monday 2/26 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

monday 2/26 report

Post by skiadikt »

didn't have the highest expectations coming in but a really fine ski day. full on sunshine, warm temps and another inch and change of snow. lots of softening. great to get our mtn back. rather light turnout. 9-1 shift.

at the bell, highline benefited from that new snow. very smooth ride. over to a groomed mid/lower ovation. earned a triple play and when it's that good, it's rotd. supe was probably the worst trail we skied. HW good but the rest, at least the ridge was rather firm. maybe it softened later.

bear runs all skied well. similar to friday. that new snow hung around as things softened. big surprise was OL. the bumps were softening nicely even at 10:30. note to snoloco - that's why they didn't groom it. upper WF ok but still rather firm but lower was ripe. dream HW soft but many more rocks showing. needles runs good.

in the canyon, cascade big soft nonsensical bumps & whales. double play. along w OL, runner up. gonna be a great spring in the canyon as cascade, downdraft and dipper are all loaded. groomed ridge run good. upper lower flush perfect corn. bailed at racers. return to highline after kms was excellent. conclusion hadn't softened all that much. finished on chute/great bear. slick spots on GB easy to work around. should be a pretty good afternoon.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
ski
Wanted Poster

Re: monday 2/26 report

Post by ski »

ZZZZZZZZZ
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Not completely a regurgitation of the SA report above, butt:

afternoon report: didn't have the highest expectations coming in but a really fine ski day. full on sunshine until late in the day, warm temps and another inch and change of snow. good bit of softening on south and west facing trails. great to get our mtn back. rather light turnout. 1-4:20 shift.

at the afternoon opening bell, lef into the canyon very good. followed that up with cascade that was great w/o the guns on and great viz. better than doing it the other day with guns on, herbs out, and full shade.

heard lower o was good so middle o [pretty flat and fast] -> lower o; pretty darn good left side, but was in the shade as well as nothing spectacular. butt not icy ! not sure how the middle was [and know the ungoomed right was "technical"].

onto our recent fave stash -> dream maker park. excellent, especially with the springlike conditions down low and worth a repeat. followed by o.l. that was early rotd for me; nice having it all to myself in the sun. then, just had to get my ticket punched on the skye peak liftline: upper wildfire better than it's been in a while and the liftline was terrible at the "ledge". but, got past that and glad I did it.

thimble much improved over recent times -> stitchline, both with some decent remnants of the nor'incher in play; new rotd at the time. interesting that upper stitch was better than lower [a bit more fresh snow on it and lower really softened up the other day]. needle's eye fine as well.

supe [old supe -> Supe proper] was probably the worst trail I skied. old supe was just firm and fast, mid supe pretty good, and the pitch pretty good far right. didn't really soften later. not bad mind you, just wrotd !

mouse run -> highline great though just starting to set up. then, ROTD low rider. hadn't seen much traffic so most turns were in the dabble of new snow along with a tad of softening, especially second half. good all the way down to the exit below north star. glad to be back on that horse.

closing bell run on conclusion showed it hadn't softened all that much. wife liked chute/great bear.

was a pretty good afternoon.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Started at Sup and did Ovation 1st thing. Good groom.

Saw all you locals on highline and thought I could get to bubble and highline before KMs shut down. I was wrong. Mouse trap>Chute not bad

Thought I'd check out Northstar with the 1" and was not disappointed, 1st tracks. Firm underneath but soft on top. Took bubble and did Vagabond. Equally as good. At the bottom my tracks were stil only ones on Northstar. Went back for 2nds and was happy. Went up to north ridge and took east fall to canyon. Double Dipper was good, Downdraft not as good as Sunday. Escapade to Cascade was good. Next lap Cascade t2b. Best turns today and yestersay. Decided to check out bear, figuring it was soft claw>fire was good. Skyeburst was straight up soft at the bottom. Decide on OL amd wasn't dissapointed. Went back up and after a stash run went over to vertigo. Firm and a disappointment. Went back to sup and did Hawk>Larke. Sup, then another Ovation. It wasnt as good as first thing. Hawk>Larke>High road to end the day.

I wish the trees were in play maybe tomorrow.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Nice to see your reports jimmywilson;). Hope you are enjoying your stay in the area!
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Feb 26th, '24, 22:02 Started at Sup and did Ovation 1st thing. Good groom.

Saw all you locals on highline and thought I could get to bubble and highline before KMs shut down. I was wrong. Mouse trap>Chute not bad

Thought I'd check out Northstar with the 1" and was not disappointed, 1st tracks. Firm underneath but soft on top. Took bubble and did Vagabond. Equally as good. At the bottom my tracks were stil only ones on Northstar. Went back for 2nds and was happy. Went up to north ridge and took east fall to canyon. Double Dipper was good, Downdraft not as good as Sunday. Escapade to Cascade was good. Next lap Cascade t2b. Best turns today and yestersay. Decided to check out bear, figuring it was soft claw>fire was good. Skyeburst was straight up soft at the bottom. Decide on OL amd wasn't dissapointed. Went back up and after a stash run went over to vertigo. Firm and a disappointment. Went back to sup and did Hawk>Larke. Sup, then another Ovation. It wasnt as good as first thing. Hawk>Larke>High road to end the day.

I wish the trees were in play maybe tomorrow.
the snow will probably be the wrong temperature and sticky.

ROTD yesterday was breakaway, dreamy spring snow. OL was a close second although i prefer the bumps bigger. the stashmaker was great, minus the idiots sightseeing between jumps and mad??? that i went past them with speed because im actually hitting said jumps?!!?! like if you cant ride park and want to sight see, do it responsibly and dont be mad when theres some passing you with speed actually riding park. and stay the f*** out of jump landings unless you would like to be landed on!!
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Yes , jimmywilson hope you and the wife are enjoying yourselves and staying at one of the Beautiful motels in downtown Rutland, it’s a city but a small one because it’s in Vermont
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

I'm staying at a Condo that hopefully used to be an affordable long term rental
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Feb 28th, '24, 07:46 I'm staying at a Condo that hopefully used to be an affordable long term rental
How long are you here - maybe do a KZone HH!