Kelcy Quarles and Michael Sam

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Kelcy Quarles and Michael Sam

Post by Atomic1 »

Walk on FA Kelcy Quarles was the last cut by the Giants and I'm sure they wanted to stash him on the practice squad but he was quickly scooped up by the Patriots and you can write it down this kid will be a very good player for the Pats at DT .
Meanwhile after all the media hoopla gay DE Michael Sam was cut by the Rams and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Giants Uniform as word is he is a very good DE . Worth a shot !
freeski
Post Office

Re: Kelcy Quarles and Michael Sam

Post by freeski »

Sam was picked 249th out of 256 in the draft and no team picked him up when he was released. Maybe if he works hard on the practice squad he can make the team next year. Freaked me out when they showed him kissing his buddy when he was drafted, but he doesn't seem to push his lifestyle. Hope he is successful and happy in what he chooses to do.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:Sam was picked 249th out of 256 in the draft and no team picked him up when he was released. Maybe if he works hard on the practice squad he can make the team next year. Freaked me out when they showed him kissing his buddy when he was drafted, but he doesn't seem to push his lifestyle. Hope he is successful and happy in what he chooses to do.
It was shown over and over to do just that, freak you out.

The LGBT community is nothing if not in your face with all their business.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Yawn. It's not like there aren't in-the-closet gay players in the NFL.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Getting back to the guy the Patriots grabbed off the Giants practice Squad Kelcy Quarles was a defensive teammate for the South Carolina Gamecocks along with overall #1 pick Jadeveon Clowney ! As a matter of fact Clowney thanked Quarles for the job he did in front of him engaging the off. lineman and rb's at DT making it easier for Clowney to do his thing at LB.
I would of rather the Giants cut one of the older DT's on the roster and kept Quarles as I think he will be a fine player for years to come !
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Geoff wrote:Yawn. It's not like there aren't in-the-closet gay players in the NFL.
Util they come out we don't know that to be true unless you want to break some news here.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Geoff wrote:Yawn. It's not like there aren't in-the-closet gay players in the NFL.
Util they come out we don't know that to be true unless you want to break some news here.
WAY back when Imus was sort of funny he interviewed a QB. They QB said he was invited to a tackle's room for a beer. Once inside the Tackle decided he wanted a little piece of said QB. Pretty sure it was a well known Cowboy but don't remember the names.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Not sure why but the Pats just cut Quarles ! Hmmmmm, wonder what the story is ? User ? Can't read the playbook or just filling a more urgent need. We shall see how it all plays out because this guy looked like he could play !