Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Stache
Poster Child Poster

Mt. Snow First to Open????

Post by Stache »

From Ski Vermont Facebook page:

Ski Vermont
BREAKING NEWS: @Mount Snow is planning to blow snow tomorrow and Friday, on top of some anticipated natural snow fall! Mount Snow will open with one lift and a jib park this Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.-m - 4:00 p.m. Tickets will be $10 for hikers or lift riders with proceeds going toward local Irene recovery efforts.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Re: Mt. Snow First to Open????

Post by BoozeTan »

Hardly counts as "open"
Im doing the same thing in my backyard and all proceeds go to me....
Gangsta Rider
Postaholic

Post by Gangsta Rider »

If the tiny Jib / Slush park that they open up counts...Guess just wait and see.
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

My freezer opened first with plenty of coverage. A little icy though. :mrgreen:
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Stache wrote:From Ski Vermont Facebook page:

Ski Vermont
BREAKING NEWS: @Mount Snow is planning to blow snow tomorrow and Friday, on top of some anticipated natural snow fall! Mount Snow will open with one lift and a jib park this Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.-m - 4:00 p.m. Tickets will be $10 for hikers or lift riders with proceeds going toward local Irene recovery efforts.
+1 for effort and a good cause.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Marc Shepherd
Black Carver

Post by Marc Shepherd »

BoozeTan wrote:Hardly counts as "open"
And yet, these are the "bragging rights" that some here seem to think are so valuable.
newpylong
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong »

Marc Shepherd wrote:
And yet, these are the "bragging rights" that some here seem to think are so valuable.
No one really brags about this. The mountain doesn't even consider this as really being open, certainly not 'first' to open. It's just fun and for a good cause.
laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

I dunno we had a really good time a couple of years back. For $10 it's sliding on snow. I really could care less
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

newpylong wrote:
Marc Shepherd wrote:
No one really brags about this. The mountain doesn't even consider this as really being open, certainly not 'first' to open. It's just fun and for a good cause.

Exactly! (okay and to maybe also do a little extended test run of their post Irene flooded out pumphouse to make sure that everything is in working order under "real" conditions).

Mount Snow is targeting a November 19th official opening, which is when they anticipate having their new bubble six pack up and running

Good luck to K getting open 1st and getting some much deserved GREAT media publicity after all that's happened in the last few months!! :like
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Hey, spinning a lift and selling tickets? That's open. Not going to split hairs over this one. I expect Mt. Snow and Sunday River to get open on a slushy surface, with Killington to follow a day or two later with far better conditions. I'm hoping for Monday, anything sooner would be a bonus.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

They have done this before, and have a strong turnout.....it's crowded. People will come from 2 hours away. Don't hold your breath though, if they don't get the proper temps it just won't happen with the fan guns.....there's like a 4 degree range around 28F where they go from reasonable output to nearly no output.

This is not like Killington running the guns at 35F during the day with lots of air because they already have them running.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

I think all you locals should scrape out the built up ice in your freezers and bring it over to the Dark Side. Get their little jib park open by Friday afternoon. Problem solved.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Boy oh boy, four years of Powdr ownership have really done a number on the psyche of some Killington diehards.

Another resort opens something early -- earlier than Killington, anyway -- and some folks here simply sneer that that ain't real skiin'.

Congratulations, Powdr. Between this and the so-what shoulder-shrug reaction to the death of the BMMC ("who cares, the party was already dead anyway"), you've demonstrated one very important truth: if you can outlast the initial outrage over stupid and/or selfish business decisions, it's pretty much guaranteed that most folks, given time, will meekly accept almost any new normal.
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters