Saturday 5/4 Derby day

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

Saturday 5/4 Derby day

Post by RustyK »

Out around 10 after the light reign ended.

BayOne as the access rd was full. Couple of sky to bitters with Skiergirl. Good cover.

Sup very good still TTB.

Couple of ovations with Liv4ski. Very nice other than the walkout.

Saw Southside on a thin lower Sky. Still doable.

Good BBQ with daytripper, phantom Liv4ski and southside.

Garlic Derby party after with a good finish at the Luau.
Great day.
Attachments
IMG_1336.jpeg
IMG_1336.jpeg (816.01 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Saturday 5/4 Derby day

Post by skiadikt »

came out for afternoon shift as the sun was breaking through a bit. full-on by the close. good apre-hang.

by end of day, thought supe bumps were biggest of the year. with the swarms on the run, it got a bit "uncomfortable" at times. skye lark actually bumped up nicely. lower did ski well but the breaks have gotten bigger. lower bitter drop-off developed some rather large bumps. regrettably didn't say final farewell to mid o.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

i was out from 3:30 to 5 because i was nursing a hangover and just couldnt get my act together sooner but honestly if i was out for anymore than an hour and a half i probably would of hurt myself! me and the homies were having a blast riding together... most exciting though, i landed something thats been in my mind for a couple years now and actually over rotated and landed a first for me - was trying to do a switch 'dead air' or 'pop tart', essentially a fakie to air rather than an air to fakie (i know im losing yall skiers here but bear with me - an air with no spin coming in standing in my unnatural stance and landing natural on the same edge - toeside) except i over rotated and instead spun a !!!! alley oop switch backside 3 !!! (the most difficult of the 3s - alley oop means spinning uphill rather than downhill) on the left side just above tower 4 which is one of the sketchiest places to be spinning anything let alone switch! im gonna be thinking about that one for a while haha. the reason for switch is the side hit is almost impossible to hit on the heels goofy foot, it has to be hit off the toes because of the shape of the slope and its steepness.

if you ever see a somewhat smaller snowboarder wearing all or mostly black on a white board losing their f*** mind on the left, airing sh*t like its a quarterpipe and nearly landing in the snowmaking pipes throwing 3s, thats me! and if you see a bunch of us doing similar things, thats me and the homies haha :D
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Evening Report: ROTD LUAU # 42 !

Other than that, nursing some cracked / bruised ribs from a fall I took at home setting up for the party. Hoping I can get back out on the hill [skiing, not just tailgating!] next weekend.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

I was in my basement with a duggie and a spoon. No other girl around to take my pain away.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/