Sat. 2/24 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

Sat. 2/24 report

Post by RustyK »

Out at 9 for a bluebird day. Groomers were in great shape.

BDFR a zoo but manageable. Lots of flat and fast with low winds.

Have to call cascade the rotd due to the snow guns. Highline a close second. Tried some woods, but it hurt my shin too much.

Other notable runs were the bear bar, sunrise cafe and the snowshed bar. Great pickle happy.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: Sat. 2/24 report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Another "better than expected" day on the hill as long as you were dressed for the cold. I think K did a great job getting the groomers in decent shape for one of the busier days of the year. At 11:00, Skyeship lot was full and starting to flow out onto the road. However, not that many cars parked along the access road as I would have expected. Bear lot close to full in the main lot.

Stash -> Maker one of the better runs of the day. Did it first and last.

Cruise Control in great shape and even better, I thought, was Needle's Eye.

Skipped our normal Pipe Dream / Breakaway on South Ridge; getting thin and didn't look like fun with the refreeze after the day before. Took the groomer down to the lift once.

ROTD: Cascade. Really nice snow coming from the guns until lower Spillway. However, parts of the lower pitch were lights out between the shade and the guns. Expect it was better earlier if the sun was still on it. Tough skiing with the viz and amount of peeps on it. LEF pretty good.

WROTD: North Star. Not benefitting from the recent groom; just icy all the way down. Great Bear was much better.

Highline good on the sides.

Fun Happy Hour at Baja Burrito. Seared tuna appetizer is great.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!