Condo Buses

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

JJR
Green Skidder

Condo Buses

Post by JJR »

This was the response I received from Guest Services when I inquired about rumors I had heard about bus service being stopped.

That is correct, we made the decision to eliminate the mid-week ( Mon-Fri) shuttle bus service for the remainder of the ski season excluding Presidents week ( Feb 15th -Feb 19th). This change will take effect on February 1st. We have made this tough decision due to limited ridership and more guests opting to take their own vehicle due to Covid safety concerns.
iRock
Bumper

Re: Condo Buses

Post by iRock »

Sucks but not a surprise. Good way to save a ton of $$$ not running buses. Factor in diesel, wear/tear, maintenance, and semi-skilled labor (not getting minimum wage I'm sure) and you'll save a good chunk of money midweek.
trees, steeps, and yan lifts
that's why I ski DA BEAST
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Mountain Green ditched their shuttle buses for the entire season in October...driving to the hill sucks.
ImageImageImageImage
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Could be a new business opportunity.

We drive you to the lift LLC
Where is Happy Hour ?
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Condo rentals are way down and K uses their income from those management fees to pay for the buses. At least for Pinnacle, and most of the complexes on the High Ridge route. Mountain Green was not in the Killington rental program so was paying for their service.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

I'm thinking about the 1.7m that of have to pay at the bottom of Bear to avoid driving ....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

I've been walking to the lifts from my condo this season anyway. 10 minutes to and from. A lot easier in snowboard boots of course. With the ski home trail in decent shape, I'm good. Now that they've lifted the parking reservations midweek, I can just get dropped off if needed or just park there.
rower
Black Carver

Post by rower »

Pinnacle bus running today, Monday
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Pinnacle Board confirmed that midweek bus service will stop next week. Killington reported midweek usage was down 68%.