PSA - Regarding DTL Products "COMPLIMENTARY CHILD/SUPER SENIOR LIFT TICKET

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ski
Wanted Poster

PSA - Regarding DTL Products "COMPLIMENTARY CHILD/SUPER SENIOR LIFT TICKET

Post by ski »

Hopefully someone from the Resort will read this.

If you order a "COMPLIMENTARY CHILD/SUPER SENIOR LIFT TICKET" from the website, this is NO LONGER A DIRECT TO LIFT product. What a pure crock of shlt. This was DTL all season until (as I was told by an employee) the resort changed the policy about two weeks ago, now requiring you to come to a ticket window to "activate" the pass.

"Whether you've reloaded an existing One Pass RFID Card or purchased a new one, in-person validation is required. These tickets may not be picked up from a kiosk. Please visit any open ticket window with the user(s) of the child and/or super senior lift tickets and this order confirmation for in-person validation. Be aware in-person validation is unavailable at Bear Mountain Monday-Thursday, except Christmas and President's Weeks."

What a f%cking pain in the ass, with kids in tow . . . . why do it online if this is what happens . . Fix this Killington

:rant
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: PSA - Regarding DTL Products "COMPLIMENTARY CHILD/SUPER SENIOR LIFT TICKET

Post by daytripper »

I would think people were probably taking advantage of it and they had to confirm that they were actually going to very young/old people.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

daytripper wrote:I would think people were probably taking advantage of it and they had to confirm that they were actually going to very young/old people.

Must be the same people who abuse the Subaru parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Howdy Beast Fans,
If you are bringing young children and your aging father, all of who need extra assistance, please be sure they are prepared to take the extra steps needed to validate their passes. This will require going to a physical ticket window and may require ascending and descending multiple staircases, circumnavigating crowded lift mazes, and traversing muddy and icy pathways in ski boots.

We don't call it The Beast for nothing.
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
GlenPLake
Green Skidder

Post by GlenPLake »

Seems this could be a once a year thing like the waiver, they could take a picture and put it on the actual pass, then validation could be done at any lift when the youngster or oldster first scans for the day.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

ski wrote:Howdy Beast Fans,
If you are bringing young children and your aging father, all of who need extra assistance, please be sure they are prepared to take the extra steps needed to validate their passes. This will require going to a physical ticket window and may require ascending and descending multiple staircases, circumnavigating crowded lift mazes, and traversing muddy and icy pathways in ski boots.

We don't call it The Beast for nothing.
The bus drops you off right at the ticket window at snowshed....the horror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Getting people ready to walk through the Village laden with equipment. Problem?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe