Bumper

Re: Spring Shrinkage Schedule ?

Post by 180 »

They announced 5pm SS lifts on Saturday 20 and the 27th
my poor knees
Green Skidder

Post by my poor knees »

I was there Monday Tuesday and Wednesday, the place really was empty, I agree, they probably lose money.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Apr 12th, '24, 10:39
snoloco wrote: Apr 12th, '24, 10:13 It's not at all uncommon to have K1 and either Canyon or North Ridge open the last weekend of April.
It wasn't uncommon for a long time. That seems to be changing.

Last year they went to Supe only on Monday 4/24. I have doubts that they will change their plans this year, of all years.

The place is also a total ghost town. Every weekday they are open right now, they are probably losing money.
After next week, single day lift tickets drop $35. I'm reading that as superstar only. Bummer
Attachments
Screenshot_20240412_151126_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240412_151126_Chrome.jpg (95.16 KiB) Viewed 756 times
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

ozzy wrote: Apr 12th, '24, 14:13
snoloco wrote: Apr 12th, '24, 10:13 It's not at all uncommon to have K1 and either Canyon or North Ridge open the last weekend of April.

Last year they went to Supe only on Monday 4/24. I have doubts that they will change their plans this year, of all years.

The place is also a total ghost town. Every weekday they are open right now, they are probably losing money.
After next week, single day lift tickets drop $35. I'm reading that as superstar only. Bummer

There are no $35 lift tickets, not sure where you are looking.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

daytripper wrote: Apr 12th, '24, 15:00

Price drop, not ticket price.
ImageImageImageImage
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Stormchaser wrote: Apr 12th, '24, 15:05

Reading is fundamental
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I gotta stop posting right after smoking!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

daytripper wrote: Apr 12th, '24, 17:06

I gotta stop posting right after smoking!
So - No more posting for you ?
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

BTW - I read it the same way as you did w/o any outside assistance !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

snoloco wrote: Apr 12th, '24, 10:13 I'm not sure what coverage looks like on Snowdon, but going down to only Superstar after next weekend would be very early. It's not at all uncommon to have K1 and either Canyon or North Ridge open the last weekend of April. Based on the webcam, even Bear looks like it could make another weekend, not that it will happen.
everything seems to be ending a week or two earlier than usual. easter was early, spring breaks as a result were early, and the mountain no longer wants the clientele who come up on buses nor do they want the brits. they want to sell expensive, exclusive real estate for people who dont want to be around the low skilled unwashed masses.
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

well, at least there is mud
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

asher2789 wrote: Apr 13th, '24, 11:14
snoloco wrote: Apr 12th, '24, 10:13 I'm not sure what coverage looks like on Snowdon, but going down to only Superstar after next weekend would be very early. It's not at all uncommon to have K1 and either Canyon or North Ridge open the last weekend of April. Based on the webcam, even Bear looks like it could make another weekend, not that it will happen.
everything seems to be ending a week or two earlier than usual. easter was early, spring breaks as a result were early, and the mountain no longer wants the clientele who come up on buses nor do they want the brits. they want to sell expensive, exclusive real estate for people who dont want to be around the low skilled unwashed masses.

That isn't exactly true. Because it's a leap year, everything is 2 days earlier, but everything is on about the same schedule as in previous years.

Skyeship closed March 31st this year. It was April 2nd last year, March 27th in 2022, and March 28th in 2021.

South Ridge was supposed to close March 31st, but was reopened for an extra weekend. They did the same thing last year and added an extra weekend. It closed on March 20th in 2022 and April 4th in 2021.

Bear's last day is tomorrow, April 14th. Last year, it was April 16th, 2022 was April 17th, but only the OL chair with OL and Bear Cub, 2021 was April 11th. Same dates for Needle's or Stage 2. They're running Needle's this year, which they also ran last year. Stage 2 was the one they kept open later in 2022 and 2021.

I think they should have reopened Skyeship last weekend, and that they should consider reopening Bear and Needle's next weekend if the weather looks nice, and try to keep either K1/Canyon/North Ridge or Snowdon/Ramshead open until the 28th. We'll see what happens.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

looks like monday, needles joins bear on the closed list. 5 lifts - K1, supe, bubble, NR and ramshead scheduled to run.

everyone scaling back. bush 1 lift. stowe 2. jay just tram for upper mtn. sunday river 3 lifts. mt snow carinthia.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

^^ bummer!
gore is upper mtn oly, gondola downloading.

we really lucked out with the three post-winter, big storms.
don't wanna imagine where we'd be without them!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

snoloco wrote: Apr 11th, '24, 15:24 The last Sunday of April this year is 4/28, so I'd expect to see lifts other than Superstar open that weekend if there is sufficient snow cover. In 2022, they kept Snowdon and Ramshead open until 5/1.
in 2022, they shut down the K1 gondy early as they began tearing down the lodge so they ran snowdon and rams later. they had made a lot of snow on snowdon to keep it open and of course there's always a lot of snow in the peace park.

in general plenty of snow this year. both bear & needles have closed with more snow than last year at least. depending on this week's weather both could be skiable next weekend. we'll see.
spoiled South American skiin' whore