Killington plans for the season

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Killington Resort
The Beast

Killington plans for the season

Post by Killington Resort »

Here is information on the season:

It's a whole new season and your experience on the mountain is going to be different this winter, but we're excited to welcome winter and continue doing what we love in the outdoors. Read my letter and watch the video to get all the details on what winter will look like at Killington and Pico Mountain:
https://bit.ly/2Fjl9DI

thanks
Mike
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: Killington plans for the season

Post by MrsG »

Thank you Mike☺️
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Let the whining begin.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

1.) Will day ticket purchasers potentially be entirely locked out on high demand days?

2.) Will some pass holders potentially be locked out on high demand days?

3.) Will pass holders take priority over day ticket purchasers throughout the entire season?

4.) From what formula will Killington determine daily rider privileges?
ImageImageImageImage
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

.. hope they don't task the webmaster with creating the online reg system .. potential ugly user experience :sad:
Better up the speed on your bandwidth service :idea:

Without lodge access, women are not gonna be happy.
Booting up in the lot is not high on their bucket list.

Need a good splicer .. we've got rope and engines. 8)

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

God dammit that sounds miserable.

f*** China.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I think we will see less families because they are not doing any daycare or ministars or youth programs.

I bought a parking pass for Bay1 so I don't have to get up extra early on weekends to get a spot.

I have no problem booting up at the car as long as it not frigid temperatures. Also leaving your normal boots in the car will make them quite cold to change back into. I only have to change the right boot since I cannot drive with it on.
rower
Black Carver

Post by rower »

Has anyone see any information on condo buses?
LocalSanity
Blue Chatterbox

Post by LocalSanity »

The uphill policy is my biggest pet peeve. What harm is there in me skinning Pico in October? I hiked it in September. I skinned it last October. What's different?

What does "strictly enforced" mean? Are you going to have security guards risk getting within 6 feet of me?
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

LocalSanity wrote: Sep 10th, '20, 21:43 The uphill policy is my biggest pet peeve. What harm is there in me skinning Pico in October? I hiked it in September. I skinned it last October. What's different?

What does "strictly enforced" mean? Are you going to have security guards risk getting within 6 feet of me?
Probably different as there will be a lot more trails that have had snow making prior to opening than usual.
Don't Killington Pico
JJR
Green Skidder

Post by JJR »

I was wondering about the buses also. Will they be running, and if yes, how reservations will work? Should we start practicing driving with boots on?
ejrides
Black Carver

Post by ejrides »

LocalSanity wrote: Sep 10th, '20, 21:43 The uphill policy is my biggest pet peeve. What harm is there in me skinning Pico in October? I hiked it in September. I skinned it last October. What's different?

I think they're concerned about the potential numbers of inexperienced people who will do it. Most people who have been doing it for years know well to stay clear of mountain ops; there have been a few ugly incidents over the last few years where people were not respectful of that. Add in people who think it's safe to boot-pack up steep icy terrain and you begin to see the picture. Not as convenient, but there are plenty of places to skin off-piste.
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Sep 10th, '20, 15:22 I think we will see less families because they are not doing any daycare or ministars or youth programs.

I bought a parking pass for Bay1 so I don't have to get up extra early on weekends to get a spot.

I have no problem booting up at the car as long as it not frigid temperatures. Also leaving your normal boots in the car will make them quite cold to change back into. I only have to change the right boot since I cannot drive with it on.
Get a big box (or extra boxes) of the 8 to 10 hour hand warmers, throw a pack in your snow boot when you boot up at your car, stick another sock or glove your not using in the cuff of your snow boot with the hand warmer in it. Presto, you'll have a warm snow boot to change into, in your car, at the end of the day!

I always do this, but in the morning, when my kids had a race at an away mountain that I was driving to. Hand warmers in my ski boots , ski sock in the cuff of the boot, drive to whatever mountain they're racing at that day, have warm boots to put on at that area!
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

I see nothing about K tickets that were pre-purchased and can be used any day.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

My assumption is they're concerned about locked out skiers skinning when they can't get a lift ticket. Early season at Pico/before lifts spin, nbd I'd guess.
ImageImageImageImage