Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Fox’s initial statement on the matter is that Smollett’s character was “not being written out of the show” and “Smollett continues to be a consummate professional on set“.

There is no MSM narrative. I literally commented on the initial/original statement issued by the network that produces Empire.

No idea what you’re talking about otherwise.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Fox’s initial statement on the matter is that Smollett’s character was “not being written out of the show” and “Smollett continues to be a consummate professional on set“.

There is no MSM narrative. I literally commented on the initial/original statement issued by the network that produces Empire.
I'm sure you don't because you don't think, you repeat...mindlessly...and when you finish parroting you give yourself a pat on the back smug in your convictions that you've nailed it...

meanwhile those of us who aren't controlled by your masters were easily able to see that :
between this and the covington lawsuit the media has been put on notice...do your due diligence BEFORE you report or face the consequences of your actions....about time too...MAGA!!!
which you snarkishly mocked with your "crazy" statement...punctuated with :shock: ( shock) :roll: eyeroll....so cocksure that you had "the real truth" ....ya know the truth you were told to believe...

you took the same bagggadouche approach to the NFL insisting that the anthem protests had no negative effect whatsoever ( and maybe even were a positive) ...ya know, what you were told to believe...

anyone who looked at it objectively could see that it was a stain on the league and that actions would be taken...

yer so wholeheartedly invested in the orange man bad trump derangement syndrome that you almost always have
No idea what you’re talking about otherwise.
cuz you start and end every supposed thought of yours with "orange man bad" anything to the contrary is immediately dismissed and/or ridiculed if it's even acknowledged at all...

you even ( lamely) attempted to define the word "new" to fit your TDS narrative...

there was a time when you were far more capable of discourse...can you recover from TDS? can you lose the NPC status once you've achieved it? or are both of these permanent afflictions?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

I was surprised Fox was alluding to the idea of keeping him on Empire.

The rest of your commentary falls under ad hominem.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I was surprised Fox was alluding to the idea of keeping him on Empire. really cuz shock w an eyeroll following it means only the stupid were actually shocked...nice try though...you know what your intent was...it just didn't pan out for you...kinda like the defining of the word "new"...

The rest of your commentary falls under ad hominem.
yeah that's kinda the point...YOUR reaction...and that reaction is "orange man bad"... before an action even takes place your reaction is "at the ready", no thought required...ya just do what they tell you....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Your "favorite" President at work:
When asked by a reporter if an MOU — which sets out the requirements and responsibilities of two parties entering contract negotiations — would be a "long term deal," Trump replied by saying that such agreements "don't mean anything."

"I think the MOU is going to very short term," he said.

"We expect to go into it. I don't like MOUs because they don't mean anything. You're better off just going into a document. I was never a fan an MOU," the president continued.

He was, however, interrupted by Lighthizer, who attempted to describe the legal meaning of the term: "An MOU is a contract. It's the way trade agreements are generally used. People refer to it like a term sheet. It's not a term sheet, it's an actual contract between two parties. A memorandum of understanding is a binding agreement between two people, and that's what we're talking about."

Trump then shot back, saying: "By the way, I disagree, I think that a memorandum of understanding is not a contract to extent that we want."

"We're doing a memorandum of understanding that will be put into a final contract I assume, but to me the final contract is really the thing Bob — and I think you mean that too — that means something."

The pair then went back and forth with one another, before Lighthizer eventually suggested that the team would do away with the term altogether to prevent confusion. They would from then on, Lighthizer said, call the MOU a "trade agreement."

"Good, I like that much better," Trump replied.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... lic-2019-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just hope Lighthizer can get some kind of agreement in place, even if just a return to status quo, before resigning in frustration.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

As RT reported Sunday, an Iranian submarine successfully carried out its first cruise missile deep-sea launch during a naval drill in the waters south of Iran. The drill was interpreted as a warning to the US following the return of US aircraft carriers to the region after a long absence, but it also took place within the context of wider Iranian naval drills in the Gulf, Strait of Hormuz and Sea of Oman.
nah...iran poses no threat of any type...
mach es sehr schnell

MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Kpdemello wrote:Your "favorite" President at work:
When asked by a reporter if an MOU — which sets out the requirements and responsibilities of two parties entering contract negotiations — would be a "long term deal," Trump replied by saying that such agreements "don't mean anything."

"We expect to go into it. I don't like MOUs because they don't mean anything. You're better off just going into a document. I was never a fan an MOU," the president continued.

He was, however, interrupted by Lighthizer, who attempted to describe the legal meaning of the term: "An MOU is a contract. It's the way trade agreements are generally used. People refer to it like a term sheet. It's not a term sheet, it's an actual contract between two parties. A memorandum of understanding is a binding agreement between two people, and that's what we're talking about."

Trump then shot back, saying: "By the way, I disagree, I think that a memorandum of understanding is not a contract to extent that we want."

"We're doing a memorandum of understanding that will be put into a final contract I assume, but to me the final contract is really the thing Bob — and I think you mean that too — that means something."

The pair then went back and forth with one another, before Lighthizer eventually suggested that the team would do away with the term altogether to prevent confusion. They would from then on, Lighthizer said, call the MOU a "trade agreement."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... lic-2019-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just hope Lighthizer can get some kind of agreement in place, even if just a return to status quo, before resigning in frustration.
Did you view the videotape? There's no need to be "told" anything by MSM. Watch the unedited tape; read his daily, unending tweets and judge for oneself. Watch and listen to interviews, read the transcripts. No need to be "told" anything by news services.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

MarieM wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:Your "favorite" President at work:

He was, however, interrupted by Lighthizer, who attempted to describe the legal meaning of the term: "An MOU is a contract. It's the way trade agreements are generally used. People refer to it like a term sheet. It's not a term sheet, it's an actual contract between two parties. A memorandum of understanding is a binding agreement between two people, and that's what we're talking about."actually, no it isn't as our favorite president goes on to explain...

I just hope Lighthizer can get some kind of agreement in place, even if just a return to status quo, why would we want to do that? before resigning in frustration.
Did you view the videotape? There's no need to be "told" anything by MSM. Watch the unedited tape; read his daily, unending tweets and judge for oneself. Watch and listen to interviews, read the transcripts. doesn't seem like you've done any of this...you just repeat the MSM narrative as if it's your own...ya gotta do what they tell you....No need to be "told" anything by news services.
clearly there is...
A memorandum of understanding (MOU or MoU) is a formal agreement between two or more parties. ... MOUs are not legally binding but they carry a degree of seriousness and mutual respect, stronger than a gentlemen's agreement. Often, MOUs are the first steps towards a legal contract.
pretty funny how you ( barely) useful idiots gobble this stuff up then parrot it with such conviction...ya gotta do what they tell you...but it still amazes me how gleefully you do it...

of course trump was absolutely correct in differentiating between an MOU and an actual signed trade agreement...

meanwhile you idiots are convinced that the billionaire president of the united states is an incompetent fool and you all are genius for pointing it out...hillaryous....not a shred of self awareness in any of you...

I even put a picture for you dopes...

hope that helps but somehow I doubt it will...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Who was Liu He laughing at? Himself? Reporters? Lightizer (appointed by Trump)? Trump?
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Who was Liu He laughing at? Himself? Reporters? Lightizer (appointed by Trump)? Trump?
Perhaps the comedic scene of his rival arguing with his own subordinate about the meaning of a very basic tool used regularly in international relations?

After that scene, I have no doubt the Chinese are going to eat Trump's lunch in this deal just like the Democrats did over the shutdown. He doesn't even have a basic understanding of what his own people are trying to accomplish.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Who was Liu He laughing at? Himself? Reporters? Lightizer (appointed by Trump)? Trump?
Perhaps the comedic scene of his rival arguing with his own subordinate about the meaning of a very basic tool used regularly in international relations?

After that scene, I have no doubt the Chinese are going to eat Trump's lunch in this deal just like the Democrats did over the shutdown. He doesn't even have a basic understanding of what his own people are trying to accomplish.

mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:

Maybe someone should send this to Trump and his appointed trade rep so they can align on key terms before a televised discussion with international leaders?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:

Maybe someone should send this to Trump and his appointed trade rep so they can align on key terms before a televised discussion with international leaders?
good god who the fvck cares? it's minuscule, inconsequential ( like nearly every "criticism" you idiots lob) though I'm sure ( like always) you all feel like you just nailed trump w yet another "gotcha"...

I suppose Lighthizer should have just STFU and let the boss do the talking or maybe they should have rehearsed w the reporter and made sure to have a canned answer to a pre-arranged question...in any case I'm not out in search of the perpetual gotcha and neither are many others so all these glancing blows you keep throwing don;t amount to much of anything in the grand scheme of things...just another way for you to justify your "orange man bad" credo to yourself...anyone who doesn't subscribe to that credo couldn't give two craps, it's an irrelevant metric...

I'd assume the laughter was because in china anyone who publicly disagreed w the leader would be summarily executed...
mach es sehr schnell

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Bring out the rat
We want the rat :like

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Yellen says Trump does not have grasp of macroeconomic policy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.market ... 3EF6867C21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe