South Ridge Triple coming down?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

millerm277
Postaholic

Re: South Ridge Triple coming down?

Post by millerm277 »

Powderputz wrote:I do remember that Jug Handle seemed to hold its powder 15 minutes later than other areas of the mountain. Make that 20 on a quiet day.
Breakaway is always a good bet if you're looking for powder....even a day later a lot of the time.
magicman909
Beginner On Rentals

Post by magicman909 »

The chairs are down & they are for sale. Another Powda innovation that screws the skiers. South Ridge is a great ski area on powder days & gives access to the whole mountain without traversing through Sky Peak to get to the Gondola. Its all about the $$$, just like closing Bear Mountain early, when there's a ton of snow there. Its time to let Killington know that we are fed up with their gradual deterioration of our ski experience. WRITE & COMPLAIN!
millerm277
Postaholic

Post by millerm277 »

magicman909 wrote:The chairs are down & they are for sale. Another Powda innovation that screws the skiers. South Ridge is a great ski area on powder days & gives access to the whole mountain without traversing through Sky Peak to get to the Gondola. Its all about the $$$, just like closing Bear Mountain early, when there's a ton of snow there. Its time to let Killington know that we are fed up with their gradual deterioration of our ski experience. WRITE & COMPLAIN!

We know all of this already, hell, it's even all said in the thread already, AND this thread is from 3 months ago.
K Ski Patroler
Black Carver

Post by K Ski Patroler »

magicman909 wrote:The chairs are down & they are for sale. Another Powda innovation that screws the skiers. South Ridge is a great ski area on powder days & gives access to the whole mountain without traversing through Sky Peak to get to the Gondola. Its all about the $$$, just like closing Bear Mountain early, when there's a ton of snow there. Its time to let Killington know that we are fed up with their gradual deterioration of our ski experience. WRITE & COMPLAIN!
This past year they ran it 8 times and tore it down because the parts were to expensive to replace. (Old Yan parts)
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

millerm277 wrote:

We know all of this already, hell, it's even all said in the thread already, AND this thread is from 3 months ago.
HELL, the chairs have already been sold. Someone is digging a bit too hard to bitch. I do agree, getting out of Bear will really suck unless the re-open Snowshed Crossover or whatever that trail is called today.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

K Ski Patroler wrote:
This past year they ran it 8 times and tore it down because the parts were to expensive to replace. (Old Yan parts)
Magic Man - Are you just a shill? How long before you start trying to get us to go to Magic Mountain instead?

K Ski Patroler - Thank you for another nice, informative post. Do you happen to know if K is being honest when they say they plan to put a new lift in there someday? And when that day might be?
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

Chair #144 is now sitting in my yard leaning against the pool fence.
This coming week I will sink the timbers and hang the crossbar, hopefully get the hangar welded and installed, with my goal to take a matching photo to the 05/01/2011 dated 11/01/2011 but with the background my backyard.

We had a wonderful day yesterday. Drove up to pick up the chair. Gave my wife and her sister and BIL a tour of TRL.
Lunch at Long Trail Brewing. Got the wifey the sampler and found out her favorite is Hibernator with a little bit of lemon.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tripplebag!!!!
For Shortski, did Garrett relay my hello?
Went on to Quechee and did all the shops there. In addition to the chair we brought home a case of Hibernator two four packs of Tripplebag, four bottles of fruity wine, some cheese and other junk.
A really great day. VEERY surprised at the leaves still on the trees. Past peak, but not past the foliage season entirely as I had expected. LOTS of folks at every stop.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
medira
Green Skidder

Post by medira »

I'm so glad you were able to get the chair, Stache! I hope it all comes together by November 1st. :)
People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
K Ski Patroler
Black Carver

Post by K Ski Patroler »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
K Ski Patroler wrote:
Magic Man - Are you just a shill? How long before you start trying to get us to go to Magic Mountain instead?

K Ski Patroler - Thank you for another nice, informative post. Do you happen to know if K is being honest when they say they plan to put a new lift in there someday? And when that day might be?
YES, they still plan to upgrade the Snowdon Quad to a HSQ and move the old one to South Ridge. (This is planned for a year or two after the Peak Lodge is complete.)
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

when did this happen
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
Jim
Slalom Racer

Post by Jim »

can't believe they are charging $300 a chair.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

what was it PT Barnum said
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

NOice... :like
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

What? Are they too cheap to give you the seat pad?