Dedicated Express Access Lanes

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Low Rider
Black Carver

Re: Dedicated Express Access Lanes

Post by Low Rider »

ski wrote: Dec 20th, '21, 08:36
boston_e wrote: Dec 20th, '21, 07:55 Regardless of how much these get used or don't get used - its just a really bad look IMO.
yep . . . . The entire Killington management team should be embarrassed by this gross and demeaning feature . . .
Having really witnessed the fast track usage for the first time in the past couple of days, I agree 100% with this sentiment. It may be one of the most obnoxios things I've ever seen at a ski resort.

From what I saw, the fast tracks lane was next to (but not the same as) the singles line at both RamsHead and the bubble.

I think the overall sentiment towards it is negative... the couple of other people i heard talking about it echoed these same impressions. Words like "lame", "dumb", "annoying" etc etc were all words I heard used to describe it.

Hopefully this is a short lived experiment.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I have 14 days of skiing at K this year, and have only seen one family use the FastPass lane. I was in the singles line and got seated with them. While I agree that the concept of being able to skip the line by paying more is lame, it hasn't really impacted me at all yet.

Has anyone else noticed any real impact? As in, for example, your wait got longer because of people using FastPass?
Last edited by easyrider16 on Dec 30th, '21, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

How much use have they had this week? Were users ridiculed or had snowballs thrown at them?
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

daytripper wrote: Dec 30th, '21, 09:37 How much use have they had this week? Were users ridiculed or had snowballs thrown at them?
I have seen very few people using it this week. Will be interesting to see if usage is heavier if / when the skiing is better.

No snowballs that I saw.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

I have only seen 2 people use it . . . Oddly enough, 2 different newbs at Snowshed.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

the mtn has certainly been crowded enough that i could see some people springing for it but very little action. saw a group of 4 go through at snowdon today. and 2 the other day. and that's it.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

i saw one dude with a very expensive snowboard set up who looked like he was a noob go through the k1 line.

the funny part was that i went through the singles line and caught right up to him. separating rich people from their money seems pretty easy...
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 30th, '21, 09:36 I have 14 days of skiing at K this year, and have only seen one family use the FastPass lane. I was in the singles line and got seated with them. While I agree that the concept of being able to skip the line by paying more is lame, it hasn't really impacted me at all yet.

Has anyone else noticed any real impact? As in, for example, your wait got longer because of people using FastPass?
After witnessing a few days - I have seen more people ducking under the rope after the Express Lane Only gate than I have seen actual legitimate people using it.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

asher2789 wrote: Dec 30th, '21, 19:40 i saw one dude with a very expensive snowboard set up who looked like he was a noob go through the k1 line.

the funny part was that i went through the singles line and caught right up to him. separating rich people from their money seems pretty easy...
Maybe?... someday?...you to WILL BE "rich"......OR A REaSONABLE FASCIMILE of this
E O Eleven
Black Carver

Post by E O Eleven »

:zzz
Last edited by E O Eleven on Jan 13th, '22, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
teletimg
Beginner On Rentals

Post by teletimg »

I threw a snowball at the sign.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

teletimg wrote: Jan 3rd, '22, 18:52 I threw a snowball at the sign.
tantamount...to throwing a tantrum.....what a tough guy
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Heywood jablowmee wrote: Jan 3rd, '22, 15:21
asher2789 wrote: Dec 30th, '21, 19:40 i saw one dude with a very expensive snowboard set up who looked like he was a noob go through the k1 line.

Maybe?... someday?...you to WILL BE "rich"......OR A REaSONABLE FASCIMILE of this
LOL
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Love the express lanes. Not one single downside in my world.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

I keep wondering what they will do with all those RFID gates that are currently going unused after this POWDR experiment gets tossed in the recycle bin. What a waste of time and money that could have been put to better use.