tt431
Post Office

Re: Winter Storm Watch for Kton

Post by tt431 »

pwdrskier
Blue Chatterbox

Post by pwdrskier »

Atomic1 wrote:NOT TO BE THE KILL-JOY BUT HEAVY WET SNOW is what they are calling for and if it is anything like we experienced here in Ct. a few weeks ago, prepare for power failures. By the way we were without power for 9 days here in CT. after the storm.

But I'm heading up with Mrs.Atomic and my daughter Thur-Sun !
CT lost power cause leaves were on the trees when it snowed. And since it was heavy wet snow it broke branches tht pulled down wires. in VT the leaves aren't on trees so that should not happen
http://www.youtube.com/user/SkiBumFilms

2011/2012
Killington- 47 days
Pico- 1 day
2012/2013
Killington- 5days
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Atomic1 wrote:
daytripper wrote:
bonk2boy wrote:I'd imagine most of the leaves from the foliage are off the trees by now in Vermont. Can someone up there confirm? My understanding was that this was the big problem with the October snow.
no leaves left on the trees on the mountain, heavy wet snow should not be a problem.
Yes but the power does not START ON THE MTN. The Power starts down in the Valleys and the wires bring it UP the Mtn.... What is the leaves/tree situation from KBL down ?
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:
daytripper wrote:
bonk2boy wrote:I'd imagine most of the leaves from the foliage are off the trees by now in Vermont. Can someone up there confirm? My understanding was that this was the big problem with the October snow.
no leaves left on the trees on the mountain, heavy wet snow should not be a problem.
Yes but the power does not START ON THE MTN. The Power starts down in the Valleys and the wires bring it UP the Mtn.... What is the leaves/tree situation from KBL down ?
You should not post anymore today. Thank you.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

OK..KOOL .. rock-n-roll !... Remember somebody has to think of the WHAT-if's....if you recall I was the one that told you to build the Ark before storm Irene.....just saying.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:OK..KOOL .. rock-n-roll !... Remember somebody has to think of the WHAT-if's....if you recall I was the one that told you to build the Ark before storm Irene.....just saying.
From the guy who said Moses built the Ark.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Up to 8" of base building snow? Cool! Worried about downed power lines due to snow in Vermont? You guys are LOL idiots. :roll:
Nevada West
Postaholic

Post by Nevada West »

junior wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:OK..KOOL .. rock-n-roll !... Remember somebody has to think of the WHAT-if's....if you recall I was the one that told you to build the Ark before storm Irene.....just saying.
WTF is wrong with him?

junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

rogman wrote:Up to 8" of base building snow? Cool! Worried about downed power lines due to snow in Vermont? You guys are LOL idiots. :roll:
You guys ? What ?

I only see one LOL idiot here worried about downed power lines due to snow in Vermont. Do not lump the rest of us smart folks in with that one idiot. Thank you.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

junior wrote:
UM..not exactly, if I recall correctly the question you posed to me was " how many of each animal did MOSES put on the Ark ? So it was YOU who put Moses on board.....

So far this year, I have felt the EARTHQUAKE, had Tornadoes hit close to home, seen the destruction IN VERMONT from a hurricane, been without power for 8 day's in CT. because of a Snowstorm in OCT....so I'm not ruling out ANYTHING ! AND if the power goes out....I'll remind you who the idiots are ..thank-you.
Streamtracker
Black Carver

Post by Streamtracker »

This is a reminder to certain commenters that the KZone is a karmic energy lens that focuses psychic energy onto the atmosphere gently veiling the majestic peaks of the Killington snow playground. Although this lens is equipped with negative energy filters (please observe what happens when you post a comment with the common four letter word beginning with "r" that designates wet precipitation), if too many KZone posters are posting negative thoughts, the filter can be overwhelmed and the result is wet precipitation, prolonged warm spells, months without powder, etc.

If you have the urge to post negative thoughts, please take two :chill pills, and slowly step away from the keyboard.

Peace out! The Snow Yogis
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I think it works the other way around....YOU EXPECT THE WORSE and then ENJOY THE BEST. !
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:
junior wrote:
UM..not exactly, if I recall correctly the question you posed to me was " how many of each animal did MOSES put on the Ark ? So it was YOU who put Moses on board.....

So far this year, I have felt the EARTHQUAKE, had Tornadoes hit close to home, seen the destruction IN VERMONT from a hurricane, been without power for 8 day's in CT. because of a Snowstorm in OCT....so I'm not ruling out ANYTHING ! AND if the power goes out....I'll remind you who the idiots are ..thank-you.
Potential nominee for K-Zone Hall of Fame?
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Atomic1 wrote:
junior wrote:

Pretty Impressive...Just curious how a Tropical Storm made landfall and then managed to strengthen into a Hurricane as it moved inland.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

SPORE wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
junior wrote:

Pretty Impressive...Just curious how a Tropical Storm made landfall and then managed to strengthen into a Hurricane as it moved inland.

You are correct , it was OFFICIALLY DOWNGRADED to a Tropical Storm..with nothing to worry about as it meanders inland.....REALLY ,tell that to shortski !