We Will Get By, We Will Survive!!!!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

SkiNutDave
Blue Chatterbox

Post by SkiNutDave »

Still remember when I heard the news. I got home from work, didn't know what to do, so I went over to my local park in Queens. Just hung out with other Deadheads listening to tunes and talking about past shows.

Recently watched the Dead movie on WMHT (PBS) out of Albany. They always play the movie at pledge time. It never gets old. Still get the warm fuzzies when I see it.

For those that forgot, his birthday was August 1.
Let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr Z wrote:
Bubba wrote:[ Ever been to Graceland? Do you know that his grave still receives flower shipments from fans around the world on a daily basis and people make the pilgrimage to Graceland like Muslims make their pilgrimage to Mecca?
To those people it is Mecca! All roads down south lead to Memphis.
Better watch out for those fans who follow radical Elvisism. We could have violent musical terrorists in our midst. :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

Bump.

Boooooooo.
Ron Paul 2012
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

Frank Zappa!
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Last Show-Soldiers Field??
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

junior wrote:Image

No, that looks like vintage 1987 Garcia. Plus, Tiger guitar was only played through 1990.
Ron Paul 2012
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

St. Jerry wrote:
junior wrote:Image

No, that looks like vintage 1987 Garcia. Plus, Tiger guitar was only played through 1990.
Yep. Missed both of those things. Just a sad day I guess. Not thinking clearly.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

In the bussiness of things that make the work day go round, I fogot that it was ten years ago today.
not to worry. I just loaded up Reflections then i've been meaning to listen to live dead. today seems like agreat day to do so.

kinda funny how bobby has morphed into looking like ol' Jer these days. coidenscience, I think not..
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

ozzy wrote:In the bussiness of things that make the work day go round, I fogot that it was ten years ago today.
not to worry. I just loaded up Reflections then i've been meaning to listen to live dead. today seems like agreat day to do so.

kinda funny how bobby has morphed into looking like ol' Jer these days. coidenscience, I think not..
12 years today. This thread was bumped...
ImageImageImageImage
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

Jodi wrote:
If it has to be explained to you, you wouldn't understand it. I still don't understand it. Nothing personal, I promise. Jerry touched people in ways Elvis never could have. Again, I can't explain it, it just is.

Sorry for the weak reply.
You obviously have no idea what Elvis accomplished.

Elvis Albums
Elvis Hit Songs
Elvis Movies & TV
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

ozzy wrote:In the bussiness of things that make the work day go round, I fogot that it was ten years ago today.

Ummmmm...never mind.

Edit: Stormy beat me to it.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
Jodi wrote:
If it has to be explained to you, you wouldn't understand it. I still don't understand it. Nothing personal, I promise. Jerry touched people in ways Elvis never could have. Again, I can't explain it, it just is.

Elvis Albums
Elvis Hit Songs
Elvis Movies & TV

And you have no idea what Jerry accomplished.

Tread lightly here. She still reads the forum even if she doesn't post here anymore.

Also, you're replying to a 2 year old post.
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

junior wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
Jodi wrote:

Elvis Albums
Elvis Hit Songs
Elvis Movies & TV

And you have no idea what Jerry accomplished.

Tread lightly here. She still reads the forum even if she doesn't post here anymore.

Also, you're replying to a 2 year old post.
The first difference I think of is that Garcia wrote his own songs (with Hunter to be exact). Elvis was just the voice and looks for someone else's creativity.
Ron Paul 2012
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

Stormchaser wrote:

it has been one helluva busy day. duh, common sense would of told me 1995. It's one of those things that you remember exactly what you were doing when you heard the news of his passing.
Anyway, reflections kicks ass just like i remember
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

ozzy wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

it has been one helluva busy day. duh, common sense would of told me 1995. It's one of those things that you remember exactly what you were doing when you heard the news of his passing.
Anyway, reflections kicks ass just like i remember
I remember where I was when I first heard. In the car driving through Middletown Ct on 91 South on my way to JFK headed to Amsterdam...
ImageImageImageImage