Two week weather outlook

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ejrides
Black Carver

Re: Two week weather outlook

Post by ejrides »

There have been a few years that OL hasn't opened until January, this most likely will be one of them. I wouldn't bother booking a trip out west in December either, the current forecasts for the next 3 weeks in all of North America are iffy at best. We're heading up to K this weekend through the end of the year, and bringing our passports for a diversionary trip north for a few days.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Nothing iffy about bases of 25-30" out West.
Dig early season Rockies groomed natural all day, any day :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:Nothing iffy about bases of 25-30" out West.

More than just the groomers going on out there. Summit County gotz the goodz yo!!
ejrides
Black Carver

Post by ejrides »

Fair enough :)
Nothing against groomers, but not what I'm after when I take a trip. What I meant was temps above normal for all of North America in December, and the potential for r***.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

ejrides wrote:

Fair enough :)
Nothing against groomers, but not what I'm after when I take a trip. What I meant was temps above normal for all of North America in December, and the potential for r***.
Not gonna rane at elevation (read: at the ski areas) in The Rockies. Not until April/May anyway. All precip will be the good kind out there.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

In the same vein they you can thank me for the stellar season last year, you can blame me for the crappy winter this year... I bought a snow blower two weeks ago.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

spanky wrote:In the same vein they you can thank me for the stellar season last year, you can blame me for the crappy winter this year... I bought a snow blower two weeks ago.
Healthy and ready to return to ski AND you purchased a Snow Thrower! It ain't gona snow no mo this season.
:smash
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
eagle628
Green Skidder

Post by eagle628 »

spanky wrote:In the same vein they you can thank me for the stellar season last year, you can blame me for the crappy winter this year... I bought a snow blower two weeks ago.
I bought a plow for my truck. We can share the blame. Strangely enough, the bank still expects to get paid, despite the fact I'm not making any money with the damn thing.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Still too early to place blame...ain't even Solstice yet.
Hey...at least we're open here :like
Imagine being a Lake Tahoe-ite last couple years :cry:

Neighbor bought a new generator and transfer switch.
They don't ski. I've been putting it on them big time.

Attend Church .. lite candles ... burn huge bambu :idea:

Forever .. Goat Path
firsttime
Beginner On Rentals

Post by firsttime »

Making my first trip to Killington this year stumbled upon this board in my searches online. Looking at the trail map and given the current weather by Jan 7 would the "skyeship" gondola be online? Also how about Bear Mountain or much of the tree skiing?

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

me too! at least i didn't get snows for my car which would have been the real kiss of death to the season.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

skiadikt wrote:
me too! at least i didn't get snows for my new car.
I don't think snow tires qualify. Too many people use them. As a matter of fact, I bought snows last year and it was a good season.

Of course, I haven't put the snows on yet this year.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

wolf's creek in colorado has received 116" ytd. nothing iffy about that ...
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

spanky wrote:
skiadikt wrote:
me too! at least i didn't get snows for my new car.
I don't think snow tires qualify. Too many people use them. As a matter of fact, I bought snows last year and it was a good season.

Of course, I haven't put the snows on yet this year.
since neither of us has used them, maybe we should both return our snow blowers.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

firsttime wrote:Making my first trip to Killington this year stumbled upon this board in my searches online. Looking at the trail map and given the current weather by Jan 7 would the "skyeship" gondola be online? Also how about Bear Mountain or much of the tree skiing?

Welcome to the craziness.

Skyeship opens stage II first well before Christmas, followed by the first Bear lift, the Skye Peak Express. Bear opens the week before Christmas in a good year, during Christmas week in a so-so year, and after New Years in a bad year. Stage I Skyeship is usually after Bear.

Tree skiing is totally storm dependent, no one here can forecast January 7th conditions. The last few years there has been a decent Christmas, usually week before, storm.

Few areas have the firepower Killington does, and this may be the kind of year where that matters.