GladeMasterB
Blue Chatterbox

Snowbasin Utah ?

Post by GladeMasterB »

Any folks ever been there ?
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Yes, last season. It's a beautiful mountain and incredible, fancy lodges (marble floors...careful they are hella slippery). You don't see stuff like that around here! I found it odd that they really had only a small space for people to boot up.

I liked Snowbird better overall though. It's bigger and greater variety of terrain. The views at both are spectacular...not of this world.

Sprite
I like wine.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Snowbasin was a very cool mountain. Was out in March. Very little skier traffic. Decent expert terrain, but not super abundant. Tons of intermediate to beg. expert terrain. Facilities are the best I have ever seen. And there is plenty of space to boot up (did you find the locker rooms Sprite?). Oak lockers top to bottom, all nicely carpetted, very friendly staff...pretty cheap too, i think i paid $41 for a lift ticket. It's got some super nasty hike to terrain, but its a good 45 min to an hour from the Cottonwood Canyons.

Beware...if you come out to the base anywhere skiers left of the halfpipe, you have a 50' vertical climb back up hill to the lift...

There are a bunch of shots of Snowbasin from my trip to Utah in my gallery, if you wanna check it out.

CK
ImageImageImageImage
felix
Beginner On Rentals

Post by felix »

Tremendous facilities and great skiing. Not much else in immediate area. Lift tickets under $60. Highly recommended.
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

felix wrote:Tremendous facilities and great skiing. Not much else in immediate area. Lift tickets under $60. Highly recommended.

Identifiqúese por favor. ¿Está el que lo pienso es o un caso de identidad equivocada??? :?
1918 lives
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

SB mid week does'nt allways open the whole Mtn.
but the skiing there is good.
looking up the hill and 2 the right of the gonjo-la there is some great treeskiing 2 be had.
when U get 2 the top just keep heading 2 the skiers left and follow the "OB" rope there are some rock ledge spines and some fun 10-20 foor dropoffs that all have great rock/stump free landings. also do a tuck run down the DH course...(it's nice and fast with some turns that will sink you down into your edeges due the G-forces that happen with speed).

strawberys is a good section if u r looking 4 the powder(but not allways open mid week.

bla-bla-bla...
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

Great place, we had a blast there. Never a crowd. I think I have some pics on webshots of that place too.

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
pcgrantham
Poster Child Poster

Post by pcgrantham »

Excellent mountain with unbelievable lodges. Very helpful workers there. Try powder if you're out that way. and don't forget to stop at the Shooting Star for a burger afterwards.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

borgy wrote:
felix wrote:Tremendous facilities and great skiing. Not much else in immediate area. Lift tickets under $60. Highly recommended.

Identifiqúese por favor. ¿Está el que lo pienso es o un caso de identidad equivocada??? :?
Is this really a Borgy post or a Dedo post?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Felix welcome to the forum.
GladeMasterB
Blue Chatterbox

Post by GladeMasterB »

thanks for all the great info gang :D
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
borgy wrote:

Is this really a Borgy post or a Dedo post?

No, It's me Ty---- Just wondering if it was a guy from my ski house? I know he lurks but has never posted anything. He native language is Spanish so he'll understand what I typed. :lol:

y felix, si es usted, recepción al tablero. Es sobre tiempo que usted salió del armario
1918 lives