Vermont: MANDATORY Quarantine Policy

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Vermont: MANDATORY Quarantine Policy

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Vermont is the safest place in the nation to quarantine. We are down to 5 deaths for our last 2000 cases of Covid with four of those in one nursing home. Pretty much hardly anyone is dying from the virus here.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Over 80% of the deaths in NH are nursing home/assisted living related. The majority of deaths are from people with underlying conditions. Hard to swallow, but most people who go into a nursing home don't leave alive. Now that UNH has closed our numbers should start to drop.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

As a doctor friend of ours says "at least nobody dies of old age or natural causes anymore"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

filejw
Green Skidder

Post by filejw »

Guy in Shorts wrote: Nov 23rd, '20, 18:55 Vermont is the safest place in the nation to quarantine. We are down to 5 deaths for our last 2000 cases of Covid with four of those in one nursing home. Pretty much hardly anyone is dying from the virus here.
And now Mass says your red and people coming from VT must quarantine .
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Didn't realize we were in a death competition? Should we start betting? :roll:
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Every state in the Northeast has some form of travel advisory. Of the 9 states, 6 (NY, NJ, CT, PA, MA, ME) have travel restrictions with possible fines for violators. They have all attempted varying degrees of enforcement. 2 (RI, NH) have guidance, but there are no fines and no enforcement. Policy-wise, Vermont is the same as them. There is no fine, and police are prohibited from enforcing it. They do take the small extra step of requiring people to sign waivers or check a box to stay in lodging or visit ski resorts. Some Vermonters are also very adamant that people follow their travel policy, to a greater degree than anywhere else in the Northeast except maybe the coast of Maine early in the summer.

No one is going to be able to fully enforce their travel restrictions. State's don't have border security agencies. Many people will simply ignore them without consequence. The main intent is to discourage travel around the Thanksgiving holiday, and to some degree that works. While Massachusetts banning Vermont seems crazy given that Vermont has lower numbers than them, it might still prevent people from traveling or gathering if they know they have to go into quarantine upon return, even if they ignore Vermont's restrictions. In New York, we can travel to any neighboring state without quarantine or testing requirements upon return.
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

RENO wrote: Nov 27th, '20, 19:30 Didn't realize we were in a death competition? Should we start betting? :roll:
We are all in a death competition. Winners are still skiing in their 80's.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Mass, has a quarantine requirement for residents returning from NH. This has to be political since Chris is suing Mass over taxing NH residents who work from home for Mass companies. Our numbers are way lower than Masses numbers!
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

All of a sudden corrupt democrats believe in borders. Interesting 🤨
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Bigjohnski wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 10:55 All of a sudden corrupt democrats believe in borders. Interesting 🤨
Go away please, keep your nonsense in the political section.
skilab
Blue Chatterbox

Post by skilab »

After a week of things up and running we see that none of the quarantine requirements actually matter and nobody cares
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Big Bob wrote:Mass, has a quarantine requirement for residents returning from NH. This has to be political since Chris is suing Mass over taxing NH residents who work from home for Mass companies. Our numbers are way lower than Masses numbers!
My friends and I have speculated that all these New England governors are upset at eachother and that is why they are imposing these travel bans. There's so much inter state travel in New England because these states are so small. Most people live wiithin a 1 hour drive of a state border, many less. For many, crossing these borders happens multiple times a week for various reasons. In the end these restrictions make a lot less sense than masks and social distancing. I also suspect they would not pass Constitutional muster.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

daytripper wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 11:33
Bigjohnski wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 10:55 All of a sudden corrupt democrats believe in borders. Interesting 🤨
Go away please, keep your nonsense in the political section.

Truth hurt??
filejw
Green Skidder

Post by filejw »

So let me ask this ! Could I come up on a Sunday night get a hotel and ski for 2/3 days as I have been doing for years...like over 50 .I pretty much consider myself in lockdown anyway.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Yes. You'll probably sign a waiver at check in. That's it.