Can the Democrat Party be saved?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Can the Democrat Party be saved?

Post by Bigjohnski »

Last night, an unimaginable horror visited Waukesha, WI as a red SUV plowed into a parade, striking children and adults alike. At least five people are dead per the latest reports. The purported assailant has been identified as Darrell E. Brooks, a “rapper” with a long history of criminal conduct.

When Brooks was identified, the immediate question became how someone who was charged with multiple felonies, including with domestic abuse assessments, was let out of jail on just a $1,000 bond two days prior. The answer to that question is becoming clearer as we learn about the prosecutor’s office that handled those cases.

Apparently, ADA John Chisholm, whose office handled Brooks’ latest bout with the law, is a big proponent of far-left, activist DA George Gascon. RedState has covered the repercussions of Gascon’s awful, crime-promoting policies in the past. Chisholm is also a big promoter of cash bail, sometimes called “bail reform,” which has routinely put violent criminals back on the streets to commit more crimes in major cities like New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles.

liberal policies killed and injured the poor innocent people in that parade

PATHETIC!!!
mulva
Beginner On Rentals

Post by mulva »

Blaming bail reform is ridiculous since your guy Trump and Jared Kushner did prison reform. What's worse? If Republicans cared about their base at all, they'd be pushing this as a hate crime; which it was. Look at Darrell Brooks' social media (actually now scrubbed, but archived posts are out there). The fact that Brooks has bail set at $5M is a slap in the face to the Jan 6 political prisoners who had no bail option. Brooks targeted White people at a Christmas parade, killed 6 people and injured 50 when he ran them over with his SUV. That's the definition of a hate crime. There isn't a single Jan 6 political prisoner who came close to that. This post should be under "Can the Republican Party be saved?" Brooks was out on bail because Dems policy...Owned! Owning the libs gets you nowhere. When will Republicans take their own side and demand that their party do something, anything for them?
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

What? Democrats are filthy and to blame. When you’re done spinning like a top and start blaming the corrupt democrats let me know. You sound like Nancy Pelosi.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Getting cut off at $100 at the gas pump just like Obama years. Does bother me more then it should. Thanks for nothing Joe.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

What does the price of gas have to do with Biden? What policy in particular that he pushed led to higher gas prices? My understanding is that the price of gas has more to do with post-covid economic conditions and market action than it does with who sits in the White House.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Trump remained cushy with the Saudi Arabian leader even after the disgusting event of Kashogi’s (sp?) murder. Trump got LOTS of well deserved flack for it too. Biden during the debates, came out strongly against the Saudi leadership. If YOU ran Saudi Arabia, what would YOU do with oil prices? If Trump had remained president, I believe the oil prices would have remained lower, plus KeystoneXL would be being built. It’s the Democrat war on carbon, and by association, the US economy.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 24th, '21, 07:40 What does the price of gas have to do with Biden? What policy in particular that he pushed led to higher gas prices? My understanding is that the price of gas has more to do with post-covid economic conditions and market action than it does with who sits in the White House.
Right. What could he have done, wave a magic wand?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dickc wrote: Nov 24th, '21, 08:59 Trump remained cushy with the Saudi Arabian leader even after the disgusting event of Kashogi’s (sp?) murder. Trump got LOTS of well deserved flack for it too. Biden during the debates, came out strongly against the Saudi leadership. If YOU ran Saudi Arabia, what would YOU do with oil prices? If Trump had remained president, I believe the oil prices would have remained lower, plus KeystoneXL would be being built. It’s the Democrat war on carbon, and by association, the US economy.
Take KeystoneXL out of your comments and you might have something there. On the other hand, you’ve ignored international demand growth for oil and natural gas, domestic refinery shutdowns, and the fact that the US now exports some of its production.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I tend to doubt the Saudi's would decrease oil production just because of something Biden said during the debates. Has Biden actually made any policy changes with respect to the Saudi's, or done anything besides talk?

Biden has taken at least one concrete step to lower oil prices by releasing 50 million barrels from the U.S. oil reserve. Of course given that consumption is something like 20 million barrels a day worldwide, that small amount is not likely to move markets.

And, by the way, OPEC has agreed to increase oil production:
Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak told a news conference Thursday: “The decision was made previously to increase production by 400,000 (barrels per day) every month, and I underscore every month, until the end of 2022. Today the decision was reiterated to maintain current parameters which were decided on earlier.”

International oil benchmark Brent crude was trading at $81.68 per barrel at 1:20 p.m. ET on Thursday, down 34 cents from the previous day.

“From August until now, we have added 2 million barrels of additional production to the market,” Novak said. “So as planned, we are giving the market more and more volume, as it is recovering, at the same time we also see there is a seasonal drop in demand in the fourth and first quarters of the year, and also there are some signs such as a decrease in oil product demand in the EU in October, which we have observed.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/04/opec-ag ... ssure.html

In that regard, Biden's remarks blaming OPEC for high gas prices seem misplaced, IMHO. This seems to be a market-driven increase not the fault of any government or even OPEC.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

President Trump NEVER begged Saudi Arabia like Pathetic potato Head Joe Biden has to help us and produce more oil

as always Easy Rider is clueless and ignorant as ever
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 24th, '21, 07:40 What does the price of gas have to do with Biden? What policy in particular that he pushed led to higher gas prices? My understanding is that the price of gas has more to do with post-covid economic conditions and market action than it does with who sits in the White House.

Biden doesn't care about you peons 50 million barrels = 2.6 days PATHETIC BIDEN DID THIS AS A TOKEN AND TELLING EVERYONE HE'S ON TOP OF THE PROBLEM BIDEN IS A HUGE JOKE.

PJ Media
Of all the inflationary pressures putting the squeeze on Americans’ household budgets — beef up 20% since 2020, pork up 14%, ham up 7%, chicken up 9%, seafood 7%, eggs up 12% — perhaps none has hurt as much as the increase in the price of a gallon of gas.

Gas is up an average of 57% this year, with corresponding increases of 44% for diesel and a whopping 60% for fuel oil.

To give you an idea of how seriously the Biden Administration is taking your concerns, on Monday the White House announced a bold plan that very nearly pretends to care.

Biden will release 50 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. While 50 million of anything sounds like a lot, that’s only about two-and-a-half days’ worth of our crude oil needs. And remember, the SPR is something that we can only tap a few times — it’s currently at about 600 million barrels — before it’s empty.

What we need is to produce more oil, but by shutting down pipelines and essentially waging war against fracking, Biden is effectively strangling our ability to increase production when we need it most.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

NY POST LIBERAL P O S

The district attorney facing criticism after the alleged Waukesha Christmas parade crash killer was freed on bond two days before the carnage previously admitted his progressive reforms “guaranteed” killers could be put back on the street.

Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm, who was elected to the position in 2007, has spent his career supporting cash-bail system reform because he argues it criminalizes poverty.

In an interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel the year he was elected, Chisholm said: “Is there going to be an individual I divert, or I put into treatment program, who’s going to go out and kill somebody?”

“You bet. Guaranteed. It’s guaranteed to happen.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Bubba wrote: Nov 24th, '21, 09:32
Dickc wrote: Nov 24th, '21, 08:59 Trump remained cushy with the Saudi Arabian leader even after the disgusting event of Kashogi’s (sp?) murder. Trump got LOTS of well deserved flack for it too. Biden during the debates, came out strongly against the Saudi leadership. If YOU ran Saudi Arabia, what would YOU do with oil prices? If Trump had remained president, I believe the oil prices would have remained lower, plus KeystoneXL would be being built. It’s the Democrat war on carbon, and by association, the US economy.
Take KeystoneXL out of your comments and you might have something there. On the other hand, you’ve ignored international demand growth for oil and natural gas, domestic refinery shutdowns, and the fact that the US now exports some of its production.
Not ignoring international demand, but the change in American attitude was the straw that made the Saudi’s withdraw some production to force up market prices. You know, that pesky supply and demand thing. I’m sure Trump was being nice as he wanted to make it hard for the Saudis to do something to hurt a friend. Biden created distance, and distance made it easier for the Saudi ruler to decree that cut.

Keystone is future supply, but the markets DO have a future look to them, so this does factor in, most likely not to a major degree. It shows the trend of the US for the next few years, thus pricing in a premium.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dickc wrote: Nov 24th, '21, 13:15
Bubba wrote: Nov 24th, '21, 09:32
Not ignoring international demand, but the change in American attitude was the straw that made the Saudi’s withdraw some production to force up market prices. You know, that pesky supply and demand thing. I’m sure Trump was being nice as he wanted to make it hard for the Saudis to do something to hurt a friend. Biden created distance, and distance made it easier for the Saudi ruler to decree that cut.

Keystone is future supply, but the markets DO have a future look to them, so this does factor in, most likely not to a major degree. It shows the trend of the US for the next few years, thus pricing in a premium.
I think you need to research Keystone just a bit. Rather than add a lot of oil to the international mix of supply, it merely shortened the transportation distance and reduced the cost of transportation for the heavy oil coming out of Alberta. That oil was already hitting the market, just by a different route. (Mostly rail.) In other words, the benefit of KeystoneXL would be to increase the oil producers' netbacks.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote: Nov 24th, '21, 14:28 I think you need to research Keystone just a bit. Rather than add a lot of oil to the international mix of supply, it merely shortened the transportation distance and reduced the cost of transportation for the heavy oil coming out of Alberta. That oil was already hitting the market, just by a different route. (Mostly rail.) In other words, the benefit of KeystoneXL would be to increase the oil producers' netbacks.
Which is cheaper, rail or pipeline?
How does cost of production affect supply?
How fast can the industry react to price changes when developing new sources of supply?