thursday 3/21 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

thursday 3/21 report

Post by skiadikt »

our winning streak continues as mother nature has made a 180. running out of fingers to count how many pow days in a row we've had. rather brisk wind but not aware of any lift issues. full corral at the bell but overall rather quiet. short 9-11:30 shift.

today a bit different than the last couple in that instead of making trax on many of the groomers, the snow stopped early enough that there wasn't much, if any top coating. a case in point was highline at bell which essentially was hard packed pow. after that off to the races in search of pow. harvested some untracked on both flush & conclusion. bumps a bit solid underneath on GB.

escapade/flume quite good. my friend reported the same on double dip. in another episode of "you can't trust the report", downdraft listed as open (and ungroomed), was actually groomed and skied beautifully as it got the same makeover that double dip did yesterday.

jug/breakaway in very good shape. ogled fiddle on our drive-by but nary a track and rocks visable. did nothing in bear or needles. bitter which is usually a step-child skied well. low road skiers left loaded w pow. finished out on old supe, also loaded on skier's left and superstar which skied very well under the guns. no goggle swiping and a fine surface. too many choices for rotd.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Re: thursday 3/21 report

Post by Southside_Bobby »

skiadikt wrote: Mar 21st, '24, 13:05

jug/breakaway in very good shape. ogled fiddle on our drive-by but nary a track and rocks visable. did nothing in bear or needles.
Since you drove by Fiddle, I am guessing that the SRQ was NOT running.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Mar 21st, '24, 13:21

jug/breakaway in very good shape. ogled fiddle on our drive-by but nary a track and rocks visable. did nothing in bear or needles.
The schedule has been difficult to decipher. Rode it on Saturday, but it was not running on Sunday. :roll:
ImageImageImageImage
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Stormchaser wrote: Mar 21st, '24, 13:40
Southside_Bobby wrote: Mar 21st, '24, 13:21

The schedule has been difficult to decipher. Rode it on Saturday, but it was not running on Sunday. :roll:
Understatement of the season with regard to that lift.
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Started the day , having breakfast at K 1 at 8:15 .then threw up in my mouth watching the display of 60 and 70 year olds getting ready for there ski day . W T F boomers no one needs to see that . A bunch of Gray hair old fvcks striping down to there underwear , with B S stores of “I remember when this place was a old chicken coop “ and real skiers boot up in bay one . Tighten up your game folks it’s getting hard to watch .
Dude GFY
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Dude GFY »

Bayfive wrote: Mar 21st, '24, 15:15 Started the day , having breakfast at K 1 at 8:15 .then threw up in my mouth watching the display of 60 and 70 year olds getting ready for there ski day . W T F boomers no one needs to see that . A bunch of Gray hair old fvcks striping down to there underwear , with B S stores of “I remember when this place was a old chicken coop “ and real skiers boot up in bay one . Tighten up your game folks it’s getting hard to watch .
Bro. You need Jesus and/or a new job. Isn't it time for you to go hunt newts and those elusive thrush at this point?
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Don’t tell me what to do , I call it as I see it
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

The unreadable troll. He tries to be disruptive, but the grammar and spelling just make you want to look away.
2024 - Killington lied.
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Yea unreadable and horrible grammar , oh my , bobby put on your big boy pants I hope you can get through this
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

South side , don’t take your Pants off in the lodge , no one wants to see that , you are old , do that at home , thanks
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

Bayfive wrote: Mar 21st, '24, 15:15 Started the day , having breakfast at K 1 at 8:15 .then threw up in my mouth watching the display of 60 and 70 year olds getting ready for there ski day . W T F boomers no one needs to see that . A bunch of Gray hair old fvcks striping down to there underwear , with B S stores of “I remember when this place was a old chicken coop “ and real skiers boot up in bay one . Tighten up your game folks it’s getting hard to watch .
i was never that fascinated with what others are doing, but thankfully we have you to report on it, this is important stuff! particularly with great conditions.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

skiadikt wrote: Mar 21st, '24, 13:05 bitter which is usually a step-child skied well.
got a laugh out of that!
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Dude GFY wrote: Mar 21st, '24, 17:35
Bro. You need Jesus and/or a new job. Isn't it time for you to go hunt newts and those elusive thrush at this point?
Bro, Jesus and I totally shredded Anarchy and Julio yesterday...never met a guy who could tele like that but the man does walk on water. Then we saw Rustyk at the bar.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Bayfive wrote:Started the day , having breakfast at K 1 at 8:15 .then threw up in my mouth watching the display of 60 and 70 year olds getting ready for there ski day . W T F boomers no one needs to see that . A bunch of Gray hair old fvcks striping down to there underwear , with B S stores of “I remember when this place was a old chicken coop “ and real skiers boot up in bay one . Tighten up your game folks it’s getting hard to watch .
Chicken coop or pig farm.

Just look the other way. It's all good.

Rack it

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Grmmtnhkr34
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

If the worst thing u have to complain about it old people changing, then the conditions must be excellent!