Season Pass pricing explained

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

icedtea
Guru Poster

Re: Season Pass pricing explained

Post by icedtea »

I think SB giving free spring pass with purchase .
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

Bizzaro way of looking at it I know butt......
Every employee that works at Killington for their Season Pass (and maybe one for a dependent or more) just received a major cut in pay.

Even more bizzaro, if we got 1099'd on the face value of it, then the price drop is a good thing. Drop in pay = drop in taxes.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
teletimg
Beginner On Rentals

Post by teletimg »

madhatter wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:I dont think the elimination of the blackout pass is a big deal. I wonder why they did away with the beast bucks though. that was a really nice little perk for returning pass holders
:like :like
Kind of funny how all the Unlimited people think it is "No Big Deal". Fact of the matter is Mike wants the blackout people to move up to the unlimited to finance the price drop of that pass. No thank you.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

My understanding is they could not offer cross property reciprocity with Copper etc as a result of the agreements in place for the MAX pass contract.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Perhaps they should offer a Whiteout Pass .. only good on days when this resort gets more than a foot of natural.
We'd take a hard look at that sucker. :lol:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

teletimg wrote:
madhatter wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:I dont think the elimination of the blackout pass is a big deal. I wonder why they did away with the beast bucks though. that was a really nice little perk for returning pass holders
:like :like
Kind of funny how all the Unlimited people think it is "No Big Deal". Fact of the matter is Mike wants the blackout people to move up to the unlimited to finance the price drop of that pass. No thank you.
yep, I live here, I ski a bunch of days, bike a bunch more...100/mo ( or less) for 12 mo lift access simply isn't a big deal for me...paid more for a K pass pre-ASC when 1k bux actually was considered a good chunk of change...

I get that blackout people are upset, I understand...my bro wanted to buy a blackout pass, but he's buying the unlimited...his reaction was something like "whatever , it is what it is"...followed by " do I still have to buy a spring pass next year too? ( no) "SWEET!!!"

in the end most people who ski K will still buy the pass and try to get a little more out of it... few more days, few more runs each day, maybe a holiday or two...on the down side for K, when people feel like they pay top buck, they expect top notch, and are rarely satisfied w anything...expect the bitching to increase exponentially....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Ive been a blackout pass or college pass holder the entire time Ive been at killington 20+ years, never had an unlimited pass and ya I still think its not a big deal. lots of whinny ppl around here
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Let's look at it another way. The $100 increase spread over a 6 or 7 month season is about $15 per month. Skip buying a beer or two per month at resort bars and you're even. Drive further to Sugarbush or Stowe every weekend and spend that on gas instead.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Bubba wrote:Let's look at it another way. The $100 increase spread over a 6 or 7 month season is about $15 per month. Skip buying a beer or two per month at resort bars and you're even. Drive further to Sugarbush or Stowe every weekend and spend that on gas instead.

And 2 more hours in the car and 100+ more miles on the car ( each trip ) - for a little more snow maybe depending on the storm.........and alot less snowmaking early and late season. ( although Stowe will probably get better about that ).
Mistergiff
Black Carver

Post by Mistergiff »

I really appreciate the update from Mike. I was initially annoyed with the extra cost and the loss of the beast $ but whatever it is what it is. We own property here not like we would go elsewhere anyway. The well reasoned decision making from Mike along with what we're hearing about World Cup, investment at Bear, and finally a South Ridge lift all makes it easier to handle the extra $.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

If he had started that statement with the announcement of a new SRQ, even scheduled so far out, Most of the Zoners here would be cheering to pay more for a pass this year!

:lol:
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

ME2VTSkier wrote:If he had started that statement with the announcement of a new SRQ, even scheduled so far out, Most of the Zoners here would be cheering to pay more for a pass this year!

I agree, I feel a little better now that we are getting something, I am assuming we get nothing this summer though.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

daytripper wrote:
ME2VTSkier wrote:If he had started that statement with the announcement of a new SRQ, even scheduled so far out, Most of the Zoners here would be cheering to pay more for a pass this year!

I agree, I feel a little better now that we are getting something, I am assuming we get nothing this summer though.
More mountain biking trails and other summer excitement. Mike spent quite a bit of time explaining why their capital has gone to the "non-sexy" stuff for winter, i.e. snowmaking, over the past few years.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Bubba wrote:
daytripper wrote: More mountain biking trails and other summer excitement. Mike spent quite a bit of time explaining why their capital has gone to the "non-sexy" stuff for winter, i.e. snowmaking, over the past few years.
Are they doing more mountain biking trail expansion in summer of 2017? Any word on what and where?
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

I would commit to the unlimited right now if there was some sort of Spring promotion.

But I digress, going back to CO on Friday to resume skiing my 2nd rate Max Pass mountains and hang with BarnBoy.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh