Dedicated Express Access Lanes

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: Dedicated Express Access Lanes

Post by daytripper »

Last year's lift lines are a moot point as chairs weren't being fully loaded.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Oct 16th, '21, 16:19
It's ironic that we were recently discussing the notion of Vail owning K, and whether things would be different for better or worse. I was one who was glad Powdr owned K.

Then they pull this.
Totally ironic. Hilarious actually. Why invest a hundred plus million dollars on new state of the art lifts like Vail is currently doing at Stowe, Okemo, Mount Snow, Whistler, Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City, Northstar, and Heavenly to the tune of 12 new state of the art high-speed chairlifts, a new high-speed gondola and six new fixed-grip chairlifts when all you really need to do is institute dedicated express access lanes?

Yeah that's the ticket. See I told you, POWDR is WAY better than Vail! What a joke, LMFAO.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

They could hire 10 more happy hour bartenders so you don't have to wait 15 minutes for a drink - or sell cans out of a bucket - and make what they are going to make with this FastPass scam - it would be easier and improve customer service.....Instead they do this.

Unless FastPass covers the bars at K1, Peak, Snowshed, and the Umbrella Bars.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

KingsFourMan wrote: Oct 18th, '21, 12:31
It's ironic that we were recently discussing the notion of Vail owning K, and whether things would be different for better or worse. I was one who was glad Powdr owned K.

Then they pull this.
Totally ironic. Hilarious actually. Why invest a hundred plus million dollars on new state of the art lifts like Vail is currently doing at Stowe, Okemo, Mount Snow, Whistler, Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City, Northstar, and Heavenly to the tune of 12 new state of the art high-speed chairlifts, a new high-speed gondola and six new fixed-grip chairlifts when all you really need to do is institute dedicated express access lanes?

Yeah that's the ticket. See I told you, POWDR is WAY better than Vail! What a joke, LMFAO.
I still would rather K be owned by powdr than Vail.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

daytripper wrote: Oct 18th, '21, 13:00

Then they pull this.

I still would rather K be owned by powdr than Vail.
I hear you. I can't wait to see people spend $49 to get in the dedicated express access lane at the skyship gondola and then get stranded on that lift for 30-45 minutes like what happened multiple times last year because that lift is now 27 years old and is the most unreliable lift on the mountain. Or the family who is waiting in the already massively overwhelmed Rams Head lift line wondering why people are cutting in front of them and making them wait even longer. Brilliant, we'll show those Vail boys how its done.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

its $49 to start. You know it is going to be more than that the busier it gets
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

hillbangin wrote: Oct 18th, '21, 12:44 They could hire 10 more happy hour bartenders so you don't have to wait 15 minutes for a drink - or sell cans out of a bucket - and make what they are going to make with this FastPass scam - it would be easier and improve customer service.....Instead they do this.

Doesn't yet, but wait for it. If Fastpass sticks, it's only a matter of time before something akin to this happens too.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

It seems to be tolerated at Disney but the clientele are different.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

machski wrote:
hillbangin wrote: Oct 18th, '21, 12:44 They could hire 10 more happy hour bartenders so you don't have to wait 15 minutes for a drink - or sell cans out of a bucket - and make what they are going to make with this FastPass scam - it would be easier and improve customer service.....Instead they do this.

Doesn't yet, but wait for it. If Fastpass sticks, it's only a matter of time before something akin to this happens too.
The new Lodge will be divided by floor by Caste. The unwashed won't be allowed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spiderpig
Beginner On Rentals

Post by spiderpig »

biged wrote: Oct 18th, '21, 11:43 Guessing like other mountains season pass sales are the highest they have ever been. At least that is the case at some smaller mountains and their kids programs selling out in a day. Expect it to be busy this year.

1. Are we going to see the canyon quad, snowdon triple, bear chair, southridge quad and needles run full time or stay on the same schedule?
2. Who waived the magic wand to get more room at the lift lines? Last year the snowdon 6 had every line past the gate and starting to block the trail to rams head. Same at Skye Peak Quad. Long line at Needles etc... I would guess if you are making a problem worse you are increasing your liability if someone gets hurt in a collision. Better order some signs walking required here to get by the lift mess you are creating.
3. Powdr can drop everything to get these new scanners in but you can't finish the new lodge. Maybe you should consider hiring the person who built the McDonalds in Rutland.
4. Guessing the Elite will also like paying $10 for a beer or glass of wine in a cheap plastic cup.
Last year they couldn't load full chairs
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Needle's was the only lift that had an expanded schedule last year. I would expect it to return to the Friday-Sunday schedule it was on before, though if weekday visits are up, they could potentially keep it going 7 days a week. Of course they are understaffed, but there are still around 2 months to work that out before they actually have to run every lift.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Then they pull this.

And if Vail owned Killington they would immediately chop a month off the season on each end. MINIMUM!
teletimg
Beginner On Rentals

Post by teletimg »

snoloco wrote: Oct 18th, '21, 20:49

Then they pull this.

And if Vail owned Killington they would immediately chop a month off the season on each end. MINIMUM!
Of course that is exactly what Powdum did when they first got here.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

teletimg wrote: Oct 18th, '21, 21:28

Then they pull this.

You beat me to the punch. Along with shuttering an entire mountain area, base lodge, and access point at Sunrise Mountain forever. Lets not forget about that travesty at a resort where family friendly blue terrain is in very short supply. Or did that arrogant flaming asshole Less Otten do that? I seem to remember Nyburg saying "we have a cathedral here built for Christmas and Easter" just before he embarked on a massive consolidation/reduction program at Killington. Either way, POWDR sucks almost as much as ASC did and has been getting their clock cleaned by Vail for years.
iRock
Bumper

Post by iRock »

KingsFourMan wrote: Oct 18th, '21, 22:04
teletimg wrote: Oct 18th, '21, 21:28

Then they pull this.

You beat me to the punch. Along with shuttering an entire mountain area, base lodge, and access point at Sunrise Mountain forever. Lets not forget about that travesty at a resort where family friendly blue terrain is in very short supply. Or did that arrogant flaming asshole Less Otten do that? I seem to remember Nyburg saying "we have a cathedral here built for Christmas and Easter" just before he embarked on a massive consolidation/reduction program at Killington. Either way, POWDR sucks almost as much as ASC did and has been getting their clock cleaned by Vail for years.
The entire K-Zone forum told you how wrong you were and you continue to beat this drum....either every single one of us is an idiot or you are the idiot.
trees, steeps, and yan lifts
that's why I ski DA BEAST