Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Mishaps this weekend.

Post by Bubba »

johnny the jibber wrote:
Bubba wrote:
johnny the jibber wrote:whos to judge on who is skiing or riding out of control. ive been cruising along at a pretty good clip only to have some moron ski right across my path. it works both ways, and im sorry to say but the old, people in front of you have the right of way, is one of the biggest loads of sh*t now a days. be aware of your surroundings and life will be ok...
Being aware of your surroundings? Does that include:

1. Not skiing or riding too close to the person/people ahead of you?
2. Not skiing or riding with headphones on with music blaring so you can't hear what's going on around you, like the sound of someone letting you know they're coming up and passing by?
i always ride with the headphones, loud sometimes as well. i dont like to ride next to, or around anyone, so i stay well away from others. keep your eyes open and you'll be fine. i have no time for morons on the hill, if you do something stupid, you pay the price...
Well, just like out on the roads, sometimes the person doing something stupid causes the accident and walks away while someone else gets hurt. Not singling anyone out (or making any rider vs. skier argument) but just saying that everyone needs to be aware and play safely.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

Bubba wrote:
johnny the jibber wrote:
Bubba wrote:
johnny the jibber wrote:whos to judge on who is skiing or riding out of control. ive been cruising along at a pretty good clip only to have some moron ski right across my path. it works both ways, and im sorry to say but the old, people in front of you have the right of way, is one of the biggest loads of sh*t now a days. be aware of your surroundings and life will be ok...

2. Not skiing or riding with headphones on with music blaring so you can't hear what's going on around you, like the sound of someone letting you know they're coming up and passing by?
i always ride with the headphones, loud sometimes as well. i dont like to ride next to, or around anyone, so i stay well away from others. keep your eyes open and you'll be fine. i have no time for morons on the hill, if you do something stupid, you pay the price...
Well, just like out on the roads, sometimes the person doing something stupid causes the accident and walks away while someone else gets hurt. Not singling anyone out (or making any rider vs. skier argument) but just saying that everyone needs to be aware and play safely.
to each their own, but no one on here is going to tell me or any other person out there how to ride. like i said before you do something stupid out there, you pay the price. it isnt disney world out there, stop treating it like it is. and its funny how all this dumb sh*t happens on the weekends, when everyone on here is out skiing with 10,000 others. its dangerous, expect danger...your adding to the problem...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
TheLurker
Bumper

Post by TheLurker »

YOUR RESPONSIBILTY CODE.
In addition to people using traditional alpine ski equipment, you may be joined on the slopes by snowboarders, telemark skiers, skiers with disabilities, skiers with specialized equipment and others. Always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing and snowboarding that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Know your ability level and stay within it. Observe YOUR RESPONSIBILITY CODE listed below and share the responsibility for a great outdoor experience with other skiers and riders.

1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.

2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.

3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.

4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.

5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.

6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.

7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

johnny the jibber wrote:
Bubba wrote:
johnny the jibber wrote:
Bubba wrote:

to each their own, but no one on here is going to tell me or any other person out there how to ride. like i said before you do something stupid out there, you pay the price. it isnt disney world out there, stop treating it like it is. and its funny how all this dumb sh*t happens on the weekends, when everyone on here is out skiing with 10,000 others. its dangerous, expect danger...your adding to the problem...
both on and off the mountain most of the dumb sh*t happens on the weekends...but without weekends, you'd be doing nothing but delivering groceries by bicycle on nantucket for the winter months...so get over your local self.
shortski
:dis
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

has nothing to do with anything "local"...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

Killington Koyote wrote:2 people from the KSC were taken out by boarders
With 6 boarders being taken out this past weekend by trail-crossing, headwall loungin' KSC thugs, this number is truly disappointing. Boarders , we must triple ..., nay! quadruple our efforts till we have reached parity with this mindless green-jacket terrorists known as the K.S.C.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Haven't seen a thread like this before :? Damn snowboarders! :P
Oh, by the way, HS skis fast and is always in control when he threads a needle of 20 people at 100 mph. :lol: That section at the bottom of the canyon quad is an absolute disaster on weekends unless you hit it early. Just too many people threading that 10 ft rutt that develops...
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Where is Happy Hour ?
laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

I am here to post in this soon to be twelve page thread

Ice honestly I have more problems with boarders and not knowing where they're going

I'm pretty sure if I boarded exclusively I'd have the same issue you have with skiers

To all that complain about people STOP skiing mountains and trails where people are

If you're looking for peace quiet and solitude you aren't going to find it in NYC
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
Ballzout
Bumper

Post by Ballzout »

I guess there are no collisions ever at Taos, Deer Valley, Alta, & MRG ?
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Ballzout wrote:I guess there are no collisions ever at Taos, Deer Valley, Alta, & MRG ?

Taos allows those whose cause collisions. :banana:
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Ballzout wrote:I guess there are no collisions ever at Taos, Deer Valley, Alta, & MRG ?
Crap... SPORE snuck in his dancing banana before mine....

Taos has big collision issues now that they allow snowboarding. :banana:

KMart had collision issues long before there were snowboards. The problem is too much uphill capacity for too few acres. The people causing the problem tend to be young and have a lot of testerosterone. What they have strapped to their feet doesn't make much difference.
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

Geoff wrote:
KMart had collision issues long before there were snowboards. The problem is too much uphill capacity for too few acres. The people causing the problem tend to be young and have a lot of testerosterone. What they have strapped to their feet doesn't make much difference.
Wrong, but this is the popular myth propagated by fat old idiots with zero testosterone (and even less skills on the hill).
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

zing