We Will Get By, We Will Survive!!!!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: We Will Get By, We Will Survive!!!!

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Captain Hafski wrote: Aug 25th, '21, 09:07 Anyone else seeing Dead n Co Friday in Saratoga?
Have fun in Saratoga watching the band.
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

Ain't no luck, learned to duck.
Ron Paul 2012
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

27 years...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

I caught the show in Philly last week. detour and all,great time
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Took a pass on the City Field show last night, saw them there 2 years ago which was OK. Stadium shows are not my thing. Saw them at Bethel Woods (the original Woodstock site) last summer which was hands down the best "Dead" show I've been to since Jerry died. Awesome place to see a show, great vibe, great tailgate scene, and small venue. Disappointed that they weren't playing there this Summer. If you ever get a chance to visit Bethel Woods, check it out. Beautiful area, cool museum, and great history with one of the defining cultural moments in American history going down there. Been on the National Register of Historic Places since 2017. Definitely worth the trip.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

I thought I had tickets for the Virginia show. turns out I didn't. No way was I paying $400 for 2 lawn tickets to essentially see bob weir and john mayer play Grateful Dead covers. At half speed, nonetheless...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Yeah, I have a friend from college I saw Jerry with a few times. She wanted to go to the Fenway show for old times sake. Glad she had a change of heart this morning because of the price. D&C isn't worth $50 to me nevermind $150+ for crappy seats. Instead I'll walk to my local venue and pay $20 for Rose Alley to get my live Dead fix.

Love the memories, but I'm not interested in what Bob or Phil are doing anymore. More power to them to still make a bunch of money, but Bob's pace and Phil's insistence on having his son play guitar in his band just isn't for me. Not that I fault him for wanting to spend his golden years playing with his son, but Graham bores me.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

deadheadskier wrote: Jun 22nd, '23, 12:37 Love the memories, but I'm not interested in what Bob or Phil are doing anymore. More power to them to still make a bunch of money, but Bob's pace and Phil's insistence on having his son play guitar in his band just isn't for me. Not that I fault him for wanting to spend his golden years playing with his son, but Graham bores me.
never seen any of the bobby permutations and the dirges aren't my thing. caught phil way back when it was warren haynes and jimmy herring and they were great. big scofield fan so when he plays w him, that should be good. but in recent times, the graham thing does nothing for me. to be honest, saw the DSO in rutland this year and that was the closer to a dead experience than this other stuff. r.i.p. jerry.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I'd definitely rather see DSO over anything Bob or Phil are doing. Rather see JRad too or the countless local dead tribute bands.

The music will live on forever and I'm Grateful for the real thing for that.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Saw the two Wrigley shows 2 weeks ago . . . The current version of this band is firing on all cylinders. The shows were so much fun! Great times had . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

have to admit this version of "eyes" from barton hall is pretty good. uptempo and the solos from john, jeff and oteil are great.

https://youtu.be/HWFwSC-OiYU
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Well, guess I'll chip in my $0.02

Re: Dead and Co. I like to see them if it's 'convenient'. With that said, the BS with parking and getting in through the gates at these big shows is not 'convenient'. But there I was last weekend at Saratoga for two days ! Just had to do it.

I liked the first night better than the second [probably not the most popular opinion]. Thought second set opener They Love Each Other was best song of the night. Heard later that's only the second time D&Co has played it "fast". At any rate, a good show that Had It's Moments. Second night was really good right out of the gate. But they didn't keep up that pace in the second set. But another good show that Had It's Moments.

Agree with liking JRAD [best out there IMHO] and DSO. Definitely like seeing these bands at the smaller venues.

Currently down in Rhode Island on a camping trip. Saw Mystic Dead last night in Mystic CT as part of a Fri/Sat River Jam festival. Parked about 100 yards away from the tent, $15 to get in [3 bands over 6 hours; 5 bands Saturday for $25 [or $30 for both days]]. Had to be at least 300 people there ! A few really good food trucks for reasonably priced food and a decent CT IPA tall boy, ice cold, for $5. Paid $17 at Dead and Co. for a beer. Mystic Dead was very good during their app. 2-hour set [music had to stop at 10:00]. The lead guitar player definitely stood out apart from the rest of the garage band; he was great on guitar and vocals. If you like the Dead, these are a great local band to see if you get the chance.

Will be going to Jay Peak in two weeks for the Jeezum Crow festival. In years past, DSO closed out both nights. Last year, Railroad Earth was great closing out the first night and DSO great on Saturday. This year, neither of them there this year but Leftover Salmon should be good. This is an awesome two day event.

Looks like an Allman Bro band to start off the K Cooler concerts next weekend !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

We will
Ron Paul 2012
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

So whos got tix to Bobby Weir and the Wolf Bros at Shelburne Farm ..?
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"