Latest village plan
Latest village plan
IMG_4441.jpeg (423.14 KiB) Viewed 1705 times
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: New lift planned

Post by hillbangin »

Great terrain over there........

So from my 5m house I have to ride 3 chairs to get to the top. That's with pushing from rams to snowshed and pushing to K1.

Or 3 chairs to the top of the glades chair.

What a deal!

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Extend it down so that people can ride up from the parking lots.
Mistergiff
Black Carver

Post by Mistergiff »

snoloco wrote: Apr 13th, '24, 11:11 Extend it down so that people can ride up from the parking lots.
Yes, this is a must. Something like the Cabriolet at Canyons. It's not cheap to run a shuttle bus system. That lift would pay for itself in short order. Otherwise the parking lots will be a cluster.
Downdraft
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Downdraft »

Sick. Can’t wait to lap this terrain in 2035 when it’s completed.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

With the Village remote off-site parking lots and eventually the bear mountain remote lots for non residents I would think it would take you 1/2-1hr to get from the remote off-site parking lots to the main trails. Fortunately I think I will age-out before then.
simpletwist
Blue Chatterbox

Post by simpletwist »

That's the new Interconnect lift, lol.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Doesn't seem very will thought out. Requires either installing a bridge under the road after getting off the lift (expensive), or taking your skis off. It will need snowmaking, which will require cooperation from the mountain. However, Killington would want something that solves their new upper lot transportation problem. My guess is this is the developer's attempt to get Killington/POWDR to the table to discuss a lift that solves both problems, since the scope seems deliberately narrow.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

This drawing also shows the bridge being removed from The Grand, greatly increasing the walk. It doesn't show a relocated Ramshead lift. There is no accent on the value of slopeside condos, it's slopeside promenade. Strikes me as designed by someone at a desk, not someone who wants a ski village. You know, ski, where the accent is on skiing, not promenading.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

snoloco wrote: Apr 13th, '24, 11:11 Extend it down so that people can ride up from the parking lots.
If you spend $5 Mill do you want everybody and their granmother riding YOUR lift? Proably be restricted like the relocated poma.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Mister Moose wrote: Apr 14th, '24, 08:31 This drawing also shows the bridge being removed from The Grand, greatly increasing the walk. It doesn't show a relocated Ramshead lift. There is no accent on the value of slopeside condos, it's slopeside promenade. Strikes me as designed by someone at a desk, not someone who wants a ski village. You know, ski, where the accent is on skiing, not promenading.
Think of it more like a walking village to get to the skiing - not a ski village.

They could build a ski village on the golf course - but why would you want to ruin such a beautiful track when you have one the town can't pay for down the street...............
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

hillbangin wrote: Apr 15th, '24, 07:32
Mister Moose wrote: Apr 14th, '24, 08:31 This drawing also shows the bridge being removed from The Grand, greatly increasing the walk. It doesn't show a relocated Ramshead lift. There is no accent on the value of slopeside condos, it's slopeside promenade. Strikes me as designed by someone at a desk, not someone who wants a ski village. You know, ski, where the accent is on skiing, not promenading.
Think of it more like a walking village to get to the skiing - not a ski village.

They could build a ski village on the golf course - but why would you want to ruin such a beautiful track when you have one the town can't pay for down the street...............
I've been saying for years that the village should be built on the golf course with a lift bringing people up to the base of Snowshed with an extension to KBL. It's a win-win-win. The golfer population isn't enough to properly support two local courses so shutting the resort course helps the town. On the assumption that the resort course doesn't do much better than break even, the resort gains by shutting it down. The developer, now Great Gulf, gains an easier property to develop as the site development cost would have to be lower than all the work that's needed in the Snowshed/Ramshead lots. The skier population gains by not losing convenient parking. People staying in the village might even have a few ski home trails since everything on the golf course is downhill from East Mountain Road. Oh well....they never listen.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Bubba wrote: Apr 15th, '24, 09:54

I've been saying for years that the village should be built on the golf course with a lift bringing people up to the base of Snowshed with an extension to KBL. It's a win-win-win. The golfer population isn't enough to properly support two local courses so shutting the resort course helps the town. On the assumption that the resort course doesn't do much better than break even, the resort gains by shutting it down. The developer, now Great Gulf, gains an easier property to develop as the site development cost would have to be lower than all the work that's needed in the Snowshed/Ramshead lots. The skier population gains by not losing convenient parking. People staying in the village might even have a few ski home trails since everything on the golf course is downhill from East Mountain Road. Oh well....they never listen.
Not to mention that it would make by far Killington the best ski resort in the East - and Everyone would win.

They could build downtown Aspen or Park City on that Golf Course land.............
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

…. and, I, for one, am glad they did not ruin the golf course😌
Skid Mark
Green Skidder

Post by Skid Mark »

hillbangin wrote: Apr 15th, '24, 10:14
Bubba wrote: Apr 15th, '24, 09:54

Not to mention that it would make by far Killington the best ski resort in the East - and Everyone would win.

They could build downtown Aspen or Park City on that Golf Course land.............
Okay, someone file the act 250 forms so that they can start breaking ground in 2048.