Only Superstar Quad After this Weekend!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Eddytheyetti
Green Skidder

Re: Only Superstar Quad After this Weekend!

Post by Eddytheyetti »

And maybe 3-6 inches Wednesday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Grmmtnhkr34 wrote: Apr 20th, '24, 18:15
As a vail resorts employee I can tell you our lifties make more than team leads at killington... I was just at killington Friday talking with one liftie about jumping over...
Ah . . The crux of the biscuit
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

It's such BS what they are doing. There is so much snow that every lift that's open today could easily be open next weekend. They had significant turnout today, filling both the K1 and Ramshead lots, most of Vale, and even starting to park in Lower Snowshed. If they get even half of this turnout next weekend, then the line will back up to the lodge. Or more likely, they'll cede Ikon visits to Sugarloaf or day ticket visits to Jay Peak. I've never been so disappointed with this place in my life.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

rest easy I sent an EM to Mike and asked him nicely for a "BONUS K1 WEEKEND" so we good.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

GSKI wrote: Apr 21st, '24, 15:11 rest easy I sent an EM to Mike and asked him nicely for a "BONUS K1 WEEKEND" so we good.
if we get good weather and the demand is there, maybe. weather is key. if we get a crowd like today they'd have no choice.

being over at rams, the park was busy. seeing all that snow in the park that's gonna go to waste is heartbreaking.

interestingly, other than tuesday, this week is gonna be on the chilly side so the snow should keep.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Grmmtnhkr34
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

Interesting in the snow report:
"All lifts except for the Superstar Express have been closed for the 2023/24 winter season, or at least for now."
Hmm...
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Grmmtnhkr34 wrote: Apr 21st, '24, 15:54 Interesting in the snow report:
"All lifts except for the Superstar Express have been closed for the 2023/24 winter season, or at least for now."
Hmm...
yup just saw that and was gonna post. the door is open a crack ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

"All lifts except for the Superstar Express have been closed for the 2023/24 winter season, OR AT LEAST FOR NOW."

See i told you all. I communicated with Mike and he seems to understand the situation so we are all set for K1 BONUS WEEKEND!
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

GSKI wrote: Apr 21st, '24, 16:20 "All lifts except for the Superstar Express have been closed for the 2023/24 winter season, OR AT LEAST FOR NOW."

See i told you all. I communicated with Mike and he seems to understand the situation so we are all set for K1 BONUS WEEKEND!
Thank every holy power for you GSKI :wink: seriously, i do think Mike S would do things differently if truly his call.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Mike Solimano is the Killington Commander who makes things happen! He has vast powers but mostly only over operations at K the rest of it I can't say for sure.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

my sources say by Wednesday it will be official. K1 BONUS WEEKEND! :banana:
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

"K1 BONUS WEEKEND" coming right up! I told you guys I would hook you up! Thank me later.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

That is all tongue in cheek from me. OF COURSE Mike was always going to do the right thing based on the conditions. He always has since he got control of K. The right guy for the job doing the right thing for skiers and boarders.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

GSKI wrote: Apr 25th, '24, 19:44 That is all tongue in cheek from me. OF COURSE Mike was always going to do the right thing based on the conditions. He always has since he got control of K. The right guy for the job doing the right thing for skiers and boarders.
Good stuff GSKI! I'm lol'ing. :lol: and hey wait, leave my "Commanders" out of this ;)
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Now at K we are near the time when you get the final end of NE eastern skiing where there is no other option than Killington. It is a legendary time that has existed for MANY decades and been celebrated by those living and those who have passed. We see all the most hard core and the best all in 1 place. Everybody ends up here. I love this time and it makes me complete seeing all the talent in 1 place and the passion and the great access road scene. Thank you!