SNOWSTORM SAT-SUN- Last Chance to Dance!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

GSKI
Powderhound

SNOWSTORM SAT-SUN- Last Chance to Dance!

Post by GSKI »

Lookee goody!
GSKI
Powderhound

Re: SNOWSTORM SAT-SUN- Last Chance to Dance!

Post by GSKI »

16-24” possible in central and northern VT
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Just started snowing, probably around a foot at K.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

daytripper wrote: Mar 9th, '24, 16:24 Just started snowing, probably around a foot at K.
radar showing precip already, could be snow at upper elevations. have to think you meant 'predicted' for a foot.and it could even be more - a heavy wet snow would be perfect for longevity.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

twilkas wrote: Mar 9th, '24, 18:56
daytripper wrote: Mar 9th, '24, 16:24 Just started snowing, probably around a foot at K.
radar showing precip already, could be snow at upper elevations. have to think you meant 'predicted' for a foot.and it could even be more - a heavy wet snow would be perfect for longevity.
It started as snow here at about 1750 ft round 5.
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Hey guys just thinking we should do a meet and greet this spring, everyone on here has a lot to say , let’s meet up this spring and talk in person , I’m thinking at the angler in Rutland. Any thoughts ? And if any of my grammar or spelling was wrong I apologize
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

made a good call daytripper, pouring r*in in nw-ct.
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Yes daytripper , are you up for the meet and greet ?
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Yes daytripper , mr moose , Pedro , Haywood , jimmy Wilson , Finn , Rodman , hill banging and the rest of you knuckleheads oh yea bubba and mr moose let’s meet up the angler in Rutland you pick the night
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Just shoveled 9 1/4" of damp aerated cement off the deck. It's 35 degrees and the 3,500' forecast is running a good 5 degrees warmer than it was showing last night.

The mountain's 6 am report is only 8 inches, so that likely will get updated. But I am in no hurry to steer through this heavy snow. Maybe if I had a pair of 130mm skis. It will be lots more fun compacted than fresh. It groans as you press it in your hand. It forms like modeling clay. Hopefully a little drier up higher. Great base snow for what little dry snow we get on the back side. That will be the fun stuff.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Bayfive wrote: Mar 9th, '24, 22:55 Yes daytripper , are you up for the meet and greet ?
Sure, BMMC is around the corner, come meet us at the kzone campsite. After that u can meet a lot of us at bay 1 in April and on the access road in May.
Grmmtnhkr34
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

A foot of snow at okemo.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Mar 10th, '24, 06:15 Just shoveled 9 1/4" of damp aerated cement off the deck. It's 35 degrees and the 3,500' forecast is running a good 5 degrees warmer than it was showing last night.

The mountain's 6 am report is only 8 inches, so that likely will get updated. But I am in no hurry to steer through this heavy snow. Maybe if I had a pair of 130mm skis. It will be lots more fun compacted than fresh. It groans as you press it in your hand. It forms like modeling clay. Hopefully a little drier up higher. Great base snow for what little dry snow we get on the back side. That will be the fun stuff.
From what I’ve got over here, aeration is minimal at best. Some of the heaviest cement I’ve seen. My neighbor tried skinning Pico. He rated it D for difficult.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Mister Moose wrote: Mar 10th, '24, 06:15 Just shoveled 9 1/4" of damp aerated cement off the deck. It's 35 degrees and the 3,500' forecast is running a good 5 degrees warmer than it was showing last night.

good to see you moose. yup indeed heavy and a lot of work. but just what we needed. with the high h2o content should set up tight after grooming in the cold temps tonight. hopefully we get another couple inches as forecasted to top it off.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Wow , out at 8 and made it until 3 . Legs are toast , snow was cement at the bell but fun ! Glad to read that others thought it was a workout !