No more Fridays in may

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

daytripper
Wanted Poster

No more Fridays in may

Post by daytripper »

Heard the rumors and called Killington guest services. They confirmed that May 3rd will be the last Friday of the season. Only sat/sun from then except for memorial Monday. Wow!
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: No more Fridays in may

Post by daytripper »

I wonder if they are telling everybody buying a spring pass this? Maybe if they get enough negative feedback on this they will reverse it.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

daytripper wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 11:27 I wonder if they are telling everybody buying a spring pass this? Maybe if they get enough negative feedback on this they will reverse it.
It is seriously f*** up.

As I said in the other thread, even the Killington apologists amongst us will have a hard time defending this.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

And they aren't. They are just saying something to the effect of "why are you spouting rumors you haven't confirmed". Well we have confirmation now.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

snoloco wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 11:38 And they aren't. They are just saying something to the effect of "why are you spouting rumors you haven't confirmed". Well we have confirmation now.
We do indeed. And apparently this is the way K management wants the public to find out about a MAJOR change from traditional operational scheduling. KZone and social media.

Count me on board the Snoloco train. You were right all along about this place.
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

daytripper wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 11:27 I wonder if they are telling everybody buying a spring pass this? Maybe if they get enough negative feedback on this they will reverse it.
If there is a huge blow up, and If they do reverse the decision, it will go something like this:

Fridays will miraculously appear on the website. (Kind of like new ropes and signage)

Mike will come on here and condescendingly tell us there was never a plan to close Fridays.

They will throw a guest services agent under the bus.
2024 - Killington lied.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 12:17
If there is a huge blow up, and If they do reverse the decision, it will go something like this:

Fridays will miraculously appear on the website. (Kind of like new ropes and signage)

Mike will come on here and condescendingly tell us there was never a plan to close Fridays.

Probably some free stickers too . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 12:17

A reversal would be reminiscent of the end of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation; something that looked good on paper but forgetting all about the people it affects.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

I guess that is why they are offering the midweek passholders a $199 spring pass.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Big Bob wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 13:12 I guess that is why they are offering the midweek passholders a $199 spring pass.
That offering is not new.
2024 - Killington lied.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

If the weather doesn’t change then it’s not going to matter.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Atomic1 wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 16:05 If the weather doesn’t change then it’s not going to matter.
Simultaneously true and beside the point.
2024 - Killington lied.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

So now Fridays lift tickets are back up for purchase in May. Interesting. That was a fast change since around noon they were not and guest services confirmed it.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

daytripper wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 17:07 So now Fridays lift tickets are back up for purchase in May. Interesting. That was a fast change since around noon they were not and guest services confirmed it.
This is hilarious.
2024 - Killington lied.
Grmmtnhkr34
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

Sounds like k zone was heard!