Parking Violation Stickers

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Re: Parking Violation Stickers

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

So now it…. SkibikeclimbguyWHINES. Yup .
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

They do not want you parking in the spots their sponsors have reserved for their customers. Now she knows, and now I know, and I won't poach those spaces.

It's easy to learn from other people's mistakes, and for this, I thank you.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Certainly this sort of thing is never a good look, however the woman (who is an employee) is not a victim. She knew better, she took a risk. It’s the old F around and find out. Killington has a contract with Subaru, if they don’t hold up their end of the bargain, they’re in breach. Spare me the violins.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

rogman wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 12:12 Certainly this sort of thing is never a good look, however the woman (who is an employee) is not a victim. She knew better, she took a risk. It’s the old F around and find out. Killington has a contract with Subaru, if they don’t hold up their end of the bargain, they’re in breach. Spare me the violins.
Agreed. And this post was disingenuous from the beginning.

Parking stickers aside, I'm surprised we haven't seen more backlash here regarding that Subaru section in general. Maybe cause it's just at Rams. It may not be as high as the FastPassGas lane on the lameness meter (nothing is), but it's up there.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 12:27
Parking stickers aside, I'm surprised we haven't seen more backlash here regarding that Subaru section in general. Maybe cause it's just at Rams. It may not be as high as the FastPassGas lane on the lameness meter (nothing is), but it's up there.
Well, as a proud Subi driver, I think the Subaru section is wonderful. Wouldn't change a thing . .unless they throw in a few Bay 1 spots :D :D
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Wow: Seems like a bit of over reaction to me:

- Threatening to tow paying customer’s vehicles and defacing them with a sticker? Where is the threat? Seems like K gave a break here and a polite, but firm, notice that next time you will be towed. Re: Defacing; sounds strong but I don't excactly know what effort is needed to remove the sticker. With that said, I can imagine if K just left it under the wiper, and then a repeat offender gets towed, they could claim there was never a "notice" on their car.

- The car belongs to a super sweet, long time Killington local. Then, you'd think they should be courteous to parking rules.

- An 80 year old with a handicap placard. She parked there because it was safer than the closer handicap parking. Safer? Come on now. Also, we all have to respect, and live with, numerous Handicap parking places whereever we go; and now you're telling me it's OK for someone with a HC card to just park wherever they want.

- She helps out in Killington daycare. OK, what's that have to do with it.

It was a rainy Wednesday with an absolutely empty parking lot. So, on rainy, non busy days is is OK for me to park in Handicapped parking spaces?

In addition, some of those vehicles that got stickers were volunteering for the local elementary school skiing program.
So what. They are just lazy.

As well, some of these cars were likely visitors who have no clue about Subaru VIP parking and didn’t see the sign that doesn’t state that all four rows of parking are for entitled Subaru owners. OK, butt they didn't get towed and got a polite notice to not do it again.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 12:27
rogman wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 12:12 Certainly this sort of thing is never a good look, however the woman (who is an employee) is not a victim. She knew better, she took a risk. It’s the old F around and find out. Killington has a contract with Subaru, if they don’t hold up their end of the bargain, they’re in breach. Spare me the violins.
Agreed. And this post was disingenuous from the beginning.

I'll bet a lot of peeps like the season long free skiing they are getting from that wide open Fast Pass lane [doesn't even have arms] at the Bubble chair !

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Big Bob wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 16:17
hillbangin wrote: Mar 6th, '24, 14:29 I'm all for it - If you've ever been blocked in you'd be for it too.
Car that is doing the blocking should be towed, no warnings. that is totally being an a** hole!
The tow truck was 3 cars away when the D bag showed up. He did have a pretty good dent in a fender when he left. Ski boots are pretty handy for that stuff................Triple parked at Snowshed - no parking supervision from the mountain. :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

FWIW - I took a lap through the Rams Head parking lot yesterday [Thursday] afternoon. Another relatively non busy day.

Heading towards the lift, on the left was a single row of Subaru parking [looks like they coulda double rowed butt thats what I saw] and on the right was a double row. Total of 28 cars with 21 of them Subarus and 7 non-Subaru.

On the left, the closest row to the lodge is the Handicap parking. I can't see how it's any less safe than either of the Subaru parking rows but is a bit further away than the right side Subaru parking.

biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

If you see a car every Wednesday with a Handicap placard when the school program is going on wouldn't you enquire if it was a volunteer and ask them to move the car, due to the sponsorship arrangement or ask the program to send out an email to the volunteers? Not sure if this was done, but in my opinion, it would be more politically correct and cause less hard feelings. It is very generous of all of these people to donate their time to the local community which Killington should appreciate.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

So there’s temporary parking, and there’s handicap parking, there’s Subaru parking, and there’s parking for the rest of us. Clearly there needs to be a fifth category: parking for people with a really good excuse. It could be managed by a three judge panel in robes and wigs that decide if you’re worthy of entrance into this “really good excuse” section.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

This should clear up any parking issues
IMG_4757.jpeg
IMG_4757.jpeg (339.56 KiB) Viewed 496 times
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

biged wrote: Mar 11th, '24, 16:50 If you see a car every Wednesday with a Handicap placard when the school program is going on wouldn't you enquire if it was a volunteer and ask them to move the car, due to the sponsorship arrangement or ask the program to send out an email to the volunteers? Not sure if this was done, but in my opinion, it would be more politically correct and cause less hard feelings. It is very generous of all of these people to donate their time to the local community which Killington should appreciate.

Locals busting locals

I bet Mike Solimano was hiding in a snow bank with binoculars waiting to catch her.....not on my watch bitch!!!!
winter
Blue Chatterbox

Post by winter »

rogman wrote: Mar 11th, '24, 19:37 So there’s temporary parking, and there’s handicap parking, there’s Subaru parking, and there’s parking for the rest of us. Clearly there needs to be a fifth category: parking for people with a really good excuse. It could be managed by a three judge panel in robes and wigs that decide if you’re worthy of entrance into this “really good excuse” section.
Tremendous.
Whistler9
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Whistler9 »

But my car identifies as a Subaru......