Attn: Killington Employees

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Phantom
Slalom Racer

Re: Attn: Killington Employees

Post by Phantom »

Phantom wrote:We need T-shirts :lol:
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Bubba wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:
Coydog wrote:Of course, they didn't reduce everything at once, so it's harder for the average customer to perceive - i.e. the "boiling frog syndrome."
Sounds like we have a new Killington mascot!

You need to work the current K logo with K doing a faceplant into the mix. Maybe on the outside of the pot?
Best I could do with paint and 5 minutes

Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

Stormchaser wrote:POWDR is taking your jobs. Lifties and ticket checkers won't start till 8:30 next year. That time is coming out of your paychecks. POWDR has cut the ski season (job time) by 12.5%. Now they cut your day by 6.25%. Almost 20% of your paycheck, gone.

Are you being told not to scan folks early morning, or late day, or late in the spring? Now you know why. Spring skiing, late morning...what's next? No Southridge replacement because the "scanning data" shows no one ever skied there? Take a stand, save your jobs.
folks that work on the mountain such as the lifties show up for work long before the lifts open and are there working after lifts closed. For many this change would make a 10+ hr workday into a 9 1/2+ hour workday. It saves K on paying some overtime as well as not forcing employees to work 50+ hrs a week especially holiday periods.

And as I posted several years ago, what they scan and where and when is not made public. They are not providing data that says hey look, x number of skiers at 8am but x number of skiers at 9am. All of their data is private and they do not need to intentially not collect it just to prove their point.
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

skiingsnow wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:POWDR is taking your jobs. Lifties and ticket checkers won't start till 8:30 next year. That time is coming out of your paychecks. POWDR has cut the ski season (job time) by 12.5%. Now they cut your day by 6.25%. Almost 20% of your paycheck, gone.

Are you being told not to scan folks early morning, or late day, or late in the spring? Now you know why. Spring skiing, late morning...what's next? No Southridge replacement because the "scanning data" shows no one ever skied there? Take a stand, save your jobs.
folks that work on the mountain such as the lifties show up for work long before the lifts open and are there working after lifts closed. For many this change would make a 10+ hr workday into a 9 1/2+ hour workday. It saves K on paying some overtime as well as not forcing employees to work 50+ hrs a week especially holiday periods.

And as I posted several years ago, what they scan and where and when is not made public. They are not providing data that says hey look, x number of skiers at 8am but x number of skiers at 9am. All of their data is private and they do not need to intentially not collect it just to prove their point.
Did you graduate from Highschool? If not, did you earn a GED?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

skiingsnow wrote: And as I posted several years ago, what they scan and where and when is not made public. They are not providing data that says hey look, x number of skiers at 8am but x number of skiers at 9am. All of their data is private and they do not need to intentially not collect it just to prove their point.
I believe the management team does use those numbers to make decisions about operations, in the privacy of whatever board room they occupy...
ImageImageImageImage
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

shortski wrote: Best I could do with paint and 5 minutes

Truly inspired, absolutely tee-shirt worthy.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

skiingsnow wrote: And as I posted several years ago, what they scan and where and when is not made public. They are not providing data that says hey look, x number of skiers at 8am but x number of skiers at 9am. All of their data is private and they do not need to intentially not collect it just to prove their point.
So what you're saying is they can't be trusted? Thanks, but I think most people here already knew that.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Coydog wrote:
shortski wrote: Best I could do with paint and 5 minutes

Truly inspired, absolutely tee-shirt worthy.
You can send my cut of the profits to the SkippySnow Santorum College Fund.

A mind is a terrible thing and it should be stopped at all cost.
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Last Saturday at 8:30 in the Main Parking Lot (K1) I would of guess more cars were there then week days this week. In another thought is Pwdr just ASC in disguise using revenue from the Mountain to pay the interest on a poor real estate investment in the area. Early December it was extremly busy for Killington on the limited terrain as the only game in town, its hard to believe that not many beans were left at the end of the day and they need to cut the ski day. An easy solution if it is a Mountain Ops issue is groom less.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Stormchaser wrote: 1+1=3.
:dis
shortski
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Who dat? Welcome back and don't be a stranger.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:

If you go back and read my post, I never suggested directly adding 12.5 to 6.25, and had you read a bit further, you may have noticed that with Clutch's help, the math now eliminates any estimates or educated guesses. But it's always nice to hear from you Hal...turns out 1+1 actually equals closer to 4.
ImageImageImageImage
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote: You need to work the current K logo with K doing a faceplant into the mix. Maybe on the outside of the pot?

They're stirring that pot for sure.

boiling_k_frog by beezskis, on Flickr
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

Hal U. Dewin wrote: :dis
:shock:
AntiSoCalSkier
Beginner On Rentals

Post by AntiSoCalSkier »

I don't usually comment (since I'm not a Killington skier), but the original intent of this thread definitely needs some commentary from the resort employee side. I work for a different resort in New England as a part-time ski instructor, and we are acutely aware of the decisions being made from the operations side. At least at my resort, many of the traditional employee benefits have been cut back. We've had discounts removed, parties cancelled and scaled back, and hours cut back. At the same time (at least among my colleagues) we're very much aware of the fact that the decisions made at high level are negatively affecting our customers. I've been taking out larger groups, and dealing with the fact that we started our season late, so our customers (despite having paid the same) have lost 3 weeks from the season.

What really kills me about this industry is that when we have bad years we (both employees and customers) are expected to silently put up with the cuts (shorter hours, less pay, etc), yet when the resort has a good year, none of that gets passed along. They still close in mid-April, we never see pay increases, etc.