Sunday 2/25/24

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Sunday 2/25/24

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Guess no one else skied...

Started at snowshed as the Mrs. hasn't been on snow a bunch this year. Down into Needles did a cruise lap then back up Needles Chair and down to Route 4. Good grooms everywhere. Worked our way across the basin to Ramshead before lunch. Pretty good conditions except for Great bear which was unusually hard and apparently my skis need a sharpening as I couldn't get an edge. Lunch at the K1, Hey I'm on vacation, Mrs. was done so I headed up to Sup not a bad run, skis didn't seem as unsharp there. up Sup again and luckily I asked the dude I rode with if South Ridge was running, because it wasn't :dislike. I was going to get back to the Canyon via South ridge, so instead I did the shlep to the bubble. did downdraft and it had been groomed and was pretty good. Cascade Runs next, which was were the best snow was. a few laps there. Jerry factor was high!

Pretty good day. We'll see how things ski today as the temps warm.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
noknees
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Sunday 2/25/24

Post by noknees »

Started at Bear and upper Wildfire was a sheet of ice...bottom was groomed and skied well. Over to SS which was nice and dipped into the woods....and jumped back out as frozen was the theme. Big surprise was Ovation....all groomed except the headwall and did quite a few laps until Cascade was calling my name. Skiers right on Cascade was just amazing...all the way down. In the am, the pretty much empty with nice soft bumps. Quite a few laps there too. Great day with the sunshine and just skiing those two trails.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: A great day, especially if all you wanted to ski was flat and fast groomers [w/ exception of Cascade though I passed on it; saving it for midweek ! Full sun and perfect temps though very little in the way of spring softening.

Highline very good early [for me] as well as late. Upper Bunny good -> Mouse Trap excellent with the fan guns -> Lower Chute meh.

Down into the canyon via LEF [wife, good] and Royal Flush [left side perfect spring snow but cover is on life support; right side better cover and very firm].

Just had to do a Pipe Dream while it's still breathing. Very thin cover [better on right] and very little softening. Bottom flat part was quite slick. At least Bear Cub down to Bear was OK.

ROTD: Again, various combinations of the Stash, Dream Maker HW [technical, but decent], Skyeburst, and the DM park.

Skipped OL and Upper Wildfire. Cruise Control very good and Needle's Eye OK [very fast].

Supe OK but nothing special.

Upper Chute OK and Great Bear better. More Highlines to round out the day.

Fun Day.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Out at 11.. Needles BDFR skiergirls ROTD. Panic also nice.

Tried to get to the peak via south ridge, but no lift running? Geez.

Bear to bubble to north ridge. Dipper edgeable. Cascade again the ROTD for me. Nice big bumps with SNOW on them!
KSC was rippin it up there.

Highline right side nice. Another boring groomer day, but the weather was perfect.
Where is Happy Hour ?