Parking Violation Stickers

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

winter
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Parking Violation Stickers

Post by winter »

The overwhelming crowds and seas of people bursting through the parking lot on the powder filled day...

Oh wait, it's r*ining on a midweek dumpster fire of a ski day and you had to park in the wrong place when you could've parked within what 3 bays of any lodge that was open to walk in your presumably weather resistant clothes in a sport that requires physical activity and Killington was in the wrong for enforcing rules?

"Entitlement Department is calling..."

What's even more incredible is that by your own admission this didn't even affect you! It's not even your car!
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

hillbangin wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 14:29 I'm all for it - If you've ever been blocked in you'd be for it too.
Car that is doing the blocking should be towed, no warnings. that is totally being an a** hole!
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

winter wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 16:00 The overwhelming crowds and seas of people bursting through the parking lot on the powder filled day...

Oh wait, it's r*ining on a midweek dumpster fire of a ski day and you had to park in the wrong place when you could've parked within what 3 bays of any lodge that was open to walk in your presumably weather resistant clothes in a sport that requires physical activity and Killington was in the wrong for enforcing rules?

"Entitlement Department is calling..."

What's even more incredible is that by your own admission this didn't even affect you! It's not even your car!
Love this . . Seasons metaphor . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Back in the day I used to poach the Soob Row, but patrol never caught me.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

There are so many parking atrocities that occur at Killington on a weekly basis that this sticker seems like a benevolent mercy.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

skibikeclimbguy wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 12:27 Lame as f***. Threatening to tow paying customer vehicles? On a rainy Wednesday?

:violin
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

daytripper wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 14:07 Nope, 7 days a week.
Since there's no one directing parking on weekdays, I always assumes the Subaru thing was only in effect on weekends. I've never tested it though. Even though the person who got the sticker was in violation of the official rules, this seems like an overreaction to me. It would be like if they pulled passes for skiing a closed trail when patrol forgot to put the rope up.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

hillbangin wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 14:29 I'm all for it - If you've ever been blocked in you'd be for it too.
At what point was the 'offender' blocking anybody in? that wasn't mentioned. for a place that can't even keep key lifts running, seems
a bizarre sudden bit of enforcement. for a slow rainy wed no less.
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

The whole story:

Threatening to tow paying customer’s vehicles and defacing them with a sticker? Absolutely classless. Terrible look Killington Resort and Mike Solimano. To be clear, not my car and I didn’t park there. It’s far from clearly marked as a prohibited area. It’s not a prohibited area. It was simply a section for Subaru’s at Ramshead. And if you don’t know about it, you could easily miss the sign. In addition, it is one sign for each side of the lot. It does not denote how many spaces or where. It is not clear.

Hahaha. Everyone who has posted couldn’t be more wrong about me or why I posted. I did not park in the Subaru parking. A sticker was not put on my window.

Not a single person knows why I posted this but I’m going to let you know.

I saw one of these stickers on a car I know. The car belongs to a super sweet, long time Killington local. An 80 year old with a handicap placard. She helps out in Killington daycare. She parked there because it was safer than the closer handicap parking.

Everyone who said I was entitled? You’re the entitled ones. I posted this on behalf of someone I care about. She can’t simply take the sticker off. An 80yo woman doesn’t just have goo off or WD40 on hand. She was there helping local children.

So yeah. I stand by what I said. It is CLASSLESS to do this. She broke no laws. She did not park in a prohibited area. It was a rainy Wednesday with an absolutely empty parking lot. So get off your high horses.

And yes, I personally called out Solimano because this is a low class shitty move. That poor woman is helping the community and had her property defaced by an increasingly awful corporation.

In addition, some of those vehicles that got stickers were volunteering for the local elementary school skiing program.

As well, some of these cars were likely visitors who have no clue about Subaru VIP parking and didn’t see the sign that doesn’t state that all four rows of parking are for entitled Subaru owners.

I 100% stand by my statement that this was a classless move.

These awful decisions start at the top and Mike Solimano is at the top.

DO BETTER Killington. Do better Mike.
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

And good luck if your car gets towed.

https://www.timesargus.com/news/local/f ... 6a4d4.html
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

skibikeclimbguy wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 21:38 The whole story:

Threatening to tow paying customer’s vehicles and defacing them with a sticker? Absolutely classless. Terrible look Killington Resort and Mike Solimano. To be clear, not my car and I didn’t park there. It’s far from clearly marked as a prohibited area. It’s not a prohibited area. It was simply a section for Subaru’s at Ramshead. And if you don’t know about it, you could easily miss the sign. In addition, it is one sign for each side of the lot. It does not denote how many spaces or where. It is not clear.

Hahaha. Everyone who has posted couldn’t be more wrong about me or why I posted. I did not park in the Subaru parking. A sticker was not put on my window.

Not a single person knows why I posted this but I’m going to let you know.

I saw one of these stickers on a car I know. The car belongs to a super sweet, long time Killington local. An 80 year old with a handicap placard. She helps out in Killington daycare. She parked there because it was safer than the closer handicap parking.

Everyone who said I was entitled? You’re the entitled ones. I posted this on behalf of someone I care about. She can’t simply take the sticker off. An 80yo woman doesn’t just have goo off or WD40 on hand. She was there helping local children.

So yeah. I stand by what I said. It is CLASSLESS to do this. She broke no laws. She did not park in a prohibited area. It was a rainy Wednesday with an absolutely empty parking lot. So get off your high horses.

And yes, I personally called out Solimano because this is a low class shitty move. That poor woman is helping the community and had her property defaced by an increasingly awful corporation.

In addition, some of those vehicles that got stickers were volunteering for the local elementary school skiing program.

As well, some of these cars were likely visitors who have no clue about Subaru VIP parking and didn’t see the sign that doesn’t state that all four rows of parking are for entitled Subaru owners.

I 100% stand by my statement that this was a classless move.

These awful decisions start at the top and Mike Solimano is at the top.

DO BETTER Killington. Do better Mike.
Seriously…. “Defacing”?..here; you parked…..on private property….in violation that THEY get to decide. Grow a freakin set. Be thankful you actually didn’t get hauled $180 worth down to Killington Auto. You had it coming. Freakin whiny long-winded crybaby…
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Pretty sure Subaru pays Killington to reserve those parking spots for Subaru owners as a marketing tool. It'd surprise me if the contract there didn't require Killington to enforce that parking reservation. Not sure why that makes Subaru owners entitled.

It would have been within Killington's rights to tow the car without a warning. Providing a warning actually seems very classy by comparison.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Charge K with discrimination LOL! If one brand of vehicle can park there, then any brand should be able to. The entitlement factor in today's society is totally out of control.

Utilize parking attendants better. If you can afford to pay some jackass to paste stickers everywhere, then you can afford to hire parking attendants to do their job properly.

Vinyl cling stickers would probably be better received. Pretty sure defacing someones vehicle with adhesive would fall under "vandalism" if the issue was pushed.

There are definitely better solutions to the problem. Especially keeping the the handicap spots better taken care of for the 80 year old volunteer ladies. We are all going to be old someday. It also wouldn't hurt for K to take care of their "Volunteers" at the initial orientation of said programs as to what the current parking practices are, and if any of the volunteers need any special accommodations.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

ME2VTSkier wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 08:02 Charge K with discrimination LOL! If one brand of vehicle can park there, then any brand should be able to. The entitlement factor in today's society is totally out of control.

Utilize parking attendants better. If you can afford to pay some jackass to paste stickers everywhere, ...
This looks worse every time I read it.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

ME2VTSkier wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 08:02 Charge K with discrimination LOL! If one brand of vehicle can park there, then any brand should be able to. The entitlement factor in today's society is totally out of control.

Utilize parking attendants better. If you can afford to pay some jackass to paste stickers everywhere, then you can afford to hire parking attendants to do their job properly.

Vinyl cling stickers would probably be better received. Pretty sure defacing someones vehicle with adhesive would fall under "vandalism" if the issue was pushed.

There are definitely better solutions to the problem. Especially keeping the the handicap spots better taken care of for the 80 year old volunteer ladies. We are all going to be old someday. It also wouldn't hurt for K to take care of their "Volunteers" at the initial orientation of said programs as to what the current parking practices are, and if any of the volunteers need any special accommodations.
for the record, subaru is one of the killington's biggest sponsors. they are all over the place. the conditions report is driven by subaru. there are new model cars displayed in the lots and of course they sponsor an entire weekend - the subaru fest, so yeah part of their deal is a row of dedicated parking at ramshead.

parking (mostly at K1) is out of control (there are attendants on peak days). there have been many complaints lodged and many of us affected. the mtn took action. an action that was overdue and many applauded.

feel bad if indeed it was an 80 yo handicapped woman. i'm sure the attendant didn't target her. she was in the wrong spot, so she got hit. and yeah it should be easier to remove the sticker. don't park at rams so don't know the signage or the condition of the handicap spots (which are nearer). nonetheless if she has been doing this a while as said, she should know.
spoiled South American skiin' whore