Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Rez
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by Rez »

KPD doesn't like Trump because he lost his SALT deduction. You know what, I lost mine too. I pay over $20K/yr in real estate taxes alone between a house in a Boston suburb and half a house I own on the Cape. If I want to blame somebody I'll blame bloated budgets of the towns I live in and their inability to say no to any spending. I don't see why the federal government should subsidize local governments that can't control spending. Now wealthy people are leaving high tax states. Wait till all the baby boomers retire and move out of the MA, CA, IL, NY and NJ and move to lower tax states.

Trump has identified big problems or areas for improvement in our country and has at least made an attempt to solve them and in some cases has succeeded despite the Democrats and RINO's. The economy, immigration, China, taxes, ISIS. At least that's my opinion. The Democrats have done nothing to work on any problems. The only problem they see is the big threat to their power and that's Trump. Trump scares the crap out of them because they know Trump has struck a chord with a big chunk of working class American's that just want a little better life and are sick of Washington elites and do-nothings.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Kpdemello wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:OK, list Trump's successes and his failures.
Look I'm sorry but I don't really have the time or the desire to do that. I mean frankly at this point there's enough to write a pretty thick book about it. Hell, just print up all my past posts from this thread and you'll have enough bathroom reading material to last you a long time.
So you'd rather just complain. Got it.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Rez wrote:KPD doesn't like Trump because he lost his SALT deduction.
To be fair, that's not what I said. I used the tax bill as an example (which you asked for) of something Congress did that hurt me. I don't really give Trump much credit or blame for the tax bill. The Republican Congress wrote it, and Trump was going to sign whatever they gave him so long as it was called a tax "cut"

However, you are correct that I do not like Trump, though not really for the reasons you have stated. I think he's incompetent and a bit of a buffoon. I tend to favor the Republicans you call RINOs, like McCain, Romney, and their ilk. If you asked me who I wanted the Republicans to nominate, it would have been Kasich, and I would have voted for him over Clinton all day long.
Last edited by Kpdemello on Oct 31st, '19, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Mister Moose wrote:So you'd rather just complain. Got it.
I thought that was the point of this discussion board? :Toast
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
nope you just got called out for reusing to substantiate your argument in any way, shape, or form.....

let's see your big list of failures...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
Rez wrote:KPD doesn't like Trump because he lost his SALT deduction.
To be fair, that's not what I said. I used the tax bill as an example (which you asked for) of something Congress did that hurt me. except it didn't actually hurt you at all...I don't really give Trump much credit or blame for the tax bill. The Republican Congress wrote it, and Trump was going to sign whatever they gave him so long as it was called a tax "cut"yeah that's what happened...

However, you are correct that I do not like Trump Really? C'mon..., though not really for the reasons you have stated. I think he's incompetent and a bit of a buffoon.he's been highly effective you just dont like the outcome...that's not incompetence...you can call him a buffoon if you wish but that's only an opinion and one that has little bearing on his effectiveness...
buffoon[ buh-foon ]
noun
a person who amuses others by tricks, jokes, odd gestures and postures, etc.
a person given to coarse or undignified joking.

I tend to favor the Republicans you call RINOs, like McCain2008 loser, Romney, Pepé Le Pew? I mean Pierre delecto... 2012 loserand their ilk.ilk...yep... If you asked me who I wanted the Republicans to nominate, it would have been Kasich 1% of the primary vote loser who would have lost to clinton once the DNC/MSM smear machine went after him like they did to romney and mcstain..., and I would have voted for him over Clinton we didn't need your vote to beat her...all day long.
that's why we nominated trump...to win...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Kpdemello wrote:
.... needs more beer tho ....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I didn't see it during the Fall Classic, but the ad/commercial for Trump is well done ... it parrots many here. Who cares if he can't speak and is amoral ... he gets results.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0766645254
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I didn't see it during the Fall Classic, but the ad/commercial for Trump is well done ... it parrots many here. Who cares if he can't speak he speaks just fine...to millions...you just don't like his style...that's more a problem for you than him...I didn't like the stuttering sing song lecturing style of the sh!tstain though many swooned over it...every time I watched him I was asleep in five min or less...and is amoral your opinion/ assessment of his morality is irrelevant...... he gets results.

that's his job and that's why he was elected...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Huge October Payrolls Beat: 128K Jobs Added As Black Unemployment Rate Hits All Time Low
The unemployment rate rose modestly to 3.6% from a half-century low of 3.5%, and in line with expectations, while the unemployment rate for blacks dropped to a fresh all time lows.

The participation rate, or share of working-age people in the labor force, increased to 63.3% as more Americans reentered the workforce. The U-6 underemployment rate ticked up to 7% from the lowest since 2000; this number reflects part-time workers who’d prefer a full-time position and those who aren’t actively looking.

The GM strike may also have hit wages in October: average hourly earnings climbed 3% from a year earlier, matching projections after an upward revision the prior month, though the 0.2% monthly gain was below the 0.3% estimate.
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I didn't see it during the Fall Classic, but the ad/commercial for Trump is well done ... it parrots many here. Who cares if he can't speak and is amoral ... he gets results.

I think it's a very effective ad. The timing is curious, as the election is so far off, which makes me think the ad is designed to tilt public opinion against impeachment. It might work.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I didn't see it during the Fall Classic, but the ad/commercial for Trump is well done ... it parrots many here. Who cares if he can't speak and is amoral ... he gets results.

I think it's a very effective ad. The timing is curious, as the election is so far off, which makes me think the ad is designed to tilt public opinion against impeachment. It might work.
public opinion already is against impeachment...even more so in battleground states...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tru ... house-amid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump-Ukraine Whistleblower Suddenly Won't Testify; Lawyers Break Off Negotiations Amid New Revelations
"There is no indication that either of the original whistleblowers will be called to testify or appear before the Senate or House Intelligence committees. There is no further discussion ongoing between the legal team and the committees," said the Examiner's source.
There isn't enough popcorn in the world for what's coming.
Ya' all still think ya got him now...? that "things are different this time?"

what's gonna happen when the original 2nd hand whistleblower not only won't testify but is implicated in the russia hoax as well?

what happens if/when this latest attempt at removal is exposed as a hoax and blows up in D's faces? do you all finally come to grips w reality? or do you eagerly await the next swinging dick to come down the pike?
mach es sehr schnell

Rez
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Rez »

What we've seen from the left and Democrats the last three years is them accusing the president of doing things they are actually guilty of. Lie, obfuscate, accuse. Its how they cover up their own sins. Everything they've accused Trump of, they are guilty of themselves. With the media covering for them the whole way. It needs to blow up in their face and likely will. None of this is good for the country.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

:bull
.. "Everything .. blah blah " 8)
.. not even close .. :lol:

Florida won't save Magoo .. truth is gaining on him :like

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path