my opinion on the skiing at this point

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

mogulbandit
Blue Chatterbox

my opinion on the skiing at this point

Post by mogulbandit »

first weekend was unbeleivable...was like a kid in a candy store on Sat. morning last week, was on like the fifth gondola up and skiied like crazy until about 12:30 before crowds were everywhere...skiied this past Friday and it was also a great day, not as much snow but plenty of soft bumps and sunny most of the day...long sleeve t-shirt weather...Saturday morning things were getting thin and they groomed alot of the trails, still good to be on the hill but by 12:00 I thought it was crazy up there...people everywhere and most could not ski/board very well...many close calls so it was time to pack up and head home....hopefully it will be cold, I rode up with the Killington weather man and he said it looked as though it would be cold enough to blow on Mon, Tues & Wed evenings???? hope so cause it is very thin up there and the holiday should wipe most of whats left if they can't blow some new stuff...
LET IT SNOW...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
PEACE OUT.....I would like to hook up with you guys sometime but I always manage to ski past the 10 o'clock meeting time before I notice...OOPS...Later!!!!
Go Big or Go Home
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mogulbandit, do you happen to drive a vehicle with VT plates that spell out a shortened version of Mogulbandit? Somebody up here has that plate on a minivan, I believe.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
mogulbandit
Blue Chatterbox

Post by mogulbandit »

Bubba...that is my sister...I think it is a trailblazer she drives....Mogulbandit is the name of a boat that we used to sail on...seemed like a good screen name...look forward to meeting up with you guys at some point, usually ski with sister and nephew but can only do that for so long...
Go Big or Go Home
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Trailblazer could be what I'm thinking of...something red or maroon or at least in that family?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Bubba wrote:Trailblazer could be what I'm thinking of...something red or maroon or at least in that family?
mogulbandit
Blue Chatterbox

Post by mogulbandit »

You got it Bubba...she works at Casey's and also works with the freestyle kids program on the mountain....you may know her, she's been up there for a while??? Deb ?? anyway, that's the skinny
Go Big or Go Home
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

mogulbandit wrote:You got it Bubba...she works at Casey's and also works with the freestyle kids program on the mountain....you may know her, she's been up there for a while??? Deb ?? anyway, that's the skinny
Are you talking about the freestyle kids program of the Killington Ski Club? MamaW's older son is in that program and my son and his friend M want to go into that program next year.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

DMC wrote:
Bubba wrote:Trailblazer could be what I'm thinking of...something red or maroon or at least in that family?
DMC who is this character?
RipeBanana
Slalom Racer

Post by RipeBanana »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
DMC wrote:
The John Edwards that DIDN'T run for VP, no?
Two sniffs, a snort, a fly, a turn and a grunt; and it was so simple like the jitterbug it plumb evaded me.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

RipeBanana wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
DMC wrote:
The John Edwards that DIDN'T run for VP, no?
John Edwards - "psychic"
He's always like - "I see a car - it's a redish color.... Or blue...."
mogulbandit
Blue Chatterbox

Post by mogulbandit »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
mogulbandit wrote:You got it Bubba...she works at Casey's and also works with the freestyle kids program on the mountain....you may know her, she's been up there for a while??? Deb ?? anyway, that's the skinny
Are you talking about the freestyle kids program of the Killington Ski Club? MamaW's older son is in that program and my son and his friend M want to go into that program next year.
Yes Ty...the freestyle mogul team...great program but those kids are so dam good...I skied with two of the kids on Friday and they were just amazing.....my sister(Deb) coaches one of the programs and her fiancee coaches the older kids, not sure what age groups but they sure get to travel all over the place.....my sisters fiancee is in France right now with 4 of the kids(one is an olympic hopefull, this kid is sick!!)
Definately a great program for the kids...
Go Big or Go Home
skiandsurf
Black Carver

Post by skiandsurf »

The reason why I don't look up to those kids on the freestyle team is because all they can ski is moguls. In the steeps and deeps I would destroy them.
If your question isn't answered here check out www.newschoolers.com
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

skiandsurf wrote:The reason why I don't look up to those kids on the freestyle team is because all they can ski is moguls. In the steeps and deeps I would destroy them.
My son currently skis with me and he skis whatever I ski. This weekend most of the time he was way ahead of me. In the trees he is definitely ahead of me since he can maneuver them much better than I can. I believe that the Killington Ski Club program trains them on more than just moguls.
Pushgears
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Pushgears »

...but the skiing was excellent for early season 8)

Some observations to share:
1. It seems that everyone I rode up with has the pass and most people bought the bronze. Any wonder it was the first to "sell out"?

2. Sunday morning phenomenon = Pass holders arriving early and leaving early. I skied from 8 - 10:30 as did the cars in front of and behind me as well as several to the sides :wink:

3. Grizz is a fizz - I asked him whether they could put some hay down on the mud outside the lodge. He said he'd make a call, but 2 hours later no hay. I guess ASC is trying to save money. Hay is very expensive. :shock:

4. Food line was quiet for the number of people in the KBL. Can I go a whole season without giving ASC any more buck$ :?: I'll try. 8)
Gr8ful4snow
Black Carver

Post by Gr8ful4snow »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
DMC wrote:
Some nut who thinks he talk to everyones dead relatives. :roll:
No sympathy for the devil;keep that in mind,buy the ticket take the ride.
Hunter S. Thompson