IKON not wait for you to go home

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

IKON not wait for you to go home

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

I do not welcome our IKON overlords. Not sure how soon the announcement will be but it’s coming.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: IKON not wait for you to go home

Post by easyrider16 »

What makes you say this? It would surprise me if Alterra made another big acquisition after just purchasing A-Basin and all the capital improvements they are doing. I also think it would be weird for Powdr to sell K before completing the village, which has just started and could enhance the value of the resort quite a bit. Also, in this interview with the CEO of Alterra he indicates they don't have any additional deals that are imminent.

https://www.stormskiing.com/p/alterra-c ... 3b-not-new
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Interesting enough - A-Basin has announced that there will be some form an A-Basin only pass for next year. Seems like they're not getting added to the Full Ikon.

https://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/2024 ... asses.html
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

I saw that but took it as next year there would be an A-Basin only pass because the deal hasn't closed yet.

I could be wrong...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 08:56 I saw that but took it as next year there would be an A-Basin only pass because the deal hasn't closed yet.

I could be wrong...

I don't know that they are mutually exclusive. Some resorts have both. I skied at June Mountain this winter and the mountain pass product there includes an IKON June Only pass... My nephews picked up their free IKON June Only pass while we were there skiing. I skied it on my IKON base pass which is unlimited.
ImageImageImageImage
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Some resorts that are unlimited on Ikon also have a cheaper resort specific pass. Definitely not mutually exclusive at all.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 07:02 What makes you say this? It would surprise me if Alterra made another big acquisition after just purchasing A-Basin and all the capital improvements they are doing. I also think it would be weird for Powdr to sell K before completing the village, which has just started and could enhance the value of the resort quite a bit. Also, in this interview with the CEO of Alterra he indicates they don't have any additional deals that are imminent.

TLDR: Reporter admits he got it wrong. The 3 billion was to pay off the Alterra investors that want out now. Some investors are continuing their stake including the Crown family. No imminent deals except the ones already announced.

So apparently Killington is being bought by Vail instead. :roll: :D
Mistergiff
Black Carver

Post by Mistergiff »

rogman wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 11:23
easyrider16 wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 07:02 What makes you say this? It would surprise me if Alterra made another big acquisition after just purchasing A-Basin and all the capital improvements they are doing. I also think it would be weird for Powdr to sell K before completing the village, which has just started and could enhance the value of the resort quite a bit. Also, in this interview with the CEO of Alterra he indicates they don't have any additional deals that are imminent.

TLDR: Reporter admits he got it wrong. The 3 billion was to pay off the Alterra investors that want out now. Some investors are continuing their stake including the Crown family. No imminent deals except the ones already announced.

LOL, chances Powdr sells anything to Vail have got to be near zero. Have to imagine there's still ill will there after the Park City / Talisker debacle.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Who would want to buy a ski area in the east after the weather we have been having the last few years unless they are let go at firesale prices.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

When it comes to upgrading on hill infrastructure, K could do worse than being bought by Vail. It could continue to be owned by Powdr.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 12:40

When it comes to upgrading on hill infrastructure, K could do worse than being bought by Vail. It could continue to be owned by Powdr.
Gee…remember when we couldn’t wait for ASC to sell because they were bankrupt and hadn’t invested anything in years? Now you’re complaining about Powdr’s lack of spending after a new bubble, a new Skye Peak quad, a “new” South Ridge chair and new K-1 and Peak Lodges. Yes, more is needed, but you can’t say they haven’t made significant investment.

Carry on… :beat
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Bubba wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 12:58

Gee…remember when we couldn’t wait for ASC to sell because they were bankrupt and hadn’t invested anything in years? Now you’re complaining about Powdr’s lack of spending after a new bubble, a new Skye Peak quad, a “new” South Ridge chair and new K-1 and Peak Lodges. Yes, more is needed, but you can’t say they haven’t made significant investment.

Bubba, we will be coming up on 20 years soon. The improvements you just named are not really a lot over that much time. Especially considering how many upgrades are needed. It is a slow rate. I could easily name a dozen mountains that have done significantly more lift/snowmaking upgrades in that time than K.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 13:08
Bubba wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 12:58

Bubba, we will be coming up on 20 years soon. The improvements you just named are not really a lot over that much time. Especially considering how many upgrades are needed. It is a slow rate. I could easily name a dozen mountains that have done significantly more lift/snowmaking upgrades in that time than K.
Agreed, although we have to cut them a little slack for Irene and recent storm damage and repairs. They also get a little slack on how village development delays (out of their control) have impacted their lift plans. Still, there was a lot that could’ve been done with more capital investment that hasn’t been done. I give them a C so far. Better than mulch but nowhere near what’s really needed.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

My Storm Troopers are coming for you!

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Stormchaser wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 09:00
jimmywilson69 wrote: Mar 7th, '24, 08:56 I saw that but took it as next year there would be an A-Basin only pass because the deal hasn't closed yet.

I could be wrong...

I don't know that they are mutually exclusive. Some resorts have both. I skied at June Mountain this winter and the mountain pass product there includes an IKON June Only pass... My nephews picked up their free IKON June Only pass while we were there skiing. I skied it on my IKON base pass which is unlimited.
Some have both - and Aspen is not unlimited Ikon - all kinds of flavors.