thursday 11/11 vet's day report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

thursday 11/11 vet's day report

Post by skiadikt »

mama told me not to come, "that ain't the way to have fun, son" ... at least i lived to tell about it. friggin' scary out there. snowcones with ice in-between. hordes of kids swarming down a very scraped off lower rime. worst day of this young season. this spring thing was fun while it lasted. the good news is after tomorrow's "event", cold arrives late saturday and sticks around for a bit.

of course the occasion was veteran's day. thanks to all who served.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
ski
Wanted Poster

Re: thursday 11/11 vet's day report

Post by ski »

Yeah , , What a friggin' cluster up there . . Got in early and got out alive..
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Yeah, but it counts toward you earning a hat so it was worth it.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Bubba wrote: Nov 11th, '21, 13:08 Yeah, but it counts toward you earning a hat so it was worth it.
Seriously :roll: You still cannot just let it go :P Nothing wrong with people enjoying their passion :?
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

A good test of my stopping skills when the snowboarder in front of me decided to wipe out when he hit the rut on his way into the lift line. Somehow I managed to stop and got around him. And called it a day. A wild day.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

MrsG wrote: Nov 11th, '21, 13:44
Bubba wrote: Nov 11th, '21, 13:08 Yeah, but it counts toward you earning a hat so it was worth it.
Seriously :roll: You still cannot just let it go :P Nothing wrong with people enjoying their passion :?
Didn’t sound enjoyable from the description. Maybe skiadkt’s song reference should’ve been “Should've Known Better“. :banana: :mrgreen:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

was coming out no matter what but forgot it was vet's day, only realizing when i pulled in. might have changed my battle plan. also it was another beautiful morning, figured i'd get in one last good day before the sh*t hits the fan. "the hat" is never a factor. some of us who live up here actually ski.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

skiadikt wrote: Nov 11th, '21, 15:21
was coming out no matter what but forgot it was vet's day, only realizing when i pulled in. might have changed my battle plan. also it was another beautiful morning, figured i'd get in one last good day before the sh*t hits the fan. "the hat" is never a factor. some of us who live up here actually ski.
:lol: :like

I'll wait for top to bottom. I only have but one life to give for the mountain. :wink:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Bubba wrote: Nov 11th, '21, 15:44 I only have but one life to give for the mountain. Please don't let it be on Rime :wink:
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

ski wrote: Nov 11th, '21, 16:30
Bubba wrote: Nov 11th, '21, 15:44 I only have but one life to give for the mountain. Please don't let it be on Rime :wink:
It sure as hell won’t be on the steps. Bring back the truck! :lol:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Bubba wrote: Nov 11th, '21, 21:01
I did the Killington double mid-station back in the day for Upper Cascade early season runs then rode the double back down. Stairway to Heaven never appealed to me unless Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were playing it.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Bubba wrote: Nov 11th, '21, 21:01
F*ck the truck, install the K 2 gondola which was shown to unload at the top of the North Ridge Quad. Boy, would that be a cluster on a busy day!
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

ah yes the truckin' days. hearing my wife's voice and seeing her ski again - priceless. for those who never experienced the truck. here 'tis ...

https://youtu.be/RCLqSZlLzCY
klondick
Black Carver

Post by klondick »

Not sure the safety police would still approve of trucking us cattle again.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: More crowded [especially with kids; school musta been out?] than I expected especially on Lower Rime. Went out about 1:00 to avoid some of the traffic though knowing it was gonna cloud up in the afternoon [which it did though visibility was quite good especially near the left tree line].

ROTD: Upper / Lower Rime. Was able to have some enjoyable runs hugging the left tree line though had to keep my speed way down. Visibility was great with the definition provided by the nearby trees as well as staying in the 'shadow' the whole time. Cover was marginal but very doable without hitting anything if you were careful. Added bonus: Pretty empty in the left side lanes and much safer than being out in the middle with the leaping lizards coming out of the park, etc.

Not the best day but glad I made it out [and one more notch towards the hat AND sticker !!].

I for one am ready for TTB skiing.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!