NewsFlash: 144 arrested in Tenn cockfight. How funny

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

subdude
Black Carver

NewsFlash: 144 arrested in Tenn cockfight. How funny

Post by subdude »

The largest cockfight in the history of the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/13/cockfi ... index.html
W.F.O
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Okay, so it's really not nice to let a bunch of birds kill each other, but doesn't the Tennessee State Police have anything better to do with their time?

Several SWAT teams, helicopters and dozens of state troopers participated in the raid Saturday on the sprawling Del Rio Cockfight Pit. They seized about $40,000 in cash and killed more than 300 roosters.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

subdude
Black Carver

Post by subdude »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Okay, so it's really not nice to let a bunch of birds kill each other, but doesn't the Tennessee State Police have anything better to do with their time?

Several SWAT teams, helicopters and dozens of state troopers participated in the raid Saturday on the sprawling Del Rio Cockfight Pit. They seized about $40,000 in cash and killed more than 300 roosters.
In Tennessee? Between the cockfights and the moonshine running I guess not.
W.F.O
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Okay, so it's really not nice to let a bunch of birds kill each other, but doesn't the Tennessee State Police have anything better to do with their time?

Let me get this straight, to stop people from killing birds they swoop down with an army and kill 300 roosters, am I the only one that sees the irony in this?
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

shortski wrote:

Let me get this straight, to stop people from killing birds they swoop down with an army and kill 300 roosters, am I the only one that sees the irony in this?
They were trying to prevent birds killing birds, not people killing birds. It's illegal for birds to kill birds in Tennessee you know... :roll:
ImageImageImageImage