friday 3/15 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

friday 3/15 report

Post by skiadikt »

beware the ides of march ... a drippy, soggy, foggy morning. in a season of poor viz, this was right up there. plenty of goggle swiping. no one there. 9-12 shift.

snow nice & soft if u could see it, so took a conservative mostly groomer approach. started at bear and stuck mostly to boxes & the bubble. sampled a run or two in most areas. even took a run down to rt 4. everything uniformly the same - very good.

on our return from the canyon was surprised to see the SR running. pinch me, must be dreaming. lower jug & pipedream closed. breakaway great snow but a ribbon on one section and brief mandatory grass skiing on another. again amazed to see how destroyed the mtn has gotten in 4 short days since the big one. royal flush looks like it did before the 27".

closed out on wildfire, which i'll call rotd. soft bumps on upper. generally good coverage though you have to switch from the left side to the right at some point. lower developing bumps. if the dripping stops & the fog lifts, could be a very fine afternoon.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Grmmtnhkr34
Beginner On Rentals

Re: friday 3/15 report

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

I got kicked out of work to save on OT so I did a late afternoon delite from about 2:15- 4:15. Parked on rt 4, say on the report south ridge was running so I did SR link> bear trax> roundabout. Excellent. Then over to the canyon by way of escapade. Then back over to breakaway and all the way around falls brook to bear quad. OL on soft bumps then over to CC to try to catch needles eye but they had put the rope up. So up stage 2 to bittersweet including the old line and around the lodge to the k1. My final run was a peak 2 creek including hiking up to catwalk. Great late afternoon, no crowds and WROTD was probably breakaway due to the grass skiing but still great. ROTD was catwalk. Softest I'd ever seen it.
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

Grmmtnhkr34 wrote: Mar 15th, '24, 16:16 I got kicked out of work to save on OT so I did a late afternoon delite from about 2:15- 4:15. Parked on rt 4, say on the report south ridge was running so I did SR link> bear trax> roundabout. Excellent. Then over to the canyon by way of escapade. Then back over to breakaway and all the way around falls brook to bear quad. OL on soft bumps then over to CC to try to catch needles eye but they had put the rope up. So up stage 2 to bittersweet including the old line and around the lodge to the k1. My final run was a peak 2 creek including hiking up to catwalk. Great late afternoon, no crowds and WROTD was probably breakaway due to the grass skiing but still great. ROTD was catwalk. Softest I'd ever seen it.
Nice to meet you on the Skyship at the end of the day.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

Grmmtnhkr34 wrote: Mar 15th, '24, 16:16 final run was a peak 2 creek including hiking up to catwalk... ROTD was catwalk. Softest I'd ever seen it.
Good on you for the hike up catwalk! thanks for the reports (SA)
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Well, the fog didn't really go anywhere ! On the plus side, it was a "dry" fog and seemed like it was in several different layers. Best viz was upper 2/3 of North Ridge, bottom of Snowdon, way low at Bear, and overall OK in the Supe Pod. I was surprised that the snow was as soft and creamy as it was [had expected it to lock up overnight].

LEF OK except for piss poor viz. Took Canyon chair up into the clearing and great run on Reason -> UEF until the bottom. Lights out trying to find entrance to the chair.

Upper Pipe Dream good, Shorty excellent into deteriorating viz, and Lower Wildfire very good at the bottom after getting out of the fog.

Cruise Control into Needle's Eye was pea soup. Bittersweet -> Low Road very good as well as another lap there on Supe / Skyelark.

Upper Chute was very good, then worse viz on Upper Great Bear, into a very good Lower GB.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!