think twice (house problems)

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

2knees
Poster Child Poster

think twice (house problems)

Post by 2knees »

Think twice before you buy a house under the control of a historic district commission. I just spent the last 45 minutes explaining to a bunch of freakin blowhards how i want to install a fence, the same freakin fence i already have on one side of my yard, that runs from the back of my property only to the end of my back deck. All to keep my child from running out into the street. These people had a FILE on me. Pictures of my house, my backyard. WTF, i feel violated. they been sneaking around snapping pictures of my house. Yes i knew they had final say on things like this before i bought the house but until you've had to deal with these nut jobs one on one, you could never have imagined how bad it is. Still better than the poor sap who went before me. this idiot put up a carport without permission. sh*t, he didnt even have a building permit. Someone in the neighborhood turned him in.
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

sucker.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

all that from the goverment we voted in!
what ya gonna do next?
Fight Citty hall?
i have and got my point across after 5 town meetings.

I went 2 a town meeting...Boy what a mess!
The hoops one has 2 jump through just to speak your mind on a ruleing.

stick with it and dont take no 4 a answer from our public servants.
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Bling Skier wrote:all that from the goverment we voted in!
what ya gonna do next?
Fight Citty hall?

Rarely are historic preservation types actually voted for. They are usually groups that impose themselves on others. Usually Jackie O types.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

CAPBOY wrote:
Bling Skier wrote:all that from the goverment we voted in!
what ya gonna do next?
Fight Citty hall?

Rarely are historic preservation types actually voted for. They are usually groups that impose themselves on others. Usually Jackie O types.
got ya!
Remember that guy in jersey that had a run in with thoes blue bloods/
it wasw all about the color that he wanted to paint his house. well The HS people said that he could not paint his house the color that did not match the colors of the period inwhich the house was built....so he painted it with purple poca-dots just 2 get then mad.

and stinkys raided his moms liquor cabinet and is now drunk....again.
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

These people are actually just homeowners who volunteer for this board and there is no vote. It is not a public forum and their say is more or less final. The worst part is that there are no hard and fast guidelines as to what they allow and what they reject. It honestly seems to depend on their mood that night. It's b.s.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

In Stonington CT there was a house that was denied permission for an addition, so the owner (an architect, no less) painted his house black in protest. Was like that for several years.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Historical preservation can be a pain sometimes. When we were renovating the old family home in Italy we were restricted as well in what we did on the outside of the house. We could not add a balcony because it was not previously there and we could not close up a portion that was previously open. This is all because the town wants to preserve the way it looked hundreds of years ago.

We also don't have a fence to prevent our children from running out into the street. We keep telling them not to do so and explain to them how dangerous it is to do so and yell at them to stop if they are anywhere near the curb. We try not to leave them outside by themselves for too long.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

2knees wrote:These people are actually just homeowners who volunteer for this board and there is no vote. It is not a public forum and their say is more or less final. The worst part is that there are no hard and fast guidelines as to what they allow and what they reject. It honestly seems to depend on their mood that night. It's b.s.
Sucks when a bunch losers who have no lives and delusions of grandeur get some measure of control over your life.

NY Times did a piece on neighborhood associations a couple of years ago. Essentially most of 'em are fun by little old blue haired Moussolinis.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Mister Moose wrote:In Stonington CT there was a house that was denied permission for an addition, so the owner (an architect, no less) painted his house black in protest. Was like that for several years.
Cool!

Sprite
I like wine.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

2knees, where is you house?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

oh, never mind. I just read your profile.

Don't you already have some high tech fences all the way around your house?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

ummmm yeah sure dork whatever you say. thanks for reminding me i had that in there, i think i'll delete it.
Talisman
Black Carver

Post by Talisman »

Mister Moose wrote:In Stonington CT there was a house that was denied permission for an addition, so the owner (an architect, no less) painted his house black in protest. Was like that for several years.
The house didn't look so bad painted black, but it really pi$$ed off the landed gentry that live in the close confines of Stonington Borough.
GODZILLA!

Post by GODZILLA! »

2knees,
GODZILLA,HERE YOU WANT ME TO BREATHE FIRE ON THOES THAT BOTHER YOU?
THE USE OF FIRE IS A GREAT WAY TO GET PEOPLE TO CHANGE THIER MINDS!