March Scan-A-Thon

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

March Scan-A-Thon

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

Anyone receive an email yet regarding progress? They said you’d receive an email for each milestone you hit. I hit the 3rd milestone today and no email yet. Just curious. Gotta get me that Yeti.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: March Scan-A-Thon

Post by daytripper »

I got the email today
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Musta missed the announcement email. Anyone got the deets?
ImageImageImageImage
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

Stormchaser wrote: Mar 5th, '24, 17:01 Musta missed the announcement email. Anyone got the deets?
MARCH SCAN-A-THON

Calling all Killington, Pico and Ikon Pass holders! Join us this March and Scan to Win. With the perfect combination of sun and snow, March is the ideal month to ski and ride, and as an added bonus this year, you’ll score prizes just for using your season pass at Killington and Pico. Take advantage of smaller crowds, softer snow and experience all of winter’s thrills with a hint of springtime joy!

SHRED TO WIN!

SCAN 2 DAYS

Free Summer 2024 Gondola Ride Voucher.

SCAN 3 DAYS

$49 lift ticket voucher valid for use April 2, 2024 to end of the 2023/24 season.

SCAN 5 DAYS

Free Midweek Mountain Bike lift ticket voucher for summer 2024.

PERFECT ATTENDANCE

A Killington or Pico YETI drinkware item of your choice (up to $50 value).
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Only got 1 email for the family though we all have 2 Scans.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Trying to push the skier visit numbers. Begs the question “why?” Note that many of the costs of this promo are pushed out past the end of this season. Curious promotion, since Killington doesn’t even publish skier visits.
Last edited by rogman on Mar 6th, '24, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

rogman wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 17:49 Trying to push the skier visit numbers. Begs the question “why?”
yeah, I wonder if this generates legit visits that could generate revenue or just locals who drop in for a scan.
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

Pedro wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 17:58
rogman wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 17:49 Trying to push the skier visit numbers. Begs the question “why?”
yeah, I wonder if this generates legit visits that could generate revenue or just locals who drop in for a scan.
It simply generates “skier visits”. The more skier visits, the greater the value at which they can sell. All of Solimano’s good will is gone. He is a pawn. His POWDR overlords rule.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

is this for passholders only? or is it anyone who scans? email reposted above says passholders. If its only passholders how would it drive business to the mountain?
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

skibikeclimbguy wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 21:44
It simply generates “skier visits”. The more skier visits, the greater the value at which they can sell. All of Solimano’s good will is gone. He is a pawn. His POWDR overlords rule.
No, they need a higher EBITA. An increase in skier visits without an increase in revenue lowers that number and reduces the company's value.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Pedro wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 11:27
No, they need a higher EBITA. An increase in skier visits without an increase in revenue lowers that number and reduces the company's value.
Wouldn’t it lower revenue per skier visit without necessarily affecting earnings one way or the other?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Bubba wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 12:48
Pedro wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 11:27
Wouldn’t it lower revenue per skier visit without necessarily affecting earnings one way or the other?
I was thinking it would depend if the skiers they are targeting head to the K1 Bar
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Adding skier visits from existing Killington pass holders doesn’t increase revenue unless they spend money at F&B or elsewhere. Nobody I know is doing that unless they’re getting the employee discount. Since Killington doesn’t release skier visits publicly, it’s reasonable to assume there’s another reason. One assumption is they wish/need to show steady growth in visits, either because a sale is planned or imminent, or because of a need to satisfy skittish investors. I don’t know. I don’t believe John Cumming is the sole owner of POWDR, but again, I don’t know. It’s also possible that POWDR has decided to go public with visits, and want the numbers to look good. Of course, that leads to speculation as to why they would start releasing the numbers now? What’s clear is that POWDR is opaque, and that invites speculation as to their vision and intent. Now, that may be what the investors prefer, but it is still a bad strategy. Just trying to read the tea leaves from my morning coffee in Alaska.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

rogman wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 13:49 Nobody I know is doing that unless they’re getting the employee discount.
Though its nice when someone drops a pass, plenty of people are paying full prices for F&B, including some of the people you know.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Aren't summer gondola rides already included with a season pass?