluebell day. cold temps at the bell which quickly moderated. seemed like a friday crowd. oodles of kids. good for the mtn, they deserve a break. did get crazy at times. on our only run to bear because of a full corral, we watched 2 groups unable to load the SPQ. 9-12:30 shift.

highline a smooth ride at the bell. snowdon mainline quite good. upper flush groomed and skied beautifully. flat & fast on downdraft - it's best groom of the season. enough w the appetizers, off to supe for the main course. did 5 laps. magnificent. bumpless early but bumped quickly. herb factor was an issue at times. HW was great. far & away rotd. old supe good bumps as did low road. mid ovation groomed. bitter & lark as they've been.

cruise a carpet. vertigo earned an encore. best you can say is thimble was doable. stash>dreammaker skied well. back at snowdon, conclusion - a mix of some good turns and some GETS.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Re: tuesday 2/20 report

Post by twilkas »

that old supe section, nearly always great, bumps with a beauty of a rhythm! had to hit mohawk again today, how many perfect bluebird mid-winter days will be left down here, quite nice with less wind. nice report skiadikt.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: tuesday 2/20 report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: The worms were gone ! Overall, one of the iciest days of the year from my seat in the house. Could partially be due to lack of a razor edge on my skis; my main squeeze is in the shop and I thought I only had a coupla ice carving days on the skis I took out today.

LEF OK. Then had to ski Rusty's left on Pipe Dream; could not hold an edge. Worse was the exit to Bear on Bear Cub where they had turned off some guns on the main flat section; they froze into place so every now and then you had a small, icy whale, with frozen in ski tracks, to ski on. Had to be brutal for beginners. Hope no one got hurt on it.

Stash -> Maker good and ROTD. Upper Stash woods not the best, but OK.

Supe: Figured it would be great early on. Not so later on. Middle section pretty good then more than you'd expect of sections of glare ice on the bottom, unless you skied on the ridge in the guns. However, I benefitted from the other day's K-Zone scoop and just went into the woods. Very nice in there. Upper Bitter was very icy. Lower was OK.

Cruise good. Vertigo, sans the headwall OK; first part was very icy. After the old Ice Cone entrance, OK and then better the rest of the way down with the recent grooming.

Late day Highline very good. Upper Bunny OK and same for Mouse Trap.

Not a great day for me. Gonna see how the Stratton ice is tomorrow !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!