Name that lift

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Name that lift

Post by Mister Moose »

Instead of name that ski area. I'm looking at this photo, and I can't figure it out. The parking lot looks sort of like the Snowdon end of KBL, but the lift loading looks completely wrong for the Snowdon quad. Is this the Devils Fiddle Quad? But it never ran... I'm looking at the vertical steel corner post. Might be the only day it ran that year if it is.
feb_15_024.sized.jpg
feb_15_024.sized.jpg (64.11 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Re: Name that lift

Post by Stormchaser »

ImageImageImageImage
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

ImageImageImageImage
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

that hand held scanner rules out da Fiddle
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I'll play.

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Mister Moose wrote: Oct 7th, '20, 13:01 Instead of name that ski area. I'm looking at this photo, and I can't figure it out. The parking lot looks sort of like the Snowdon end of KBL, but the lift loading looks completely wrong for the Snowdon quad. Is this the Devils Fiddle Quad? But it never ran... I'm looking at the vertical steel corner post. Might be the only day it ran that year if it is.

feb_15_024.sized.jpg
That's Snowdon Quad around 2006-2008, looking across bay 4 & 5 towards Superstar. Pre-POWDR installed black paint-mulch, so late ASC era or right after the sale.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Where can I get that white and black plaid matching ski jacket and pants?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Midwest Skier
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Midwest Skier »

My eyes never left that outfit to notice any ski lifts!
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

f.a.s.t. wrote: Oct 7th, '20, 15:19 Where can I get that white and black plaid matching ski jacket and pants?
Its a Roxy outfit from the late 00's, so I'd say ebay, poshmark or a ski swap. Roxy/Quicksilver has made a ton of matching top and bottom prints over the years, including high quality goretex.

G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Positively the Slowden Quad. The diagonal brace on the back of the terminal gives it away.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Ludicrous speed! They've gone to plaid!
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Isn’t that lift properly called the Moosecalator?