Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Killington Making Snow Tonight

Post by gpetrics »

wahoo!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Heck, had I known and was there today, I'd valet his skis to the summit.
You Rock Mike! :like
Forever .. Goat Path
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

skiingsnow wrote:From facebook, "Snowmaking on Rime started this morning. The new boss is committed. Are you?"
Wow... Rock Ski's and all.

This guy's approach is a complete 180 from Nyberg's. How can that be allowed, tollerated, whatever... Either Way. I guess we will see if all of the "first to open last to close" crowd are correct about returning skier visits to K.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

jimmywilson69 wrote:
skiingsnow wrote:From facebook, "Snowmaking on Rime started this morning. The new boss is committed. Are you?"
Wow... Rock Ski's and all.

This guy's approach is a complete 180 from Nyberg's. How can that be allowed, tollerated, whatever... Either Way. I guess we will see if all of the "first to open last to close" crowd are correct about returning skier visits to K.
It's all about the HYPE.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

This guy has gone on a full court press with "the press", a "blow for show", and now him walking up Rime with Rock Skis and snow guns blarring on October 11th.

Hype is an understatement. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

This is exciting. Made me just impulse buy a pair of new skis...

Can't wait... Skiing Saturday morning anyone? Should be enough blown by then to get some decent turns in...
ImageImageImageImage
laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

He's TIPPING HIS HAT!!!!

actually a hat tip is in order from me, well played sir!
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

jimmywilson69 wrote: I guess we will see if all of the "first to open last to close" crowd are correct about returning skier visits to K.
I think the positive energy being generated by a return to old ways will certainly be a positive but I doubt it will be the only reason skier visits turn. That will happen over time. Decisions like this build momentum for the season, get people talking about snow and skiing/riding, get all the negative crap off the internet and starts to rebuild the brand. Look at what you're seeing here, on other message boards, and on their own Facebook page - customers are generating very positive buzz and that's a very valuable commodity, especially after the negativity of the Powdr years to date and the last years of ASC. It also builds community support, both here in Killington and around the local area that is so dependent on the resort as the economic engine. Everyone wants Killington to be successful and the renewal of the Killington brand is critical to that success. Now...bring on the snow! :banana:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KV
Bumper

Post by KV »

Just bought K58 tickets.....I wonder how many sales they get in the next 2 days due to the positive press!
millerm277
Postaholic

Post by millerm277 »

KV wrote:Just bought K58 tickets.....I wonder how many sales they get in the next 2 days due to the positive press!
Well, if they don't bump the deadline...zero. (Today is supposed to be the last day for K58's and Express Cards.) It'd be a very smart idea to bump it forward a week.

I just bought 4 though.
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

They put up another shot around 3:30pm of snowmaking, can anyone confirm if they fired back up late this afternoon or if that shot was from earlier this morning?
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

millerm277 wrote:
KV wrote:Just bought K58 tickets.....I wonder how many sales they get in the next 2 days due to the positive press!
Well, if they don't bump the deadline...zero. (Today is supposed to be the last day for K58's and Express Cards.) It'd be a very smart idea to bump it forward a week.

I just bought 4 though.
Renewed our Express Cards today... but I was planning on doing it anyhow.
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

Bought a couple food and beverage cards today just to show support. Planning on using them at the U-bar in the spring.
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

The snow/fog has cleared up on the north ridge cam, does not look like any snowmaking is underway...