Friday, March 22nd Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Friday, March 22nd Report

Post by Southside_Bobby »

What will no doubt be a day that few here will be looking back on, with it being the day BEFORE the big dump, Friday was truly awesome for me.

Despite the SRQ NOT running, my first day back since November 6th (I went for the spring pass this year) was by far the best ski day I had this season thus far. I have 65 days in at other mountains and, by comparison, they were all at best mediocre. There is only one K.

My guiding light yesterday became any sign that read "thin cover". I usually don't repeat trails, but lower Royal is perhaps my favorite segment at K. I did it four times. Vagabond, Upper Ridge, and Low Road all saw repeats.

And then there was middle Supe under the guns. Yum.

Local friends were calling some places "firm". I called them packed powder. I could see some of you calling yesterday the worst of the last few days. I call it the best of the season so far.

I'm back, baby.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Re: Friday, March 22nd Report

Post by twilkas »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Mar 23rd, '24, 14:32 There is only one K.
aint that the truth! a bit of bitching and moaning is generally out of simple care for the place. sounded like a great day.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: Friday, March 22nd Report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Yep, it was a good one. Still nursing a sore back but got snookered into doing a few things aside from the groomers.

Re: Firm - This started yesterday when the temps dropped below the "constant 32 degrees" of the past few weeks. The base certainly tightened up. With that said, still very good skiing.

ROTD: Stitchline. Firm, but pretty good cover and able to avoid most of the ice with creative lines.

One down Pipe Dream OK.

Can't remember much else !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!