NSC: My world will come to an end.....

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Re: NSC: My world will come to an end.....

Post by ME2VTSkier »

I remember Milwaukee's Best being about $7.95/case. With the hangovers to match.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Haffenreffer, old english 800, ballantine quarts w the puzzle on the cap...

my grandfather always drank schmidts, we'd always say drink two schmidts take two schidts...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
lifeisgood
Bumper

Post by lifeisgood »

Or, how about this one:
Attachments
20000529JBMarsha0529M.jpg
20000529JBMarsha0529M.jpg (27.49 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Do what you like.
Like what you do.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:There's always Genny Cream Ale.
In college, we called them Genny Screamers...because they would scream right out of your butt the next morning. And then there were PBRs, Meister Brau, Milwaukees Best and the worst of all, Black Label. All wicked hangover inducing beers. Butt on a college budget, you had to make do.

SnoBrdr still sucks, out.
Natural Light - Swill of choice in my college years. Buy a 6 pack to funnel. :banana:
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

speaking of beer I saw someone post madhatter beer...

all through the 90's and into the early 2000's madhatter brewed hundreds of cases of homebrew, most were dark high hopped stouts and IPA's w a fairly high alcohol content, like what's popular now... I can remember one particular thanksgiving evening when a number of friends and neighbors showed up impromptu, we ended up quick cooling a couple cases by submerging them in the pool cover's still unfrozen but very cold water...good times...

I started w kits, then modified kits, then malt syrups w fresh hops or hop pellets and even did a few mashes....eventually it became much easier to simply go buy good beer than it was to make and bottle it....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

madhatter wrote: ballantine quarts w the puzzle on the cap...
After the fourth beer the puzzles seemed to get harder.

One of my favorites Olde Fort Schulyer beer only $3.99 per case in the early 70's. It was "the beer drinker's beer."
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

madhatter wrote:speaking of beer I saw someone post madhatter beer...

all through the 90's and into the early 2000's madhatter brewed hundreds of cases of homebrew, most were dark high hopped stouts and IPA's w a fairly high alcohol content, like what's popular now... I can remember one particular thanksgiving evening when a number of friends and neighbors showed up impromptu, we ended up quick cooling a couple cases by submerging them in the pool cover's still unfrozen but very cold water...good times...

I started w kits, then modified kits, then malt syrups w fresh hops or hop pellets and even did a few mashes....eventually it became much easier to simply go buy good beer than it was to make and bottle it....
Making beer is fun, bottling it sucks, takes to long and makes a mess, plus you only get one shot at getting it carbed to where you want it. Thats why I started kegging, it takes 5 minutes to do, and if the beer isnt carbed enough I just turn up the co2.
Dr Z
Powderhound

Post by Dr Z »

lifeisgood wrote:Or, how about this one:
The calendars were the only reason to buy it. Just about everyone in the house had one, right next to the Playboy one for perspective. :P

I am - entertainment for the lift line!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

daytripper wrote:
madhatter wrote:speaking of beer I saw someone post madhatter beer...

Making beer is fun, bottling it sucks, takes to long and makes a mess, plus you only get one shot at getting it carbed to where you want it. Thats why I started kegging, it takes 5 minutes to do, and if the beer isnt carbed enough I just turn up the co2.
Nice...Doubt I drink enough beer nowadays to make it worth my while, but that sounds like the way to go...
mach es sehr schnell

IronMan WannaB
Bumper

Post by IronMan WannaB »

Big brewers have been getting their butts kicked over the years due to micro brewers tapping into the maket. Sure the big guys make consistant brew and very good for style they had chosen to make. The price is also low. Consumers are driving the market and choosing more variety and not sticking with brand loyalty. Big brewers got complacent and now are paying the price by losing market share. Long trail beer tasted quite different this past year and not for the good. More bitter finish. Didn't INBEV buy them out. Is LT starting to cut costs in the ingredients? Not you local brewery anymore.
Sparky
One of the kids your mothers wouldn't let you play with.